Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Volvo Recall.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Volvo Recall.

Old 24-07-2019, 16:06   #1
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Volvo Recall.

Volvo is recalling almost 70,000 cars with diesel engines in the UK. This is due to a fault that could result in a small risk of fire.

The recall affects certain Volvo cars sold between 2014 and 2019 that have two-litre four-cylinder diesel engines. Some 507,000 vehicles are being recalled globally due to the fault.

Volvo says there is currently no fix for the problem. Instead it is writing to customers to let them know what to look out for.

The company says if your car is not displaying any symptoms of the fault, the car is safe to drive.

List of models in link.

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2019/07...allvolvo230719
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-07-2019, 17:19   #2
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Volvo Recall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Volvo is recalling almost 70,000 cars with diesel engines in the UK. This is due to a fault that could result in a small risk of fire.

The recall affects certain Volvo cars sold between 2014 and 2019 that have two-litre four-cylinder diesel engines. Some 507,000 vehicles are being recalled globally due to the fault.

Volvo says there is currently no fix for the problem. Instead it is writing to customers to let them know what to look out for.

The company says if your car is not displaying any symptoms of the fault, the car is safe to drive.

List of models in link.

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2019/07...allvolvo230719
Wish they'd fix the issue of their lights always being on ...
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2019, 17:59   #3
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Wish they'd fix the issue of their lights always being on ...
That’s not a bug, it’s a feature...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2019, 20:08   #4
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
That’s not a bug, it’s a feature...
Are you a programmer Hugh?
Old 24-07-2019, 20:18   #5
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Are you a programmer Hugh?
Was...

If it was in the spec, it’s a feature...
Old 24-07-2019, 20:29   #6
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Was...

If it was in the spec, it’s a feature...
Well it's a bloody irritating one, along with everyone else who sticks lights on in the sun ! It all started with poxy Volvo.

And don't get me on the subject of fog lights when theres no fog or inappropriate use of the the horn !
Old 24-07-2019, 21:15   #7
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Better to be seen than not at all ... me thinks... all motorcycles should also be fitted with daylight running lights, I know from past experience of 25 years of riding when we did not have them.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2019, 21:20   #8
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard s View Post
Better to be seen than not at all ... me thinks... all motorcycles should also be fitted with daylight running lights, I know from past experience of 25 years of riding when we did not have them.
Personally I think all BMW and Audi drivers should have a big inflatable knob strapped to their heads, so we're all warned that they are d***heads.
Old 26-07-2019, 22:21   #9
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Personally I think all BMW and Audi drivers should have a big inflatable knob strapped to their heads, so we're all warned that they are d***heads.
What do you drive?
Old 26-07-2019, 22:24   #10
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
What do you drive?
A sensible Ford Focus Hugh. I see you in a Ferrari
Old 26-07-2019, 22:45   #11
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
My imagination sees a three wheeler type of vehicle.
Old 26-07-2019, 22:47   #12
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
My imagination sees a three wheeler type of vehicle.
Now then Hugh can afford better than that ! Maybe a Sinclair C5?
Old 26-07-2019, 23:14   #13
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
I drive a Ford Focus Estate, SWMBO drives a Ford KA+
Old 27-07-2019, 09:23   #14
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
I drive a Ford Focus Estate, SWMBO drives a Ford KA+
Good. I knew you were a grounded sensible chap too !