Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
Closed Thread

Old 23-01-2022, 22:50   #196
carravetta
cf.member

Services: Sky Q 2TB, Sky Q Multiroom, Broadband and Phone
carravetta is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

NBC News currently testing on Sky so we may well see that appear on Virgin in the coming months.

Also Comcast looking at launching NBC Sky World News after plans were put on hold 2 years ago. They may be announcing this on Thursday as their annual earnings are released.
Advertisement
Old 24-01-2022, 00:27   #197
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by carravetta View Post
NBC News currently testing on Sky so we may well see that appear on Virgin in the coming months.

Also Comcast looking at launching NBC Sky World News after plans were put on hold 2 years ago. They may be announcing this on Thursday as their annual earnings are released.
how interesting. is this some sort of international version of NBC or the stream straight from US?
Old 24-01-2022, 07:06   #198
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Someone a wee while back suggested that the TV360 owners need to change their Series Links but the Tivo-based systems won't in this particular instance, so that's possibly why the former might be getting notification and Tivo-based boxes aren't.

I don't know if this is the reason, but they are different in how they do things, that's for certain, so it wouldn't be that surprising.
They certainly work in different ways and the 360 is much more dependent on net based data. That doesn't change the fact that changes will still be going ahead on Tivo based systems and some sort of heads up would be useful.
Old 24-01-2022, 09:38   #199
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Someone a wee while back suggested that the TV360 owners need to change their Series Links but the Tivo-based systems won't in this particular instance, so that's possibly why the former might be getting notification and Tivo-based boxes aren't.
That's correct. TiVo has a mechanism where it can be told that one channel replaces another, so it automatically changes the series links.
Old 24-01-2022, 09:59   #200
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Another of many downsides of the 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
That's correct. TiVo has a mechanism where it can be told that one channel replaces another, so it automatically changes the series links.
Old 24-01-2022, 11:04   #201
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Another of many downsides of the 360
It’s not a huge problem. It took me just a few minutes to sort that out.

However one of the many upsides is the use the 360 makes of on demand for recording purposes. This reduces the pressure on the hard drive, enabling far more recordings to be made than on the TiVo/V6s.

The ability to use profiles for your bookmarks (watchlists) is also extremely useful if there is more than one person living in the house with you.

It was a culture shock when I first moved to the 360 software but I am hooked now and prefer it to the V6.
Old 24-01-2022, 11:15   #202
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Still can't get on with the 360 here. Recreating Series Links is something you should not have to do.

Wishlists and the Series Link+ are thr big loss.

Profiles you have to keep reselecting are a pain.

On the 360 - how do I recreate series links for series currently not in the guide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It’s not a huge problem. It took me just a few minutes to sort that out.

However one of the many upsides is the use the 360 makes of on demand for recording purposes. This reduces the pressure on the hard drive, enabling far more recordings to be made than on the TiVo/V6s.

The ability to use profiles for your bookmarks (watchlists) is also extremely useful if there is more than one person living in the house with you.

It was a culture shock when I first moved to the 360 software but I am hooked now and prefer it to the V6.

Last edited by ozsat; 24-01-2022 at 11:22.
Old 24-01-2022, 14:02   #203
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Still can't get on with the 360 here. Recreating Series Links is something you should not have to do.

Wishlists and the Series Link+ are thr big loss.

Profiles you have to keep reselecting are a pain.

On the 360 - how do I recreate series links for series currently not in the guide?
You don’t have to recreate series links, do you? I think that is only necessary if you delete the series link when you’ve finished the series you are watching.

My wife loves ‘Fear the Walking Dead’, but the last two series were only available on Amazon for a fee. However, out of the blue the other day the series popped up on our watchlist and now the last two series are there, free of extra charge. I’m sure the V6 didn’t do that.

Likewise, with the series recorded from live TV, any new series pop up automatically. Just make sure you don’t cancel the series link when you’ve seen the last one.

We find the profiles very useful indeed. You can set it up to always come on with the profile you select if you want to, or you don’t have to use them at all.

By ‘wish list’ I think you mean the facility on the TiVo/V6 to just select a programme, cast member, director or whatever, and to be alerted to programmes fitting that criteria when they are available. I have rarely used that facility and therefore don’t miss it. The only searching I do is from the search function on the 360, which brings up any programmes that are already available, and I then add them to the watchlist.

Frankly, the only thing I miss is the fact that you cannot ‘undelete’ recordings recently deleted.
Old 24-01-2022, 15:00   #204
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Sounds good but I do not want to pay£30 or whatever for a remote control!
Old 24-01-2022, 15:10   #205
ozsat
cf.mega poster

On the 360 - any series link you had on BBC1HD you will have to recreate - and that can only be done if it is in the guide. The on-screen message says you have to re-create them!

That means it will actually take months to reset programmes not currently airing - like Doctor Who.

Quote:
You don’t have to recreate series links, do you? I think that is only necessary if you delete the series link when you’ve finished the series you are watching.
Old 24-01-2022, 15:14   #206
ozsat
cf.mega poster

That is exactly what the TiVo Series Link+ does. Uses both live channels and OnDemand/CatchUp.

In fact you can even say not to record them and just list them in MyShows and play from CatchUp. It also follows all channels so if a series moves channel at any point than the series still records.

When Sky lost of the WWE Wrestling to BT Sports - series link+ followed them and the users didn't need to do anything except ensure they had a subscription.

Quote:
My wife loves ‘Fear the Walking Dead’, but the last two series were only available on Amazon for a fee. However, out of the blue the other day the series popped up on our watchlist and now the last two series are there, free of extra charge. I’m sure the V6 didn’t do that.

---------- Post added at 15:14 ---------- Previous post was at 15:12 ----------

A wishlist would let you create recording schedules for programmes that haven't even appeared in the guide yet. And they would appear once available with no further action.

With one single wishlist you can record all programmes from all channels - theat feature a certain actor or even a sports team. Set it up once and forget about it. No need to create new series links for new shows they appear in.

Quote:
By ‘wish list’ I think you mean the facility on the TiVo/V6 to just select a programme, cast member, director or whatever, and to be alerted to programmes fitting that criteria when they are available. I have rarely used that facility and therefore don’t miss it. The only searching I do is from the search function on the 360, which brings up any programmes that are already available, and I then add them to the watchlist.

Last edited by ozsat; 24-01-2022 at 15:20.
Old 24-01-2022, 15:24   #207
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Media Boy HQ has seen confirm channel numbers for England and N. Ireland from next week.

On Virgin Media, BBC Three will launch onto channel 107, pushing BBC Four down to 108. BBC One in HD is currently available on channel 108 but this will now become the standard on slot 101 with the launch of the BBC One regions in HD.

I have still to see news on where BBC Scotland HD will go in Scotland. And I have still to see news on where S4C HD will go in Wales.

https://www.mediamole.co.uk/entertai...ed_476199.html

Plan A) This is a one I am now working with: (Due to BBC THREE HD being confirmed as on Channel 107).

List first posted on January 16th.

107. BBC THREE HD (Was BBC FOUR HD) all areas
108. BBC FOUR HD (In all areas) -
113. BBC Scotland HD (Scotland only)
113. Channel 4 (Wales only)
120. ITV Wales SD (Wales only)
162. ITVBe +1 (Wales only)

Plan B) Reports says S4C need to be in Top 8 on the EPG in Wales - if true a following may happen. From last weekend.

108. BBC FOUR HD - Not in Wales
108. Channel 4 - Wales only
113. BBC Scotland HD - Scotland only
120. BBC FOUR HD - Wales only
120. BBC ALBA - Scotland only
120. ITVBe +1 - Not in Scotland or Wales
162. ITVBe +1 - Only in Scotland and Wales
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 24-01-2022, 16:37   #208
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
I have still to see news on where BBC Scotland HD will go in Scotland. And I have still to see news on where S4C HD will go in Wales.
Erm. It's on 104, that's why Channel 4 is on 108 in Wales.
Old 24-01-2022, 17:21   #209
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Erm. It's on 104, that's why Channel 4 is on 108 in Wales.
Oops got them mix up.

---------- Post added at 17:21 ---------- Previous post was at 17:14 ----------

NOW been confirmed by Virgin.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...I/ba-p/4921107
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 24-01-2022, 18:33   #210
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Oops got them mix up.

---------- Post added at 17:21 ---------- Previous post was at 17:14 ----------

NOW been confirmed by Virgin.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...I/ba-p/4921107
Interesting that they don't mention Scotland & Wales.
Closed Thread