Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Old 03-12-2021, 20:47   #661
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...-25-5tbps.html

“Good” news that so many people enjoyed Amazon’s football coverage but bad news from BT with the reminder that someone has to pay for the fact streaming is a ruthlessly inefficient way to broadcast live events to millions of homes.

That says it all, as it stands right now, streaming of football is mingin.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2021, 20:52   #662
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

How useless is the Toni Triage Bot, the bloody thing keeps asking the same questions, I want to cancel Premier Sports, but it looks like I need to phone, it's kind of stupid because to add that service you can do it via your V6 box, so why can Virgin not make it simple for people to cancel an added service?
Old 04-12-2021, 21:15   #663
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
How useless is the Toni Triage Bot, the bloody thing keeps asking the same questions, I want to cancel Premier Sports, but it looks like I need to phone, it's kind of stupid because to add that service you can do it via your V6 box, so why can Virgin not make it simple for people to cancel an added service?
cuz they want you to give up and keep it
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 21:18   #664
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
cuz they want you to give up and keep it

Yeah, I think that's spot on, unfortunately.
Old 04-12-2021, 21:21   #665
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
May be account specific so woth checking if you have NOW, Sky sports offer £14.99p/m for 3 months nice price for over the festive season.
I got that one offered.

If you look through google shopping you can find codes for discounts on sports/movies/entertainment and boost for a few pounds. Not sure who these sellers are (or where they get them) but I bought the Boost one (£2 a month for 6 months for £2.29) to add to the others I've gradually accumulated from Now.

I've currently got entertainment for £4.99, movies £2.99, sports £14.99 and boost £2 all on my account for the festive season. Will see what they offer me when I go to cancel.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 21:53   #666
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

I had previously cancelled the Now Tv sub, I brought it back for the new season of the excellent Succession drama, I got a free seven-day trial and then cancelled online as I didn't want to pay £9.99 per month for the entertainment package, I got the usual stay with us etc etc and kept going to the cancel section, and low and behold, I got the entertainment package for £3.99.
Old 05-12-2021, 02:32   #667
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I had previously cancelled the Now Tv sub, I brought it back for the new season of the excellent Succession drama, I got a free seven-day trial and then cancelled online as I didn't want to pay £9.99 per month for the entertainment package, I got the usual stay with us etc etc and kept going to the cancel section, and low and behold, I got the entertainment package for £3.99.
Yes the multiple "stay with us" is being looked into by the powers that be as it may be unlawful, it should only ask once if you want to cancel and then make a offer, not ask 3 or 4 times if you want to cancel.
Old 05-12-2021, 13:19   #668
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

The business pages of Today's Telegraph leads with an article stating Discovery is in discussions with BT which may result in the DAZN bid being rejected.

Apparently the details of the DAZN bid are not agreed as yet - major sticking points being :-

BT wanting guarantees of the reliability of DAZN's streaming - concerns over blackouts during live coverage which might lead to BT losing broadband customers

DAZN's commitment to maintaining current sports rights

DAZN wanting BT to give long-term guarantees from BT to cover any potential customer cancellations - something BT refuses to do.

It seems all is not perfect in the world of streaming!
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 14:39   #669
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
The business pages of Today's Telegraph leads with an article stating Discovery is in discussions with BT which may result in the DAZN bid being rejected.

Apparently the details of the DAZN bid are not agreed as yet - major sticking points being :-

BT wanting guarantees of the reliability of DAZN's streaming - concerns over blackouts during live coverage which might lead to BT losing broadband customers

DAZN's commitment to maintaining current sports rights

DAZN wanting BT to give long-term guarantees from BT to cover any potential customer cancellations - something BT refuses to do.

It seems all is not perfect in the world of streaming!
Sounds like this spending billions on sports rights thing is much harder than some on the forum continue to portray.
Old 05-12-2021, 17:36   #670
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Sounds like this spending billions on sports rights thing is much harder than some on the forum continue to portray.

Oh, I think spending billions on sports rights is easy - it is turning your investment into a profit that is difficult
Old 05-12-2021, 21:25   #671
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Oh, I think spending billions on sports rights is easy - it is turning your investment into a profit that is difficult
No, the real problem is streaming quality. Once they’ve ironed this out, the rest will be a piece of cake.

BT wouldn’t want to risk a customer backlash such as occurred in Italy recently.
Old 05-12-2021, 23:03   #672
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
No, the real problem is streaming quality. Once they’ve ironed this out, the rest will be a piece of cake.

BT wouldn’t want to risk a customer backlash such as occurred in Italy recently.
It’s not a matter of ironing. The shirt isn’t even finished yet - not by a long way. And it’s still unclear it would be better than the one we’re already wearing.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 23:51   #673
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

That’s like saying I could be UPS if I had some vans, but I wouldn’t want to risk the customer backlash of not having an integrated international distribution chain.

These things are absolutely essential to the viability (or otherwise) of an exclusively streaming future. Alternative, for meagre pennies, content can continue to be distributed along satellite/cable for those who want it and streaming for those who prefer that. Or in practice a combination for all users who feel far less strongly than you do and want a quality experience. Which at the top end of the market you have to deliver.
Old 06-12-2021, 20:10   #674
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Have just watched Wolves v Burnley from last week's Prime round.

Now watching Leeds v Brentford from early morning showing of yesterday's game on Sky PL.

The difference in PQ is staggering (Leeds game is better standard of football as well)

Whilst it is nice to have all the games available Sky is currently winning hands down over Prime - watching one after the other makes me appreciate how poor the PQ is on Prime.
Old 06-12-2021, 20:19   #675
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the rough

FX Unifies Branding Across All Platforms, Drops ‘FX On Hulu’ Moniker As It Ramps Up Output & Goes Global

Quote:
FX is joining National Geographic as a singular brand across linear and streaming Disney platforms globally. Beginning this month, the “FX on Hulu” branding will be phased out, with FX programming — exclusive originals as well as next-day shows from the FX linear channels and library content
https://deadline.com/2021/12/fx-unif...ed-1234884658/
TimeLord2018 is online now   Reply With Quote