Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM News Another Price Increase

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

VM News Another Price Increase

Old 17-12-2021, 00:55   #196
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: VM News Another Price Increase

(Some) people might have more choice but ultimately Virgin’s network upgrades have to be funded somehow and this will drive up costs unless they can significantly increase their user base.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-12-2021, 11:00   #197
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I have noticed that the blurb at the end of most ISP's adverts states that there will be "an annual price rise each year".
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2021, 11:39   #198
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
I have noticed that the blurb at the end of most ISP's adverts states that there will be "an annual price rise each year".
Yes, it is becoming the norm unfortunately. One of the reasons I'm not switching to Volt is because my current mobile provider hasn't increased my monthly fee in almost 5 years whereas, at current level of inflation, O2 would increase my bill by 11% in April based on RPI (currently 7.1%) + 3.9%.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2021, 17:55   #199
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
My Tesco deal holds for full 18 months another reason I took it however it's sim only found phone cheaper when bought separately

Last edited by Itshim; 17-12-2021 at 17:58.
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2021, 13:41   #200
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
My Tesco deal holds for full 18 months another reason I took it however it's sim only found phone cheaper when bought separately
That is often the case.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 18:15   #201
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Happy new year, from Virgin Media:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/virgi...ns-uk-25850072

Just seen someone on twitter whose notification email states their bill is increasing by £8.50 per month. Crazy amount, and a reflection of the cost of living crisis facing the country in 2022.
Old 04-01-2022, 18:27   #202
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post

Just seen someone on twitter whose notification email states their bill is increasing by £8.50 per month. Crazy amount, and a reflection of the cost of living crisis facing the country in 2022.
Yep just received the same, although I was told my current price was fixed until the end of the contract which is next January.

Mis-sold so will not be hanging about if they do not honour it.

Last edited by ScottishSteve; 04-01-2022 at 18:33.
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 19:29   #203
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
Yep just received the same, although I was told my current price was fixed until the end of the contract which is next January.

Mis-sold so will not be hanging about if they do not honour it.
It says in the article.

Quote:
Customers on a fixed-price promotion, ie those who are still within the minimum term of their contract, will see their prices rise after their contract ends.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 19:40   #204
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
It says in the article.
It says in my email that it is going up.

I have previously had emails of other increases saying it wont happen till the end of the contract.

The one specifically says 1st March and I can cancel up to 10th Feb
Old 04-01-2022, 20:18   #205
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

It’s not until March.
Old 04-01-2022, 20:33   #206
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

I have just been informed that Virgin Media DO NOT and have not EVER offered fixed prices for the duration of the contract which is a known downright lie.

Notice in so will see if they come back. If not I will switch.
Old 05-01-2022, 15:45   #207
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

This page for Virgin Mobile customers seems a little disingenuous - giving an example using RPI at 2.5% when the most recent rate (November) was almost 3x higher at 7.1%

https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/a...price-increase
Old 05-01-2022, 16:52   #208
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post

Yep same here..
Old 05-01-2022, 17:22   #209
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yep same here..
From what I've seen, the rises seem to be £4.50, £5.75 or £8.50. Presumably for 1, 2 or 3 services respectively.
Old 05-01-2022, 17:32   #210
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Just had my email, £4.50 rise (going up to £63.50) for an almost basic package . . . time to jump ship methinks.

. . . maybe BT broadband only, freeview recorder, netflix, stuff the landline too.
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote