Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of Virgin Media customer service has been:
Excellent- I've never had any problems with them 249 18.91%
Generally OK 315 23.92%
Hit 'n' Miss - about 50/50 273 20.73%
Poor- they normally mess it up 239 18.15%
Awful - never had a useful phonecall to them 241 18.30%
Voters: 1317. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-10-2009, 14:31   #271
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
Now bear this in mind please my husband is a microsoft systems engineer and has been for 25 years.
25 years... WOW!!! That's even before the Microsoft release of NT3.1 which had the very first certified engineers...(no-one realy bothered before then as MS wasn't networked unless of course you used it as a client for netware) Oh wait 1993 was only 16 years ago... WOOPS!!!

And NB himself pointed him towards hear and not their own official forums
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-10-2009, 14:40   #272
Sir John Luke
Inactive

Sir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
25 years... WOW!!! That's even before the Microsoft release of NT3.1 which had the very first certified engineers...(no-one realy bothered before then as MS wasn't networked unless of course you used it as a client for netware) Oh wait 1993 was only 16 years ago... WOOPS!!!

1) Microsoft have been around longer than 25 years - who said anything about 'certified' engineers.
2) Neil Berkett (allegedly) admitted traffic shaping was in place - I think you misread what was posted. I do, however, have serious doubts that it was NB himself - more likely someone in the CEO's office.
Sir John Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 14:43   #273
Seraphina
Inactive

Seraphina is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post

I know for a fact how long my husband has worked in the computer industry. becasue I AM MARRIED TO HIM. and as for the CEO of virgin. he released us from our contact with no more charges.

ADMIN EDIT (Russ) - Watch your tone please.
Seraphina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 23:07   #274
netman
Inactive

netman is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been a Virgin Media customer for four days now. I am going to cancel my contract tomorrow. I have tryed to phone an all four evenings now and have held for 30 to 35 mins at a time and never got through. All I want from them, is to be able to use the moden through a hub or inteligent switch so that I can run four computers on the NET. I have read on the WEB that this is not possible and a router will be required. I can not even get hold of someone at customer support to get one sorted out or get advice. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THEM. The service is utter C**p. Steer clear of them, all of you.
netman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:00   #275
MOOCHY
Inactive

MOOCHY is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been on the V+ with 50mb broadband since August, before that I had the standard set top box with 20mb broadband

Absolutely terrific service, upgrade went to perfection, installation engineer was very proffesional and I've never had any need to contact their technical team.

All in all a top package
MOOCHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 13:12   #276
tdadyslexia
Inactive

Services: Cable Modem 60MB 2 TiVo Box's one, 1TB the other 500GB Plus Phone from NTL
tdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by netman View Post
I have been a Virgin Media customer for four days now. I am going to cancel my contract tomorrow. I have tryed to phone an all four evenings now and have held for 30 to 35 mins at a time and never got through. All I want from them, is to be able to use the moden through a hub or inteligent switch so that I can run four computers on the NET. I have read on the WEB that this is not possible and a router will be required. I can not even get hold of someone at customer support to get one sorted out or get advice. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THEM. The service is utter C**p. Steer clear of them, all of you.
It is not NTL's responsibility for the extra computers you want to connect to the network, you need to go and purchase a Router, plus the cat5e cables as well, to connect the extra computers to the network.
tdadyslexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 14:06   #277
jimboo
Inactive

jimboo is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, i recently lost my job and i asked if my broadband payment could be made a little easier on my pocket. I am currently paying £25.00 per month.

I rang customer services once, £6.00 later my mobile credit had been exhausted! Endless e-mails , all asking me to ring them (no chance) Then , a phone call !! alas , offering me a "free" telephone line. They could not and would not however discuss lowering my bill.

I finally e-mailed Virgin stating that i could get this service from other providers and that i thought they would ring me if, i cancelled my direct debit. Whaddya know? phone rings today, and they will reduce my broadband L payment to £20.00. Some sort of result i suppose.
jimboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 17:17   #278
snowey
Inactive

Services: Virgin media, tv, telephone, cable bb,30mb,mobile, tivo.
snowey is a jewel in the roughsnowey is a jewel in the roughsnowey is a jewel in the roughsnowey is a jewel in the roughsnowey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdadyslexia View Post
It is not NTL's responsibility for the extra computers you want to connect to the network, you need to go and purchase a Router, plus the cat5e cables as well, to connect the extra computers to the network.
I agree,
snowey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 17:20   #279
zing_deleted

I got a mate of mine 10 meg for £10 a month no phone line
Old 06-11-2009, 18:13   #280
jimboo
Inactive

jimboo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
I got a mate of mine 10 meg for £10 a month no phone line
cough , splutter!! how?
jimboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:45   #281
dawouda167
Inactive

dawouda167 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

sky tv::: you can wait ages for someone(human)to answer your call but once your through excellent service virginmedia:::::can get through straight away no probs and its human sky tv::::massive selection of channels plus HD tv great range,pleasant friendly engineers,great service,no threatening letters for missed payments,just reduced service,excellent all round service virginmedia::::::::total crap in my opinion cant wait to cancel and go over to sky completely with multiroom and sky HD::
dawouda167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:47   #282
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

So Virgin sent you a threatening letter because you missed a payment, and that's their fault?

Surely if you hadn't missed the payment you wouldn't have received the letter?

Also, if you've got Virgin at the moment how do you know that Sky won't send you a threatening letter?
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:55   #283
dawouda167
Inactive

dawouda167 is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry rob m but ive missed just one payment and ive missed a couple from sky ,but sky was a bit more civil and i didnt recieve a threating letter from them.i never have!!!!
dawouda167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:05   #284
Rik
cf.mega poster

Services: 1Gbps Broadband
Rik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpack

Ring at 9 in the morning and you will get good customer service. (Wales & Scotland)
Ring at 9 in the evening and it will more than likely bad customer service (India)

Thats from my own personal experience before i get ambushed

Apart from the Indian Call Centre's Virgin Media are FIRST CLASS
Flawless services for years now
Rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:10   #285
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboo View Post
cough , splutter!! how?
called retentions said it used to cost £10 I can not afford £20 so I am leaving they said ok you can have it for 12 months new contract £10 per month and you can upgrade from 2 meg to 10 meg free online.

He couldnt do it online for some reason so a very good egg who posts here sorted his account out got him a tech visit for other probs and got him his upgrade to 10 meg. He is a happy bunny