Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Promote your own website

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion

[Merged] Promote your own website

Old 11-01-2007, 23:23   #661
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia
Re: [Merged] Promote your own website

Quote:
Originally Posted by r00t View Post
Didn't think of that Pia, so thanks for the suggestion.
Now why on earth don't you make your own, you have good ideas and you spot mistakes quickly.
It it a try, and it can take as long as you like to build. Plus if you need any help I'm sure lots of people here would be willing to offer advice.

Thanks again Pia.
I'm a woman aren't i, of course i'm good at nitpicking someone else's work!

I'd like to give it a go, help me learn a bit more about web design etc... but i wouldn't what kind of site i would want which i guess is the main point after all
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2007, 23:47   #662
HH4
Inactive

HH4 is an unknown quantity at this point

<removed>

Please don't provide links to illegal downloads.
HH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2007, 19:16   #663
VSPNET
Inactive

Services: Ment to be NTL 10mb Service
VSPNET is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.vspnet.co.uk

Computer Hardware, Components and Accessories.
VSPNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2007, 23:06   #664
AntiSilence
Inactive

Services: C#/ASP.NET Web Development
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze

My BF2 Clan website

http://www.devils-own.org
AntiSilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2007, 23:57   #665
marky
Inactive

Services: non wife took control
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by r00t View Post
Didn't think of that Pia, so thanks for the suggestion.
Now why on earth don't you make your own, you have good ideas and you spot mistakes quickly.
Dont i know it

Hi Pia
marky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:01   #666
mr_bo
Inactive

Services: V+ | o2 BB
mr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful one

My wife is having a big push on her music career atm so I thought I'd put my ntl webspace to some use.
http://www.carriesearley.co.uk
Comments and feedback appreciated as it's my 1st attempt
mr_bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:28   #667
JediMaster
Inactive

JediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bo View Post
My wife is having a big push on her music career atm so I thought I'd put my ntl webspace to some use.
Nice 1st attempt (I remember my first site & its a great feeling to get into web Design) your site is on the wide side on my screen (most use 1024 x 768 screen) not sure if you get a Scroll Bar on your Screen (Left > Right)

Great Music on site too
JediMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:35   #668
mr_bo
Inactive

Services: V+ | o2 BB
mr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMaster View Post
your site is on the wide side on my screen (most use 1024 x 768 screen) not sure if you get a Scroll Bar on your Screen (Left > Right)
Yeah, it was done on a 1280 x 1024 but I tried to make it more 1024 x 768 friendly without the higher res users having everything bunched up in the corner. Difficult to please everyone but as it gets more visits it does seem 1024 x 768 is more common.

Thx for your comments tho!
mr_bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 15:42   #669
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

my old site:

Damien O'Neill

gotta update it soon

---------- Post added at 15:42 ---------- Previous post was at 15:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bo View Post
Animated gifs should be removed, they are distracting and remind people of the early days of the web. Good first attempt though.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 22:06   #670
Boaz
cf.addict

Boaz is just really niceBoaz is just really niceBoaz is just really niceBoaz is just really niceBoaz is just really niceBoaz is just really nice

New topical discussion website: http://www.thenetaddicts.co.uk

I think the name says it all really.

Some interesting websites in this thread.
Boaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 13:45   #671
zc1
Inactive

Services: ex-NTL 10mb via NTL 250 and Phone
zc1 will become famous soon enoughzc1 will become famous soon enoughzc1 will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Thought I would post my updated site, which is finished but for some Games

It is called Dare U Dating, which is a Free Online Dating site.

Link: http://www.dareudating.com/

Please let me know what you think to it, good or bad.

Regards,
Garry
zc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 15:53   #672
TheCrow
Inactive

Services: NTL BB 2mb NTL Phone NTL Family Pack TV
TheCrow is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to TheCrow Send a message via Yahoo to TheCrow

My first attempt!

http://www.geeky-forums.co.uk

Unfortunately didn't read the details of the hosting i got with the domain name so i'm stuck with a free forum until i can learn how to host one on my own pc using my cables modem.

Anyone who can shed any light on the above i'd be most gratefull!
TheCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 22:16   #673
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrow View Post
Anyone who can shed any light on the above i'd be most gratefull!
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...o+host+website
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 15:12   #674
VSPNET
Inactive

Services: Ment to be NTL 10mb Service
VSPNET is an unknown quantity at this point

I do this website for a fishery in Market Harborough.

Http://www.KingsmillFishery.co.uk

---------- Post added at 15:12 ---------- Previous post was at 15:10 ----------

We also have these websites in the making:

Computer Hardware / Components
http://www.Starboy.co.uk

Northampton Based Internet Cafe
http://www.NetworkStarboy.co.uk
We will have the Internet Cafe up and running within 1 year.
VSPNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 16:36   #675
D_Skids
Inactive

D_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant future

For the boys. Here is my contribution!

http://www.showstunners.com

VSPNET. I am a Northampton guy. Where is the cafe?
D_Skids is offline   Reply With Quote