Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Hub 3 updated

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Hub 3 updated

Old 21-02-2019, 20:54   #46
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Hub 3 updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I haven't
Probably should have said some top tiers.

I'm on 200mbit and i did get the initial email about a 'New Tier Trial' which makes me think it will be an additional tier rather than a free upgrade, but with VM you can never tell.
Old 21-02-2019, 21:02   #47
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I never get emails for stuff like that, I would have trialled it for them and given it a run for its money.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2019, 21:24   #48
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...broadband.html

Sort of has a story.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2019, 01:40   #49
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

On top tier and have had the latest firmware, but I am not on the trial yet.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 19:56   #50
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Got this update overnight, still on 350/20 though.

I did apply for the same trial but didn't get in, doesnt appear to have been expanded to me (yet)
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2019, 10:32   #51
olisun
cf.member

olisun is on a distinguished roadolisun is on a distinguished road

Where do VM advertise their trials?
olisun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2019, 12:36   #52
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by olisun View Post
Where do VM advertise their trials?
They popup on their forum and registered users often get an email.

---------- Post added at 11:36 ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 ----------

Just did a manual reboot of SH3 and i am now on 610, no speed change but as others have reported the upstream Power dBmV is not displayed right with the decimal point in the wrong place.
Old 24-02-2019, 13:26   #53
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

it just takes the piss doesn't it? Every time they release firmware there is a stupid obvious problem with it which they could easily have fixed prior to release.
Old 24-02-2019, 13:28   #54
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
it just takes the piss doesn't it? Every time they release firmware there is a stupid obvious problem with it which they could easily have fixed prior to release.
Absolutely, especially if they beta tested it with users!
Old 24-02-2019, 13:39   #55
General Maximus
Ran Away

I have just done a manual reboot and have got the same as you. No speed increase and stupid bug.
Old 24-02-2019, 18:12   #56
Brunel
Chief Mechanical Engineer

Services: V.M. M. 125 November 6 2018. Finally connected.
Brunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the rough

From V.M.

"We are aware that some customers are seeing the flashing red phone icon on their Hubs.

This is not service affecting and we are hoping that this will be resolved within a week. "
Brunel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2019, 18:28   #57
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

You have to seriously wonder about the people that VM employ to write their software and their beta testers.
Old 24-02-2019, 18:33   #58
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
You have to seriously wonder about the people that VM employ to write their software and their beta testers.
… and maybe their triallists.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2019, 18:55   #59
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Quote from Sephiroth:

… and maybe their triallists.
They are the Beta testers.

If I presented software in that state to my clients I'd be laughed out of town and out of business.
Old 24-02-2019, 19:13   #60
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
They are the Beta testers.

If I presented software in that state to my clients I'd be laughed out of town and out of business.
I wouldn't be surprised if the triallists did report the flashing light fault and the upstream Power error as those faults are so obvious, it's probably a case of it wasn't acted on by VM before it was released to the public as that often happens.