Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky Q Ethernet

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Sky Q Ethernet

Old 09-02-2019, 11:28   #1
Peter729
cf.addict

Peter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about them
Smile Sky Q Ethernet

After reading a number of post I am a little confused about Sky q Ethernet and wonder if someone can assist me.

My Sky Q is being installed in about 10 days time and I would like to use Ethernet to connect the Main and Mini box rather than Wifi, I have the standard Virgin router

So to the questions

Is the Ethernet connection just a single ethernet cable between the main Sky Q box and the Mini Box?

Or

Does the Ethernet connection for both boxes need to come back to the router

Or

Is the Ethernet connection just a single ethernet cable from the Router to the main Sky Q box and the Mini box dasy chained to the Main box (the mini box having no diect connection to the router)

I have an unmanged switch and enough cable for all options but would like to get it installed for the SKY Q installation day
Peter729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2019, 12:12   #2
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star
Re: Sky Q Ethernet

put the sky Q box on your lan (wired, preferably). The sky Q and mini boxes create their own wireless link between themselves.
Old 10-02-2019, 13:00   #3
Peter729
cf.addict

Peter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Sky Q Ethernet

Quote:
Originally Posted by idi banashapan View Post
put the sky Q box on your lan (wired, preferably). The sky Q and mini boxes create their own wireless link between themselves.
Thanks for the reply I think I have worked it out, the ethernet connection to both boxes goes back to the router, I prefer to have a wired solution rather than the WIFI.
Peter729 is offline   Reply With Quote