Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Post-Brexit Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Post-Brexit Thread
Closed Thread

Old 28-06-2016, 19:04   #676
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
To invoke Article 50 Parliament must first revoke the 1972 European Communities Act as that is still law. Invoking Article 50 will start that process and give us plenty of time to do a deal with the EU as to trading.
That would mean the UK going unprepared into negotiations with an EU that has already prepared what it is going to accept or offer.

The new PM will have to research and prepare a number of options so that they can switch options if the EU knocks them back on their first choice.

Remember too that our EU Commissioner, Lord Hall has stepped down as he does not support Brexit so we need a new commissioner but that won't happen until we get a new PM who will have the job of appointing and instructing a new EU Commissioner.

As we only have 2 years to sort things out we need to know right from the start what we want so we can avoid wasting time discussing unnecessary things.

It is going to take a while to get things sorted and organised hence the reluctance to invoke Article 50.
Advertisement
Old 28-06-2016, 19:08   #677
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

BTW I can trace my family tree over 200 years so far.

Last edited by pip08456; 28-06-2016 at 19:09. Reason: typo
Old 28-06-2016, 19:10   #678
RBMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
BTW I can trace my family tree over 200 years so far.
Fascinating, I think mines about the same. As will be most on here.

Old 28-06-2016, 19:11   #679
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Some thoughts here on the likely new Conservative leader Boris Johnson.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/boris-john...115005244.html
Old 28-06-2016, 19:12   #680
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBMark View Post
So you think a Black women's centre that stress's the fact it's for black women is racist? Or any black person that stressed their colour is racist?

You're from a time that is now over, saying you're white English is fine. Move with the times or stay in your out of date state of mind..

But anyway, you called me a racist on a public forum, you're going to have to back it up!!!
So what is different about being White English from Black English?

what has colour of skin to do with anything in this thread ?

Quote:
For the first time ever as a white English man I feel part of a community and it's a community that I won't let go of!
Does that mean Black English man can't be part of that community ?

Are you a dumbass?

Old 28-06-2016, 19:15   #681
RBMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
So what is different about being White English from Black English?

what has colour of skin to do with anything in this thread ?

Does that mean Black English man can't be part of that community ?

Are you a dumbass?

Do you think it means black people cant be part of that community? I've been for brown stew just last week at a black equality centre, it's only £4.50 for brown stew rice and peas.

But yeah community's do and can intergrate, you really are stuck in a time that no longer exists aren't you?

Am I a dumbass? No, but you can think I am if it gives you a feeling of feeling you're better than me. If you don't start understanding the world you live in, you're going to be left behind.

Last edited by RBMark; 28-06-2016 at 19:19.

Old 28-06-2016, 19:26   #682
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Do you think it means black people cant be part of that community? I've been for brown stew just last week at a black equality centre, it's only £4.50 for brown stew rice and peas.

But yeah community's do and can intergrate, you really are stuck in a time that no longer exists aren't you?

Am I a dumbass? No, but you can think I am if it gives you a feeling of feeling you're better than me. If you don't start understanding the world you live in, you're going to be left behind.

Every racist i know say they have a Black friend .

Every Homophobe i know say they have a gay friend

so what is different from being White British to Black British ,there must be a difference because you thought it important enough to mention

Old 28-06-2016, 19:37   #683
RBMark

Quote:
Every racist i know say they have a Black friend .

Every Homophobe i know say they have a gay friend

so what is different from being White British to Black British ,there must be a difference because you thought it important enough to mention

I said I was white English, which I am and it's important to me. Ask a black man if being Black is important to him, I would never be so ignorant to even try to answer that.

But to me being white is important, because it's an important part of my cultural heritage and a massive part of who I am.

But like I said previously, I suspect to haven't yet realised your views are part of a way of thinking that is no longer acceptable.

An as for every racist you know having a black friend and every homophobe you know having a gay friend... I'm not here to judge the kind of people you choose to have as friends or spend time with.

Last edited by RBMark; 28-06-2016 at 19:45.

Old 28-06-2016, 19:49   #684
RizzyKing

British is British skin colour has sod all to do with it and a person's skin colour is no indication of the person. All of this is irrelevant as skin colour has no play in this people of all colours voted for both sides so as I said irrelevant.

Old 28-06-2016, 19:50   #685
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Drop the petty little pops at each other now.
Old 28-06-2016, 19:51   #686
martyh

Quote:
I said I was white English, which I am and it's important to me. Ask a black man if being Black is important to him, I would never be so ignorant to even try to answer that.

But to me being white is important, because it's an important part of my cultural heritage and a massive part of who I am.

But like I said previously, I suspect to haven't yet realised your views are part of a way of thinking that is no longer acceptable.
I'm trying to establish what community you belong to that demands being White English as opposed to just plain English .

Quote:
Ask a black man if being Black is important to him
What views are those then

Old 28-06-2016, 19:53   #687
RBMark

Quote:
I'm trying to establish what community you belong to that demands being White English as opposed to just plain English .

What views are those then
I never said I'm part of a community that demands being white lol, I just said being white is important to me. You seem to be struggling to accept that I find being white an important part of who I am.

An your statement "what views are those then" makes no sense, or are you talking on behalf of the black Comunity?

I'm going to post these comments on the "The voice Online" Facebook page. See how the black community feel.

Last edited by RBMark; 28-06-2016 at 19:58.

Old 28-06-2016, 19:57   #688
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Which part of "drop the petty little pops" do you not understand?
Old 28-06-2016, 20:13   #689
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society

Let's hope that we get some more feedback from the Conservative party in the next few days about how things are progressing about the appointment of the new PM. Quite a few people have already declared their candidature.
Old 28-06-2016, 20:16   #690
martyh

Quote:
Remainers were very clear before the result, even a difference of ONE VOTE would be accepted, remain also said A50 would be triggered the next day, bunch of liars.

Personally the best thing to come out of the referendum (outside of London) is the massive sense of community in England. For the first time ever as a white English man I feel part of a community and it's a community that I won't let go of!

I'm sure everyone here agree it's great that the English finally got a healthy sense of community.
The fact that you are white has no bearing whatsoever on how you should feel about the result and the fact that you even saw fit to mention it means that the colour of your skin is very important to you which is a very bad thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Which part of "drop the petty little pops" do you not understand?
With respect Russ but if the result of the referendum makes RBMark part of a White British community then I worry ,but i will leave it there as per your request

Closed Thread