Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wii HD lead?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Wii HD lead?

Old 28-09-2007, 23:44   #1
daz196
Inactive

Services: Tv size XL Phone 20mb ntl255
daz196 is on a distinguished roaddaz196 is on a distinguished road
Wii HD lead?

Hi,can i get a hd lead for wii to my hd tv?
i only got the lead which came with it,
not sure what its called,
just like to know if i can get a better picture,
there is nothing wrong with the picture,just like to get hd quality
i connect the wii to tv by scart which came with it,
thanks
daz
daz196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-09-2007, 23:49   #2
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: Wii HD lead?

Apparently so

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-Nin...1019712&sr=8-1

But It's not a high def console so I'm not sure how much difference it'll make.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2007, 01:31   #3
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

It's much better

The lead which comes with the Wii is a bog standard composite video lead (yellow RCA phono plug) with a SCART adapter.

Composite is the worst way to connect.

Better than composite is RGB SCART.

And... better than that is component video (red, green, & blue RCA phono plugs). [link in Jefferson's post above]

Although the Wii isn't HD like the 360 or PS3, component still gives a much better picture than composite or RGB SCART, plus if you use component you can set the Wii to 480p (progressive scan), which is better than the standard interlaced picture you would have with composite or RGB SCART.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 21:05   #4
jubbi
Inactive

Services: XL Broardband, XL TV, V+ and extra STB, and standard phone
jubbi will become famous soon enoughjubbi will become famous soon enoughjubbi will become famous soon enough

480P is a massive improvement over the standard interlaced signal that the wii gives out. I've got a set of GAME branded component leads and they give a crisper image than the mad catz lead I was given. They only cost about £15 delivered. I dont know if the official leads are better, but they are only a fiver more.
jubbi is offline   Reply With Quote