Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wii Availability

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Wii Availability

Old 16-11-2007, 13:33   #16
Woolly One
Inactive

Services: 20mb bb - XL TV
Woolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of Quads
Re: Wii Availability

Could always get a PS3 insted?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7095976.stm

I'm not sure if I believe this bit -

Quote:
A spokesman for Nintendo UK denied that the company was witholding supply to boost interest.

"The video games market is a fiercely competitive one and it is not in our interest to withhold stock from anyone," he said.
But this is quite interesting -

Quote:
Microsoft and Nintendo have not released weekly sales figures for their consoles.
I'm just Sooo glad I get ours last month - even though it is wrapped up for Christmas
Woolly One is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-11-2007, 15:53   #17
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quick question... If I buy A Wii from Portugal, will it work in the UK? My sister lives out there and has got her hands on one to send me. Apart from a new plug, will it need anything else?
Does anyone know if the language on screen will be in Portuguese, and if so, can these be changed?

---------- Post added at 15:53 ---------- Previous post was at 15:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
I ordered one from a German company on Ebay for £198 (OK £18 more than the UK price), paid around £20 for delivery, but I have got one for Christmas. Plus is has a two-year warranty instead on the standard one)

But it will only have a European plug I hear you cry? Well they kindly threw in an adapter that covers more than just Europe for free.

Took around a week to arrive and I have tested it and it's working well. Then it was put away until the 25th December...
Bob, did you have to do anything else to it apart from use a plug adaptor? I'm just wondering if the onscreen menus will be in English or a foreign language?
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2007, 18:05   #18
Bob
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Bob has reached the bronze age
Bob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze age

No the first thing you have to do when you switch it on is select your language
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2007, 23:07   #19
superbiatch
Inactive

Services: Sky+, Sky Broadband and Talk
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to superbiatch

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I have to sell the Wii. I am waiting to see if my boss wants to buy it but if not my Nintendo Wii will be for sale tomorrow - PM for details

I have the console with Sports pack and Sonic. Also have extra wiimote and nunchuck.
superbiatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2007, 23:37   #20
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Stick it on eBay... you'll make loads!
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2007, 08:42   #21
superbiatch
Inactive

Services: Sky+, Sky Broadband and Talk
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to superbiatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
They aren't selling for much more than what I paid now, i'd rather sell it local to someone i can meet to cut out all the delivery costs etc.
superbiatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2007, 14:34   #22
IvIaXiIvIuS
Inactive

Services: Sky+ TV 4meg bb Phone
IvIaXiIvIuS is a name known to allIvIaXiIvIuS is a name known to allIvIaXiIvIuS is a name known to allIvIaXiIvIuS is a name known to allIvIaXiIvIuS is a name known to allIvIaXiIvIuS is a name known to allIvIaXiIvIuS is a name known to allIvIaXiIvIuS is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to IvIaXiIvIuS Send a message via Yahoo to IvIaXiIvIuS

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/139050

Just incase folks are still looking..bit pricey though
IvIaXiIvIuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2007, 14:54   #23
zing_deleted

http://www.shopto.com/page.php?page=...codart=WIICO10

here is some with red steel for 209
Old 20-12-2007, 15:45   #24
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I dont think you will. The shortage seems to be over. wii consoles web site were reporting 6 companies the other day with stock. Some without any additional items
Wicked_and_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2007, 16:37   #25
Woolly One
Inactive

Services: 20mb bb - XL TV
Woolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_and_Crazy View Post
I dont think you will. The shortage seems to be over. wii consoles web site were reporting 6 companies the other day with stock. Some without any additional items
The next problem is trying to get hold of an additionional remote!!
Woolly One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2007, 18:12   #26
Tricky
Inactive

Services: $KY+HD - BT Infinity
Tricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful one

Amazon had both wii's at 180 and remotes in last night
check out www.hotukdeals.com as they had some listed
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote