Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The PS4 Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The PS4 Thread
View Poll Results: Will you buy the ps4
Never 25 28.09%
Maybe 22 24.72%
Defo 37 41.57%
No sure 5 5.62%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2013, 20:20   #181
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Re: The PS4 Thread

User replaceable HDD though. Would be nice if the PS4 supports an SSD replacement.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2013, 20:50   #182
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Does the PS3 take SSDs? I know you can use hybrids.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 20:51   #183
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
would imagine so as any drive works as long as it fits in the slot ( few are to thick) would be a waste though imo
Old 01-11-2013, 22:13   #184
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post

I read somewhere the HDD had to be greater than 160GB and SATAII, not sure about SSDs though, although 1 of those would be seriously expensive.

---------- Post added at 22:13 ---------- Previous post was at 22:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
I spose same as the tv stuff it will require a live sub
A topic for the Xbox One thread i guess but live will likely cost £30ish a year so not too bad.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 22:28   #185
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I've moved some posts from here to the Xbox One thread!
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2013, 16:05   #186
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

I guessing a firmware update will resolve this. PS4 doesnt suppoort 3D Blu Ray according to the manual.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/n...ray-discs.html
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2013, 17:59   #187
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Rather odd that neither Next Gen console will play 3D Blu Rays from the get go!

Bit odd that TBH. I use my PS3 for Blu Rays a lot and also 3D. If I got either new console I would need to keep my PS3 so I could continue to watch my full movie collection.

I know there will probably be updates to rectify ths but why they can't do 3D from launch is a bit strange.
Old 13-11-2013, 23:49   #188
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

For everyone here getting a PS4 the reviews are starting to filter in, 1 of the surprising things i picked up on though is NO 5ghz wireless support.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/11...ystem-reviews/
Old 14-11-2013, 00:14   #189
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Those reviews will be on pre-release OS though so the lack of 802.11n might not be the case for the RTM consoles.

The biggest problem with the PS4 is actually that the launch titles aren't exactly stellar so it's probably not worth buying one for another 6-12 months, in fact you could say the same about the Xbox One unless you really want Forza 5 which looks like a bit of a con.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 00:26   #190
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

News just in COD: Ghosts campaign actually runs at 720p out of the box. It will need a day one patch to enable 1080p for single player.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-ps4-campaign/

Also it is possible to install an SSD to the PS4. Video walkthrough and test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8_nt2Dwf78
Old 14-11-2013, 00:47   #191
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I can't see the point of installing an ssd, surely it would cost far to much so not worth it.
Old 14-11-2013, 00:53   #192
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Its faster? maybe in time when they get cheaper though.

Really don't like the UI of the PS4.
Old 14-11-2013, 01:05   #193
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Yes it is faster but it would cost way too much for years, I also heard the interface was sata2 only, I think the X1 is to.
Old 14-11-2013, 11:23   #194
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

There appears to be alot of early reports of people having bricked PS4s, lets hope it isn't as bad as it seems.
Old 14-11-2013, 23:02   #195
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Had a shot of a PS4 today in Game. Contoller was great but really don't like the UI.

Also only demos were Knack and Fifa. Neither sold the system to me.