Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The UFC thread.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The UFC thread.

Old 18-10-2008, 10:38   #46
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: The UFC thread.

Perhaps we'd best not get into that eh??
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-10-2008, 11:13   #47
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Well Bisping won at a canter and certainly taught Chris Leben a lesson in tactics.

Thought the Chris Lytle v. Paul Taylor fight was awesome and very close even though the final decision was unanimous. Taylor took a lot of good shots but looked a lot fresher than Lytle at the end. He looks a good prospect.

Luiz Cane v. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou was another intersting bout - Sokoudjou looked really impressive until he was caught with a punch and stopped shortly thereafter.

Keith Jardine wasn't his normal self in beating Brandon Vera but he got caught with a nasty kick to his previously injured left knee early on which clearly affected him.
Old 19-10-2008, 11:42   #48
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Well Bisping won at a canter and certainly taught Chris Leben a lesson in tactics.

Thought the Chris Lytle v. Paul Taylor fight was awesome and very close even though the final decision was unanimous. Taylor took a lot of good shots but looked a lot fresher than Lytle at the end. He looks a good prospect.

Luiz Cane v. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou was another intersting bout - Sokoudjou looked really impressive until he was caught with a punch and stopped shortly thereafter.

Keith Jardine wasn't his normal self in beating Brandon Vera but he got caught with a nasty kick to his previously injured left knee early on which clearly affected him.
bisping was great! had a bet with my best mate (who was actually there last night) that he would win!!! he was not impressed that I was right!! I am a complete novice after all!!

Sokou was pretty cool! thought he was doing reallyh well until the end when it went a bit downhill!
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2008, 12:38   #49
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

At last night's weigh-in, Couture was 220lb, Lesnar was 265lb

Couture had better rely on his experience because Lesnar has got the edge in everything else. If they end up on the floor and Lesnar is on top....it ain't gonna be pretty.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2008, 14:09   #50
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Size ain't everything

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hHKdoVTpLYY

What Lesnar has in presence, The Natural will at least match it in technique. My money's on Couture.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2008, 16:35   #51
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky View Post
Size ain't everything

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hHKdoVTpLYY

What Lesnar has in presence, The Natural will at least match it in technique. My money's on Couture.

It's not just size, it's weight and youth. Lesnar isn't bad with technique either, he has an accomplished amateur wrestling background.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 16-11-2008, 08:50   #52
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Result from last night...

Spoiler: 
Yes!!! Lesnar rocks! Second round, ref stops the contest.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 16-11-2008, 10:26   #53
Charlie_Bubble
Inactive

Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age
Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age

Oh, thought this was a thread on Ukrainian Fried Chicken.... which I have yet to taste!
Charlie_Bubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2008, 12:31   #54
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Spoiler: 
Great fight. I am gutted for Couture, but you have to hand it to Brock. He was the better man and showed a lot of technique. Couture certainly took a lot of abuse.

Is it just me or did the ref let the pounding go on almost for ever? Seemed like it anyway.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2008, 12:35   #55
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

I love the way the announcer is wearing bunny ears for that pic.

Yeah it did go on a bit but if he cut it short then he'd get heat for it, I'm guessing he tried to let go on for as long as possible without creating a disappointment. Didn't really change the outcome though.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 17-11-2008, 15:47   #56
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

I cannot help but feel the weight difference was a massive disadvantage.
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2008, 19:09   #57
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

When Brock got him down and started pounding on his head with those hammer strikes, he hit Couture 40 times straight, one after the other

What was the ref waiting for, a sign from Heaven?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 18-11-2008, 22:16   #58
Osem
Inactive

Brock Lesnar was always going to win this one. Couture at his peak would've had a hard time living with him.

I think I've won a bet somewhere........

My eldest and I were at a karate competition at the weekend. The weight categories were OK except for the fact that the top category was above 55kg which meant there was a massive difference between some of the fighters in that single category.
Old 19-11-2008, 08:51   #59
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Just found this, don't know how long it'll be there for...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jBjnxWz0jPY

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 19-11-2008, 10:31   #60
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Brock Lesnar was always going to win this one. Couture at his peak would've had a hard time living with him.

I think I've won a bet somewhere........

My eldest and I were at a karate competition at the weekend. The weight categories were OK except for the fact that the top category was above 55kg which meant there was a massive difference between some of the fighters in that single category.
Yes you won the bet!! I will make a donation to a charity.

When its heavy weight fights is there no limit to your weight?

As for the hammer fisting I have seen fighter recover hence the reason the reff did not stop it.
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote