Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Scottish Football Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Scottish Football Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 22:42   #301
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Re: The Scottish Football Thread

Damien, sorry mate but you are wrong, l was told by my family who are mad on Celtic, that they are the richest club in the world, and that the chairman wont spend any money.

No matter what league they are in, its down to the club to invest the money they have into new players and a new manager.

I am a Spurs fan but supported Celtic for many years, but you need a Manager that will bring in players that will play for the shirt, l remember the best player that Celtic had in Johnstone, he was a wizard on the ball and made them tick. Celtic don't have that, and that's what they need.

Lennon is just not tough enough and he will not go to the board and say l need players.

It doesn't matter how much Tv money they get, if the club have money then they should spend it. and they have to bring in players.

Tonight they were outplayed totally by a giant in football, l said before the game that they would get slaughtered - and they did - sorry Celtic fans
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2013, 22:43   #302
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Lucky. Very lucky indeed to get to the next round. Lennon has a shocking record in big games.
Hellish record Neil has got:

*Overall record: P-130 W-95 (73%) D-16 (12%) L-19 (15%) F-275 (2.12 goals scored per game) A-93 (0.72 goals conceded per game) GD +182

*70 clean sheets in 130 games (54%)

*Celtic Park record: P-59 W-48 (81%) D-8 (14%) L-3 (5%)

*Away record: P-63 W-43 (68%) D-8 (13%) L-12 (19%)

*Hampden record: P-8 W-4 (50%) D-0 (0%) L-4 (50%)

*Record against the recently deceased: P-12 W-6 (50%) D-2 (17%) L-4 (33%)

*Overall SPL record: P-92 W-72 (78%) D-10 (11%) L-10 (11%) 226/276 points (82%)

*Overall European record: P-18 W-8 (44%) D-5 (28%) L-5 (28%)

*Overall Scottish Cup record: P-11 W-8 (73%) D-1 (9%) L-2 (18%)

*Overall CIS Cup record: P-9 W-7 (78%) D-0 (0%) L-2 (22%)

How's that big adventure with Swally McCoist going Deek?
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 22:46   #303
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Damien, sorry mate but you are wrong, l was told by my family who are mad on Celtic, that they are the richest club in the world, and that the chairman wont spend any money.
I was told by my mate that Arsenal are after Messi and have signed an agreement to bring him in during the summer.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 22:47   #304
LondonRoad
Inactive

LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:

No matter what league they are in, its down to the club to invest the money they have into new players and a new manager.

I am a Spurs fan but supported Celtic for many years, but you need a Manager that will bring in players that will play for the shirt, l remember the best player that Celtic had in Johnstone, he was a wizard on the ball and made them tick. Celtic don't have that, and that's what they need.

Lennon is just not tough enough and he will not go to the board and say l need players.

It doesn't matter how much Tv money they get, if the club have money then they should spend it. and they have to bring in players.

Tonight they were outplayed totally by a giant in football, l said before the game that they would get slaughtered - and they did - sorry Celtic fans
Celtic's accounts are available on the web. They live, only just!, within their means.

I'm sure if you google bankrupt clubs you will find many examples of irresponsible football club management.
Old 12-02-2013, 22:52   #305
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Not reading the posts from the usual bitter idiots who have nothing to shout about or look forward to. We really really didn't deserve that tonight, we more than held our own, two shocking mistakes. Ah well will take champions and last 16 every year. What have you deluded gloaters got to look forward to? Everything very positive about Celtic, never been in better shape, fact.

Advise some people to check out the tweets from Michael Owen and Balotteli about tonight's game and Celtic and refs performance.
Old 12-02-2013, 23:41   #306
LondonRoad
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
Not reading the posts from the usual bitter idiots who have nothing to shout about or look forward to. We really really didn't deserve that tonight, we more than held our own, two shocking mistakes. Ah well will take champions and last 16 every year. What have you deluded gloaters got to look forward to? Everything very positive about Celtic, never been in better shape, fact.

Advise some people to check out the tweets from Michael Owen and Balotteli about tonight's game and Celtic and refs performance.
Henke I'm hurting with you but remember what the Celtic way is. Jock Stein had the Lisbon Lions beleieving that they had to play against 12 men, the 12th being the referee.

We don't have to face the familiar. domestic ..... erm honest mistakes , in UEFA competitions, but the players should have that mentality.
Young team, expect mistakes... much to look forward to.

Hail Hail

We don't care if we win, lose or draw,
Darn the hell do we care,
For we only know that there's going to be a show,
And the Glasgow Celtic will be there
Old 13-02-2013, 06:02   #307
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Not down at all mate Been a great season. Didn't expect to get this far or to get through the tie, very angry about Juve's antics though, which ref exacerbated. Thought we played well for 70 mins and deserved a draw.

Hail Hail mate!

In saying that I am down about the fact it's snowing and I'm heading to work in 10 mins
Old 13-02-2013, 06:39   #308
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Celtc FC. Always cheated. Never defeated since 1888, err 1887, err whenever.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 12:39   #309
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

London Road, Well l was told differenty to that, I was told that along with Celtic they are on par financially with Man Utd.

Dont get me wrong the whole system on Scottish football is wrong, clubs will not be able to survive without the TV money, only Celtic and Rangers would survive, I cannot beleive for one minute that Celtic could not go out and buy a decent player tomorrow.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 13:24   #310
Pog66
Inactive

Services: SKY HD+, BT BB
Pog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant future

Quote:
London Road, Well l was told differenty to that, I was told that along with Celtic they are on par financially with Man Utd.
Celtic
Quote:
The preliminary results for the year ended June 30, 2012, showed a decline in turnover to £51.34m, an increase in operating expenses of £1.93m and an overall loss in the period of £7.37m against a very slight profit the year before. The level of debt has risen from £0.53m in June 2011 to £2.77m in June 2012.
Not entirely conclusive to a massive spending spree on new players (unless you get 'Arry in as a new boss)
Pog66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 18:53   #311
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Former Juve striker Gianluca Vialli quoted as saying Celtic were unfortunate not to have been awarded penalties last night. We would not have got through this tie but that was the worst I've ever seen at a football match.

Will be over it tomorrow, maybe
Old 13-02-2013, 23:17   #312
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Former Juve striker Gianluca Vialli quoted as saying Celtic were unfortunate not to have been awarded penalties last night. We would not have got through this tie but that was the worst I've ever seen at a football match.

Will be over it tomorrow, maybe
I think most open and honest football fans would agree that the antics of some Juve players at set pieces was shocking. The ref was not strong enough at all. If the ref doesn't step in, the players certainly won't stop what they are doing.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 07:50   #313
LondonRoad
Inactive

Quote:
that was the worst I've ever seen at a football match.
Atletico Madrid, EC Semi Final, Celtic Park, 1974. Juve aren't in the same Cheating spectrum as the Spaniards were that night.

They came to kick and maim and kick and maim they did. At least the referee eventually found the red card in his pocket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDElMvVdOK4
Old 14-02-2013, 07:58   #314
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRoad View Post
Atletico Madrid, EC Semi Final, Celtic Park, 1974. Juve aren't in the same Cheating spectrum as the Spaniards were that night.

They came to kick and maim and kick and maim they did. At least the referee eventually found the red card in his pocket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDElMvVdOK4
Not old enough for that one mate
Old 14-02-2013, 08:45   #315
LondonRoad
Inactive

Quote:
Not old enough for that one mate
Lucky git