Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 25-08-2018, 22:37   #5116
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

2036 Origin Unknown: 0/10
Whatever you do don't waste 1hr 30 mins of your life on it

Patient Zero
: 3/10
On par with World War Z for production quality and the story is full of plot holes. The only thing which stopped me from turning it off half way through was that Natalie Dormer is in it.

I understand that actors who we have never heard of are just grateful for the work and $$$ but I don't understand how people like Stanley Tucci read the script and think "I really want to be in this movie!"
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2018, 21:52   #5117
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

Oceans Eight.
7/10
Not bad, not great.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 22:19   #5118
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I wasnt impressed. It had all the ingredients and followed the same formula as the other Oceans movies but something was missing. There just didnt feel like there was any chemistry between the characters and it didnt really matter who they were or where they came from. The Ghostbusters film was the same.

Let this be a lesson that politically correct forced all female cast for the sake of it films dont work and we dont need a female Avengers film to screw things up.
Old 04-09-2018, 14:56   #5119
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Let this be a lesson that politically correct forced all female cast for the sake of it films dont work and we dont need a female Avengers film to screw things up.
A female Avengers film would just be a film combining existing female heroes from the Marvel Universe so it wouldn't be quite the same thing.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 15:24   #5120
General Maximus
Ran Away

I know and as much as i would love to see loads of evangeline lilly, zoe zaldana and scarlett johannson all in the same film there would neex to be a very compelling and plausable story line and reason for bringing them together like that. I actually think Marvel would top a cracking job and make sure it is done properly but i still cringe and think it isnt worth the risk. If it went wrong then that would be it. It would be the big stain on the MCU that cannot be removed.
Old 04-09-2018, 15:35   #5121
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Yeah I can't think of a reason to bring them together. I think a Black Widow film and maybe have characters like Shuri take a bigger role in Black Panther 2.
Old 04-09-2018, 15:48   #5122
General Maximus
Ran Away

They are making a Black Widow film as part of phase 4.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:15   #5123
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
They are making a Black Widow film as part of phase 4.
It's odd that it's taken until next year's release of Captain Marvel for them to have a female-led film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:31   #5124
General Maximus
Ran Away

Yeah, i think a Black Widow film would have gone down a treat any time after Avengers 1.
Old 12-09-2018, 00:40   #5125
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I last watched THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER (1990) on VHS (Recorded from analogue cable)

10/10
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2018, 19:40   #5126
General Maximus
Ran Away

The Predator (2018): 4/10

Okay, so from a positive point of view they tie it in with the narrative from the previous movies and it sort of follows on from there and it finishes on the same note which makes the plot line for any future movies very interesting (and also potentially stupid and OTT).

The problem with this is that it just wasn't serious enough; it is like watching The A-team but with a predator in it. It tries to be too light hearted and humorous from start to finish and it just doesn't work. There are a couple of really funny jokes which I properly laughed at but they were in the right moment when everyone was chilling, relaxed and not in mortal danger. There are too many things which don't make sense and are unrealistic such as hardcore science babe drafted in from University magically becomes a master weapons handler, kicks ass and somehow manages to keep up (on foot) with a spaceship that takes off and subsequently crashes many miles away yet as it crashes, she is there on the ground waiting for it. Other little things which niggled at me were the many many kills the predator racks up and you see loads of blood, weapons noises and something shooting out of his arm but you are left thinking "what was that, what just happened and how did he actually kill them" because you just see heads falling off bodies.

Definitely not worth spending money to see at the cinema and is very much on par with Geostorm in terms of the calibre of the film if you would like something to compare it with. It is more pants than it is good.
Old 15-09-2018, 20:29   #5127
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Don't slate geostorm lol. I've watched it a couple of times and do enjoy it. Yes it's a bit silly but it's at least entertaining.

Have been expecting Predator to be bad.
Old 15-09-2018, 23:24   #5128
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Destination Wedding.

Keane Reeves and Winona Ryder - very gentle, slow moving, acerbic, and funny film.

Really enjoyed it, and snorted red wine out of my nose at one point - not what I was expecting, but very glad we watched it.

180 degrees from John Wick.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2018, 11:35   #5129
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

The Predator - 6/10

Not as bad as I was expecting, relatively enjoyable and a few good laughs and some references to the previous films.

There are a few dreadful plot holes and somethings that just don't make sense. I am guessing this comes from the heavy reshoots and different edits the film went through. Check the trailers and there is some scenes blatently different or not in the film at all.

Best thing is to disengage your brain and have fun.
Old 20-09-2018, 07:32   #5130
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
Have been expecting Predator to be bad.
Seems like everything they come out with now is bad huh mate?? (I love the first 1987 movie with the terminator in it)

Kinda sad......

I last watched THE PRINCIPAL (1987) on VHS

10/10

I think this is James BEST movie.....
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote