Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Deleted Recordings

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Deleted Recordings

Old 10-11-2018, 11:56   #1
chrispy2000
cf.addict

Services: Maxit,V6, BB 100Mb, Virgin Mobile
chrispy2000 is on a distinguished roadchrispy2000 is on a distinguished road
Deleted Recordings

I have just recovered a recording I had deleted and I noticed something strange. When I went to the recently deleted page, the page had 493 deleted programs. The thing is apart from one or two programs which I had recorded they were programs I have never watch or recorded.
Is this normal?
chrispy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2018, 12:11   #2
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Deleted Recordings

I think most of them are hiccups that weren't actually recorded as they were duplicate transmissions or whatever.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:20   #3
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Are they TiVo suggestions that the box has recorded then deleted through lack of space?
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:53   #4
chrispy2000
cf.addict

I recovered one of the recording and it went in to my shows. It had the record symbol but also had a hour glass symbol, and it played.
I don't see why it would be duplicates has they are I programs I have never watched.
Regarding lack of space it says I have only used 2%.
Old 11-11-2018, 13:22   #5
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I noticed in my hiccups are programmes that I have set to record but are not the latest series of that program or are the repeat.
Old 11-11-2018, 14:36   #6
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

When something is deleted/removed from "My Shows" it moves to "Recently Deleted Recordings", where it remains until you "permanently delete" it manually or the system deletes it because of lack of space. Nothing to do with suggestions or recording hiccups.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 16:17   #7
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
When something is deleted/removed from "My Shows" it moves to "Recently Deleted Recordings", where it remains until you "permanently delete" it manually or the system deletes it because of lack of space. Nothing to do with suggestions or recording hiccups.

Original post made it very clear that the deleted recordings included ones they hadn't recorded in the first place, hence my suggestions
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 16:25   #8
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Original post made it very clear that the deleted recordings included ones they hadn't recorded in the first place, hence my suggestions
I think you were right, Raider. The box automatically records suggestions and the deletes them according to the space left on the hard drive. So when it does that, those programmes appear with your other recordings that you deleted.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2018, 07:57   #9
chrispy2000
cf.addict

It seems Raider999 was partly right. They were suggestions hopefully turned that off
Help & Settings from the main menu. Settings, Recordings, Suggestions changed setting to off.
Can't under stand why they record then delete. Can't be because of space has have used only 2%.

Thanks All
Old 19-11-2018, 09:28   #10
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispy2000 View Post
Can't under stand why they record then delete. Can't be because of space has have used only 2%.
It only keeps 50 Suggestions at a time.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2018, 15:27   #11
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Randomly recently I was going through my deleted items folder to see how far it went back. It was generally as expected for all but the last 4 entries, being back to the past 5-6weeks worth. And then at the bottom of the list, 4 programs from March this year. I deleted those manually...
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote