Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Please document any V6 issues here.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Please document any V6 issues here.

Old 04-02-2017, 12:14   #136
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold
Re: Please document any V6 issues here.

On Thursday I had my old TiVos swapped out for a pair of shiny new V6s. Everything seems to be working well and I'm generally pleased with the new boxes. Over the next week I will be exploring their capabilities.

I managed to transfer my series links using the TV Anywhere page http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/tivo/boxswap/. However, I am finding it impossible to transfer my wish-lists. I have now tried three times and each time was pleased to see the message that I was successful and my request would take about 30 minutes to take effect - except that nothing happens and my new boxes remain wish-list-less.

Does anyone know how I can transfer my wish-lists to my new V6s? Help appreciated.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2017, 12:45   #137
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
On Thursday I had my old TiVos swapped out for a pair of shiny new V6s. Everything seems to be working well and I'm generally pleased with the new boxes. Over the next week I will be exploring their capabilities.

I managed to transfer my series links using the TV Anywhere page http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/tivo/boxswap/. However, I am finding it impossible to transfer my wish-lists. I have now tried three times and each time was pleased to see the message that I was successful and my request would take about 30 minutes to take effect - except that nothing happens and my new boxes remain wish-list-less.

Does anyone know how I can transfer my wish-lists to my new V6s? Help appreciated.
They transfer over with the series links. If you look in the manage series links (I think it's called that) they should be listed in there.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 13:33   #138
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
They transfer over with the series links. If you look in the manage series links (I think it's called that) they should be listed in there.
The only things in my Series Link + list are my series links. They all copied over from my former TiVo without problem. No sign at all of my wish-lists, which are almost exclusively film directors, either there or where they should be in Wish-lists.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 13:55   #139
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
The only things in my Series Link + list are my series links. They all copied over from my former TiVo without problem. No sign at all of my wish-lists, which are almost exclusively film directors, either there or where they should be in Wish-lists.
Well they definitely transfer over with the series links. Not sure what to suggest.

Last edited by Mythica; 04-02-2017 at 14:12.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 22:07   #140
Helix
cf.addict

Services: Full House Bundle with Tivo V6
Helix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really nice

Has anyone had any issues with the mini guide being really slow and unresponsive? Even slower than the old Tivo. The rest of the box is still really fast (including the full guide) and the mini guide hasn't always been this slow. It started after I came home from work and found the box stuck at 16% loading channel information, I waited an hour and it was still stuck so I rebooted and that let me watch TV again but the mini guide has been slow ever since. I have tried rebooting again but no difference.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:33   #141
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix View Post
Has anyone had any issues with the mini guide being really slow and unresponsive? Even slower than the old Tivo. The rest of the box is still really fast (including the full guide) and the mini guide hasn't always been this slow. It started after I came home from work and found the box stuck at 16% loading channel information, I waited an hour and it was still stuck so I rebooted and that let me watch TV again but the mini guide has been slow ever since. I have tried rebooting again but no difference.
I had this but resolved it with a full reboot. No problems since.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 14:41   #142
TAZMANUK
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt Package, V6, 1 gig bb, WiFi max 2 pods, maxit TV, anytime chatter
TAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to TAZMANUK

Is the V6 box usb live to connect and charge a phone i heard that someone said it was live another said it wasnt
TAZMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 06:21   #143
i am not scouse
cf.member

Services: 65"Samsung 4k tv. X2 v6 x3tivo's 200mb bb and a phone line I don't use.
i am not scouse is on a distinguished roadi am not scouse is on a distinguished road

Sorry if this has already been asked but is there an known issue were one v6 (the one on wifi) keeps dropping it's connection. Mine has done it about 4 times now
i am not scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 07:40   #144
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am not scouse View Post
Sorry if this has already been asked but is there an known issue were one v6 (the one on wifi) keeps dropping it's connection. Mine has done it about 4 times now
I had this problem. It appears that my superhub was set to 2.4g when it should have been 5g. Ring Customer Services, they should be able to get that sorted out for you.

My two wifi connected boxes work just fine now.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 08:01   #145
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

I have just one problem, The virgin tv anywhere(Ipad / App Version: 4.0) app says the box stopped responding restarting the app resolve the problem. Does anyone have a more long term fix for this.

Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 08:06   #146
i am not scouse
cf.member

Services: 65"Samsung 4k tv. X2 v6 x3tivo's 200mb bb and a phone line I don't use.
i am not scouse is on a distinguished roadi am not scouse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I had this problem. It appears that my superhub was set to 2.4g when it should have been 5g. Ring Customer Services, they should be able to get that sorted out for you.

My two wifi connected boxes work just fine now.
Thanks for the reply old boy. Would that work for the SH3 as I thought you could not pick and it just assigned what ever was best. I've tried searching for 2.4 and 5 using wifi on my phone and only get my SH3 no other options
Old 07-02-2017, 08:43   #147
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am not scouse View Post
Thanks for the reply old boy. Would that work for the SH3 as I thought you could not pick and it just assigned what ever was best. I've tried searching for 2.4 and 5 using wifi on my phone and only get my SH3 no other options
If you go into the SH3 settings you can rename the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks so you can select them separately.

Not that switching to 5GHz is guaranteed to fix it for you. That depends on the signal issues you are experiencing. But it's a good place to start.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 10:14   #148
Barriescott
cf.member

Barriescott is an unknown quantity at this point

I renamed the 2.4 signal and I found it solved my issues
Barriescott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 10:31   #149
i am not scouse
cf.member

Thanks all I'll try that tonight
Old 08-02-2017, 14:48   #150
OLDGOLD
cf.addict

OLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enough

A couple of times I've had my v6 cutting out - the screen goes blank and sound goes off for a second or half a second, then comes back on. This keeps happening in fairly quick succession (I tried uploading a video showing it happening, but the upload kept erroring.)

The first time this happened it seemed to stop after I switched the box to standby and back on again. The second time I had to reboot the box.

Is this a known issue?
OLDGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote