Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Mobile increases Monthly Tariffs

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Mobile increases Monthly Tariffs

Old 12-06-2014, 12:38   #1
007stuart
cf.addict

Services: TIVO V6 Meg Service TV XL Virgin Phone Home & Mobile My wife says I have too many SONOS units
007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute
Virgin Mobile increases Monthly Tariffs

Just received letter from Virgin Mobile notifying of a 2.5% increase from 22 July on my Galaxy S3 contract. Is this grounds for cancellation of my contract?
007stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2014, 12:45   #2
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: Virgin Mobile increases Monthly Tariffs

I too received this letter today and have just renewed my contract and got a new mobile this was done only last week and was told nothing about the price increase. TBH I don't think it's that much of a big deal as it is still the best price for the tariff I receive even with the price increase.
£10.00 bill will go up to £10.25 and a £20.00 bill will go up to £20.50, I still believe I'm getting a superb deal with VM mobile.
I don't know if this is grounds to cancellation of your contract? but I'm sure someone will be able to answer your question.
Old 12-06-2014, 13:25   #3
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007stuart View Post
Just received letter from Virgin Mobile notifying of a 2.5% increase from 22 July on my Galaxy S3 contract. Is this grounds for cancellation of my contract?
The increases apply to contracts from before the 22nd of January. The terms stated that you can only cancel without penalty if the change is 'significant' i.e. more than the RPI, which this change isn't. So you can't cancel without penalty:

http://store.virginmedia.com/the-leg...service.html#5

5.3 Significant changes: We will notify you at least one month in advance of any change coming into effect that (in our reasonable opinion):
(a) where you joined or renewed your contract on or before 22nd January 2014, will increase the monthly or other periodic Charges for your Contract Allowance by an amount which is more than the percentage increase in the previous twelve month period in the Retail Prices Index (or any future equivalent) published by the Office for National Statistics; or

(b) where you joined or renewed your contract on or after 23rd January 2014, will increase the monthly or other periodic Charges for your Contract Allowance
Old 12-06-2014, 16:42   #4
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

I got a letter saying the new price increase and I only renewed my contract last week so does mean it was meant for the old contract and not the new one?
Old 12-06-2014, 16:50   #5
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Not had a letter, contract started on November 2013. So I will be included in this rise.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 18:19   #6
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

That 2 price rises in a year,existing customers footing the bill for the cheap sim only deals in the new bundles
howardmicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2014, 08:41   #7
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
That 2 price rises in a year,existing customers footing the bill for the cheap sim only deals in the new bundles
The Mobile price increase last year happened on the 22nd July. The Mobile price change this year is on the 22nd of July.

How is that 2 price rises in a year?

Also anyone who started a new contract after the 23rd of January this year isn't included in this price change.
Old 13-06-2014, 12:25   #8
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
The Mobile price increase last year happened on the 22nd July. The Mobile price change this year is on the 22nd of July.

Also anyone who started a new contract after the 23rd of January this year isn't included in this price change.
So have I to assume from this they will be a price rise every year now ?? Only company that does just that last year when I complained was told. That's its the first time in 3 years prices had gone up
Old 13-06-2014, 17:42   #9
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

O2 and EE now incorporate a price rise every year into your contract, VM broadband has been similar for many years.

That said you could try wrangling it if RPI drops below 2.5% this month or next. VM have deliberately set the price rise as much as they are allowed - exactly equal to the RPI figure for *April* which is the most recent figure. However the contract says the price rise must be equal or lower than RPI for the previous twelve months. If the RPI drops below 2.5% between now and the time the price rise takes effect then you could potentially have an argument.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2014, 19:18   #10
howardmicks
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
O2 and EE now incorporate a price rise every year into your contract, VM broadband has been similar for many years.

That said you could try wrangling it if RPI drops below 2.5% this month or next. VM have deliberately set the price rise as much as they are allowed - exactly equal to the RPI figure for *April* which is the most recent figure. However the contract says the price rise must be equal or lower than RPI for the previous twelve months. If the RPI drops below 2.5% between now and the time the price rise takes effect then you could potentially have an argument.
thanks for the info i didnt know that i have 3 contract mobys with vm at min all expire early next year and at min planning on moving to 3 far better deals and no caps on bb
Old 13-06-2014, 19:20   #11
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post

how is it any more? it is 366 days one in four years have 366 days
Old 13-06-2014, 20:09   #12
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
how is it any more? it is 366 days one in four years have 366 days
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2014, 20:13   #13
007stuart
cf.addict

Services: TIVO V6 Meg Service TV XL Virgin Phone Home & Mobile My wife says I have too many SONOS units
007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post

A date for the diary 17/6/2014, May RPI is out, if it's under April's 2.5% then a letter of cancellation to VM is possible.
Old 13-06-2014, 21:12   #14
howardmicks
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007stuart View Post
A date for the diary 17/6/2014, May RPI is out, if it's under April's 2.5% then a letter of cancellation to VM is possible.
Where do you find rpi
Old 14-06-2014, 08:31   #15
007stuart
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
Where do you find rpi
The BBC News Business website will have it