Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Uddingston ML5 2 Upstream Channels

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Uddingston ML5 2 Upstream Channels

Old 04-02-2015, 21:41   #316
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold
Re: Uddingston ML5 2 Upstream Channels

Virgin Media have started sending out email for people in Uddingston to upgrad

And look from 31th of january my speed is getting slower

152-uddi-22.PNG
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2015, 09:34   #317
DABhand
Inactive

DABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of light

Uddingston is run by the PG Tips Monkeys.... You have no idea the problems I have faced over the last 6 years, it is almost laughable.

But I am on a good deal for my package, very good deal. So can't grumble too much.

But keep getting t3s now and again, which is a bit annoying, and some RS errors on 2 channels more than the rest which may very well be the result of the t3s. Not in the millions like years ago... damn that was a bad bad time.

But the best ever CSR was this lady 2 years ago... who told me my 250GB download for the month was excessive... I almost fell of my seat. You would think they would be trained to know excessive limits.
DABhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:36   #318
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DABhand View Post
But the best ever CSR was this lady 2 years ago... who told me my 250GB download for the month was excessive... I almost fell of my seat. You would think they would be trained to know excessive limits.
It would've been well over 5 times the average usage so a fair chunk of bandwidth.

---------- Post added at 09:36 ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 ----------

Quote:
Uddingston is run by the PG Tips Monkeys.... You have no idea the problems I have faced over the last 6 years, it is almost laughable.

But I am on a good deal for my package, very good deal. So can't grumble too much.
Pay peanuts...
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 19:48   #319
DABhand
Inactive

DABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of light

250GB the last 4 years is nothing, considering the avg game size (AAA) was around 9GB anyway, and then you have Netflix etc for streaming stuff.

So yeah 250GB is easily done.
Old 05-02-2015, 20:30   #320
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
250GB the last 4 years is nothing, considering the avg game size (AAA) was around 9GB anyway, and then you have Netflix etc for streaming stuff.

So yeah 250GB is easily done.
It's still 2.5 times the average usage and back then as I mentioned was upwards of 5 times the average, easily done or not.

Put it into the context of Joe Average user rather than Geek user and you can see why she made the comment she did.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 21:57   #321
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
I'm not sure I know anybody who'd buy 20 new AAA games a month, every month.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 17:07   #322
DABhand
Inactive

Or buy games and replay them from Steam?

So you are only allowed to play your games once?
Old 11-02-2015, 12:31   #323
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

I think qas's point is that 20x games downloads per month seems unlikely, regardless if they're new games or games you currently own.

However, I agree that 250Gb per month is hardly a huge amount these days.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 18:11   #324
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Or buy games and replay them from Steam?

So you are only allowed to play your games once?
There is this thing called a 'hard drive' which means you don't download an entire game every time you run it.

---------- Post added at 17:11 ---------- Previous post was at 17:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
However, I agree that 250Gb per month is hardly a huge amount these days.
It's really a very small range of media that uses the vast majority of bandwidth though. For pretty much all forms of internet use that do not involve moving images, even if you spend twelve hours a day online you could get by with less than 20GB a month.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:47   #325
Kushan

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
There is this thing called a 'hard drive' which means you don't download an entire game every time you run it.

---------- Post added at 17:11 ---------- Previous post was at 17:09 ----------

It's really a very small range of media that uses the vast majority of bandwidth though. For pretty much all forms of internet use that do not involve moving images, even if you spend twelve hours a day online you could get by with less than 20GB a month.
Probably. However, what I'm saying is that it wouldn't be unusual to see a user hit 250Gb quite legitimately (as in without any naughty P2P or whatever) over the course of a month. There's always going to be a gulf between light and heavy users, I'm just saying that someone hitting 250Gig isn't something ISP's these days should get concerned about.
Old 12-02-2015, 13:47   #326
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

That's true, I wasn't trying to imply high usage wasn't "legitimate". Simply pointing out that ten minutes of video can use up more bandwidth than twelve hours heavy use of web browsing, gaming, email, or even audio streaming.
Old 12-02-2015, 14:53   #327
Kushan

Ohh well I've misunderstood a bit I think. But yes, Data usage will increase, shocking revelation for some ISP's, it seems.
Old 14-02-2015, 01:30   #328
DABhand
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
So people have to buy an HDD (with an external caddy) when they buy games from Steam, and fill it up, and when it is full, buy another one and fill that up?

And when you force Steam to find the HDD to find the games installed, it will then update AAA titles no doubt, and whatever else it picked up off the HDD.

You know that scenario is silly.

What about people who buy Blu-ray quality movies from Playstation store etc and have download a massive 20GB+ per movie?

250GB is gone easily in less than a day, at speeds just now just over 1 minute = 1GB at top speeds from VM.

Would anybody be doing it all the time no.. of course not.. but the point is, I don't like the way advisers are instantly doing the you are a heavy user when you call to see what is up with the network, like it is your fault and you are bad.... they should focus on the multiple TB users who sit on torrents seeding and peering all day long.
Old 14-02-2015, 01:41   #329
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Quote:
So people have to buy an HDD (with an external caddy) when they buy games from Steam, and fill it up, and when it is full, buy another one and fill that up?
No, they have a drive in their computer already, otherwise it wouldn't be able to start up.

---------- Post added at 00:41 ---------- Previous post was at 00:40 ----------

Quote:
You know that scenario is silly.
No, what's silly is your suggestion people download a game, play it once, delete it, then download it again the next day.
Old 14-02-2015, 11:12   #330
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
they should focus on the multiple TB users who sit on torrents seeding and peering all day long.
I torrent with the best of them and i dont come anyway near 200gb a day. If you think you are going to fill your hdd up, buy a bigger hdd or nas to store your movies on. I think you are being a bit OTT though. I have got friends who have got hundreds of games sitting on their hdd.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote