Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
Closed Thread

Old 26-07-2022, 19:18   #976
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
BT Sport ESPN will rebrand as BT Sport 4 on 1st August.
https://www.mediamole.co.uk/entertai...-4_489865.html
...and another rebrand in the not too distant future once the Warner Discovery co ownership kicks in.

Last edited by Horizon; 26-07-2022 at 19:24.
Advertisement
Old 27-07-2022, 11:01   #977
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
hopefully it can be on same day as sky get it but we will have to wait and see
It would be brilliant if it did laumch before the new season starts Dave.
After all, it was promised way back in May 2019.
Old 27-07-2022, 11:20   #978
AdamDigital
cf.member

Services: VM V6 x 2. 500MB broadband.
AdamDigital is an unknown quantity at this point

I hear that Sky Sports Main Event Ultra HDR has today launched as a standalone (i.e. not red button) channel on Sky. You know what's coming... does anyone know when will this channel be on VM V6?
Old 27-07-2022, 11:44   #979
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
It would be brilliant if it did laumch before the new season starts Dave.
After all, it was promised way back in May 2019.
all we can do is hope but don't hold your breath
Old 27-07-2022, 16:35   #980
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamDigital View Post
I hear that Sky Sports Main Event Ultra HDR has today launched as a standalone (i.e. not red button) channel on Sky. You know what's coming... does anyone know when will this channel be on VM V6?
Old 27-07-2022, 19:25   #981
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

I am hearing that BT Sport is set to change it name to Discovery Sports once Warner Bros. Discovery joint venture with BT Group is completed.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 28-07-2022, 17:28   #982
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Several programmes on Eurosport are already using 'Discovery Sport' captions and banners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
I am hearing that BT Sport is set to change it name to Discovery Sports once Warner Bros. Discovery joint venture with BT Group is completed.
Old 29-07-2022, 01:32   #983
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
how long should that take?
Old 29-07-2022, 14:04   #984
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
how long should that take?
No timeline was given.
Old 29-07-2022, 17:57   #985
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

XXX Mums will close on August 1st on Virgin on Demand.
Old 30-07-2022, 01:14   #986
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Oh bloody hell. Gutted
Old 30-07-2022, 22:16   #987
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

BBC3 & BBC4 failed to start at 7pm this evening, thus messing up the recordings I had of them as they started late.

No idea if this was down to the BBC or another Virgin cock up. I suspect a Virgin cock up as one of their (box generated?) 'This channel is currently unavailable' messages came up at the bottom.
Old 31-07-2022, 03:11   #988
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
BBC3 & BBC4 failed to start at 7pm this evening, thus messing up the recordings I had of them as they started late.

No idea if this was down to the BBC or another Virgin cock up. I suspect a Virgin cock up as one of their (box generated?) 'This channel is currently unavailable' messages came up at the bottom.
BBC3 started on time on freeview.
Old 31-07-2022, 11:25   #989
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Closing on Sky too.
Quote:
Old 31-07-2022, 11:44   #990
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

BBC Three and BBC Four fail to appear all night last night.

The two BBC kids channels appear at 5.30am.

---------- Post added at 10:44 ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Closing on Sky too.
I have since been told that XXX Mum did close on Virgin somepoint in 2016.

But programmes from XXX Mum are still on Virgin on Demand for you to pay to watch.
Closed Thread