Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Old 15-08-2022, 23:28   #1531
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You could have all you need through a Freeview box and just one streamer, which you could change from time to time.
That's a lot of hassle though which many won't do.

Whereas in the past a subscription to the Sky basics channels would get you content from most of the US studios, you now have to subscribe to Disney + and will possibly have to add more streamers like Paramount + and HBO Max in the future just to get back to where you were in 2019. That incurs extra cost and whilst you get more content like boxsets, there's still the same number of hours in the week in which to watch it.

Last edited by 1andrew1; 15-08-2022 at 23:33.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-08-2022, 02:07   #1532
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
It’s not a paradox. My wife is not really very good at coping with the streamers at her age, and as you well know, the older you are the less you can cope with new stuff.

I don’t know what rocks your boat, but the pay TV listings are much worse than they ever were before and I find myself recording less and less. Go into the streamers and you get a fantastic choice to watch any time.

It is true that there are fewer shows available on the pay TV channels as well as most of the terrestrials these days, but I still believe that the streamers offer much better value than the pay-tv channels. Netflix on its own has more choice, and you can jump between the streamers too because you are not hooked into a contract.

You could have all you need through a Freeview box and just one streamer, which you could change from time to time.

As you know, I am not talking about sport, which is a different matter altogether.
I'm finding less and less quality on the streaming sites these days as its being stretched thinner and thinner. The era of piracy part 2 is beginning with a perfect storm of a recession and too many streaming companies getting greedier and greedier and wanting a slice of the pie.

The music industry found this out back in the 2000s when theyd charge ten quid an album and people just ripped and illegally downloaded them. Now you can listen to every song out there for the same ten pound.

To subscribe to all the streaming sites now is likely to reach 80+ quid by the end of the year. Add that onto the requirement for broadband and a tv package and you're going higher and higher. The recession will hit HARD soon.

The greed like the music industry showed could bite the arses of the ignorant millionaire tv executives and i hope it does ....as we all sail the seven seas once more! Under a black flag we sail and the internet shall be our empire!

Ahoy matey! Under a black flag we shall sail! Shiver me timbers! Avast, ye scurvy dog streamers!

(i do not endorse piracy)
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2022, 18:50   #1533
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

[t

It is true that there are fewer shows available on the pay TV channels as well as most of the terrestrials these days, but I still believe that the streamers offer much better value than the pay-tv channels. Netflix on its own has more choice, and you can jump between the streamers too because you are not hooked into a contract.

As you know, I am not talking about sport, which is a different matter altogether.[/QUOTE]

Don't watch sport so putting that aside, Seem to hardly watch Netflix these days , can see it going in the near future , at this time if any I would take discovery + . But I still mentain if people stopped watching them they would soon die
Old 16-08-2022, 21:03   #1534
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
[t
But I still mentain if people stopped watching them they would soon die
That’s true. And if people stopped breathing, they would die.

---------- Post added at 20:03 ---------- Previous post was at 19:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post

To subscribe to all the streaming sites now is likely to reach 80+ quid by the end of the year.
As discussed, though, Vince, why would you subscribe to all the streamers all at once? You will not be able to make the time to see all that content! Just take out sufficient subs to satisfy your needs.
Old 17-08-2022, 02:49   #1535
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

The Humax Aura box looks good 2tb hdd android system plus freeview the perfect all in one box just a bit pricey atm. There is a 1tb for £30 less https://www.amazon.co.uk/HUMAX-Aura-..._t1_B08LFGYT1F
Old 17-08-2022, 10:12   #1536
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
The Humax Aura box looks good 2tb hdd android system plus freeview the perfect all in one box just a bit pricey atm. There is a 1tb for £30 less https://www.amazon.co.uk/HUMAX-Aura-..._t1_B08LFGYT1F
Humax is a great brand and by having Android your apps should continue working.

A few years ago I would have considered this but I just don't record anything these days and TVs have Freeview built in.
Old 17-08-2022, 12:12   #1537
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
ITV has started showing pop-ups for devices with ITV Hub that won't be supported by ITVX when it arrives.

On Virgin Media the V6, TV 360 and Stream devices are all listed as supported according to this RXTV article.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/pop-ups-wa...v-hubs-removal
ITV Hub will be removed from Freesat Humax Boxes manufactured between 2012-2018 at the end of September aswell
https://www.freesat.co.uk/help/4k-tv...b-availability

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 17-08-2022 at 13:45.
TimeLord2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2022, 18:30   #1538
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
That’s true. And if people stopped breathing, they would die.
Not out of choice
---------- Post added at 20:03 ---------- Previous post was at 19:59 ----------

As discussed, though, Vince, why would you subscribe to all the streamers all at once? You will not be able to make the time to see all that content! Just take out sufficient subs to satisfy your needs.
Or don't take any, if you do stop moaning no one is forcing anyone to sign up

---------- Post added at 17:30 ---------- Previous post was at 17:28 ----------

Quote:
That’s true. And if people stopped breathing, they would die. [COLOR="Silver"]
Not out of choice, just try it .
Old 17-08-2022, 20:59   #1539
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

My contract with Virgin is up in early October, I think they'll be getting the boot if a decent offer isn't forthcoming!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2022, 21:01   #1540
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
My contract with Virgin is up in early October, I think they'll be getting the boot if a decent offer isn't forthcoming!
As long as you stick to your guns in my experience they always offer something decent after the notice is put in
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2022, 19:26   #1541
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I've finally gone legit with Disney Plus for 3 months using £6 of Tesco Vouchers, so FREE.

The offer runs out 22/08 if anyone is interested.
Old 18-08-2022, 20:05   #1542
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Finally the penny drops that the glorious streaming future is paying more and getting less. Or opting out of the never ending price rises and getting even less than that.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2022, 09:40   #1543
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Finally the penny drops that the glorious streaming future is paying more and getting less. Or opting out of the never ending price rises and getting even less than that.
We are absolutely nowhere near getting less from streaming than on the TV channels. If you think that, you must watch an awful lot of junk.

Sport excepted, of course.
Old 19-08-2022, 10:04   #1544
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
We are absolutely nowhere near getting less from streaming than on the TV channels. If you think that, you must watch an awful lot of junk.

Do you accept jfman's paying more bit?

---------- Post added at 09:04 ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Could you save money by swapping to their streaming service once your cabl TV contract expires? Or do you need to record stuff? https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/stream
Old 19-08-2022, 12:50   #1545
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
This comment is not only incoherent it’s entirely contradictory.

Quote:
Given the billions that sports TV rights go for and the millions of subscribers that it’s a major reason for them subscribing to any pay-tv service that’s quite a glaring hole in your point.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote