Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Trump’s Troubles

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Trump’s Troubles

Old 17-03-2024, 08:46   #541
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Trump’s Troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
If we take a step back how many vying to lead the Conservative Party have tried to portray themselves as following in the footsteps of Thatcher?
Didn't do this guy any good....
2008BV2894.jpg
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-03-2024, 10:56   #542
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
And what happens to the party after the 77 year old morbidly obese junk food eating heart attack waiting to happen is not with us any more?
I think that will depend very much on who Trump tries to anoint as his successor.
Old 17-03-2024, 11:16   #543
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I think that will depend very much on who Trump tries to anoint as his successor.
Let me guess, Trump Jr....

---------- Post added at 11:16 ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 ----------

And the orange one is now promising a 'bloodbath' if he's not elected by one means or another....
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2513829.html

No wonder he admires Putin, not much difference in their election tactics.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2024, 16:18   #544
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Let me guess, Trump Jr....

---------- Post added at 11:16 ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 ----------

And the orange one is now promising a 'bloodbath' if he's not elected by one means or another....
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2513829.html

No wonder he admires Putin, not much difference in their election tactics.
He said it will be a bloodbath for the US auto industry and economy, if he isn’t elected.

Meaning the democrats will destroy both.

But he’s used to having his words twisted.
Old 17-03-2024, 17:45   #545
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
He said it will be a bloodbath for the US auto industry and economy, if he isn’t elected.

Meaning the democrats will destroy both.

But he’s used to having his words twisted.
What he actually said

Quote:
“Now we’re going to put a 100 percent tariff on every single car that comes across [the] line, and you’re not going to be able to sell those guys — if I get elected,” he said. “Now, if I don’t get elected, it’s going to be a bloodbath for the whole. That’s going to be the least of it. It’s going to be a bloodbath for the country.”
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2024, 17:50   #546
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
What he actually said
I’m well aware of the whole quote, I read it, and the context of which it was given.

And I again repeat he was referring to the economic impact to the auto industry and the economy as a whole.

Unless you think he was talking about something else, happy to hear what you think he was talking about?
Old 17-03-2024, 17:59   #547
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

I think he is deliberately vague, with the intent of being misinterpreted by his supporters to incite their anger (stochastic terrorism) and to then lash out at the mainstream media for taking a different interpretation. He frequently changes subject mid-sentence, causing confusion about what he’s talking about - deliberately or not, not sure…

Who uses "bloodbath" in reference to the auto industry?
Old 17-03-2024, 18:21   #548
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
I think he is deliberately vague, with the intent of being misinterpreted by his supporters to incite their anger (stochastic terrorism) and to then lash out at the mainstream media for taking a different interpretation.
The poor innocent media….fine people on both sides……Jan 6th…..they do have a habit of misinterpreting.

Quote:
He frequently changes subject mid-sentence, causing confusion about what he’s talking about - deliberately or not, not sure…
I think deliberate would be giving him way too much credit.

His fuller quote was this, in referring to factories China is building in Mexico to sell EV cars into the USA

Quote:
, "If you’re listening, President Xi — and you and I are friends — but he understands the way I deal. Those big monster car manufacturing plants that you’re building in Mexico right now… you’re going to not hire Americans and you’re going to sell the cars to us, no. We’re going to put a 100% tariff on every single car that comes across the line, and you’re not going to be able to sell those cars if I get elected."

"Now if I don’t get elected, it’s going to be a bloodbath for the whole auto industry – that’s gonna be the least of it. It’s going to be a bloodbath for the country. That will be the least of it. But they’re not going to sell those cars. if I’m elected They’re building massive factories."
Words in bold added by me

Quote:
Who uses "bloodbath" in reference to the auto industry?
Well he wasn’t talking about anything else, at the time.
Old 17-03-2024, 18:38   #549
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

It makes no difference what ‘bloodbath’ was in reference to. Responsible politicians don’t use such turns of phrase because they know they rile up extremists. Extremist politicians do use such terms for the same reason.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2024, 18:49   #550
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

On the same basis, responsible media outlets shouldn’t report the statements out of context.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2024, 21:39   #551
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Because of their age and health I'd be surprised if either see the end of their term.

TBPH no one should be allowed to run if they hit 74 during their term.

As Billy Connolly said "My dad's younger and we don't give him the remote for the TV"
Old 17-03-2024, 23:19   #552
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
TBPH no one should be allowed to run if they hit 74 during their term.
It’s strange as there is a lower limit.

I disagree though, age should not be a limiting factor.

Capability should though, and Biden is clearly incapable.
Old 18-03-2024, 10:10   #553
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

If you are going to upper age limit the President (not an unreasonable step IMHO) the same should apply to Congress.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2024, 11:05   #554
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
If you are going to upper age limit the President (not an unreasonable step IMHO) the same should apply to Congress.
Agreed.
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2024, 15:51   #555
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/18/trum...wyers-say.html

Quote:
Donald Trump cannot obtain a bond to secure the $454 million civil business fraud judgment against him as he pursues an appeal of the case, his attorneys said in a New York court filing Monday.

Attorneys for Trump and his co-defendants in the fraud case argued that it was “impossible” for them to secure a complete appeal bond, which would “effectively” require “cash reserves approaching $1 billion.”

″Defendants’ ongoing diligent efforts have proven that a bond in the judgment’s full amount is ‘a practical impossibility,’” the lawyers wrote, quoting an affidavit in the filing with the Appellate Division of Manhattan Supreme Court.

They said they have approached roughly 30 surety companies through four separate brokers, and that they have spent “countless hours negotiating with one of the largest insurance companies in the world.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...d-is-struggle/

Quote:
In an April 2023 deposition, Trump volunteered that he had “substantially in excess of 400 million in cash.”

“Developers usually don’t have cash. They have assets, not cash,” Trump said. “We have, I believe, 400 plus and going up very substantially every month.”

Trump added later that, despite the legal fees he was facing, “I have over 400 — fairly substantially over $400 million in cash. That’s just cash. That’s just cash.”

Last edited by Hugh; 18-03-2024 at 16:03.