Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 1gb with Hub 4 modem only mode.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

1gb with Hub 4 modem only mode.

Old 14-01-2022, 00:38   #31
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: 1gb with Hub 4 modem only mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Router (AX6100)
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
the AX92u
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
You didn't tell us what router you have
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-01-2022, 11:02   #32
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

After an hour on the phone to VM on Saturday during which time they wanted me to leave the SH4 in router mode for three days (which I flatly refused) there’s an engineer coming out on Monday, hopefully the problem will be resolved
Old 16-01-2022, 12:38   #33
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
hopefully the problem will be resolved
I wouldn't hold your breath. He is going to do the samknows speed test, check all the power levels and say everything is fine. He hasn't got the time or training to start swapping about bits of customer equipment and ascertain where the problem lies. The best you can hope for (and I hope it works) is that he swaps the shub over and it cures the problem.
Old 17-01-2022, 16:15   #34
mrmistoffelees

mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
I wouldn't hold your breath. He is going to do the samknows speed test, check all the power levels and say everything is fine. He hasn't got the time or training to start swapping about bits of customer equipment and ascertain where the problem lies. The best you can hope for (and I hope it works) is that he swaps the shub over and it cures the problem.

@General Maximus, read something, somewhere earlier today, that suggests the white cable feeding into the SH isn't rated for 1gbps and it should be black? is that correct? I've a feeling it's a) not relevant & b) nonsense. would be good if someone in the know could confirm?
Old 17-01-2022, 16:24   #35
General Maximus
Ran Away

Absolute flipping rubbish. It is standard coax (rg6 rings a bell) and is certified to transmit at however many gigabits per second.
Old 17-01-2022, 18:01   #36
mrmistoffelees

Quote:
Absolute flipping rubbish. It is standard coax (rg6 rings a bell) and is certified to transmit at however many gigabits per second.

Had a feeling that was the case, thank you for confirming....

So, an update on todays engineer visit.

First of all the tech was very good indeed and it appears i have or have had two problems. First of all i replicated the fault in fron of the tech. showed him the issue in both router and modem mode.

we replace the SH4 connect my mac via ethernet and bang straight away maximum speed. this is good....

Next, we put my kit back on, speed test via my router back to the same problem again.

I then spoof the MAC of my mac's ethernet adapter, reboot all the kit. connect up via ethernet into my home router again with a different adapter. bang, maximum speed...

oddness.....