Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 06-07-2009, 20:47   #2536
budwieser
cf.mega poster

budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
re: Rate the last movie you saw

Ice Age 3. Great film in the Ice Age traditions.
Loved the bit where Sid tries to milk the buffalo and finds out its a male.! Made me laugh........
budwieser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2009, 22:48   #2537
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 9/10 the best one so far
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:09   #2538
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I watched the remake of The Andromeda Strain last night - which was ok 6/10
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 22:00   #2539
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix 8/10, haven't seen it since we saw it at the cinema, enjoyed it, I can't remember what bits where chopped out from the book (must have been loads to get it into 2hrs), missus seems to remember it was lots of boring teenage angst stuff so that's good

Times like this I'm glad I've got a memory like a goldfish, means I don't get annoyed when films differ from the source too much!
Old 15-07-2009, 15:50   #2540
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

just watched Bruno! hahaha iv not laughed so much in all myself.
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2009, 23:51   #2541
Scarlett
Inactive

Scarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Scarlett

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince 5/10, really not impressed as usual (for HP movies ayway) the director seem to have convieniently forgotten that it's part of a series and just gone down the 'What I want to do' route.

Specific issues below.

Spoiler: 

Missing what should have been a great fight at the end.

WTF happen at the barrow half way through???

Was it me or did it feel like they tacked Dumbledors death on at the end? its supposed to be an epic death scene FFS!

Far too much concentration on who's snogging who and not enough eye's on the plot IMO.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2009, 06:10   #2542
admars
cf.mega poster

did you mean "Order of the Phoenix", or the new film, as your spoiler mentions something that happens in "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince", which may annoy ppl if they think you're talking about a film they've seen!
Old 16-07-2009, 07:42   #2543
Scarlett
Inactive

Scarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Scarlett

I did mean the Half blood prince, can a mod update the post above please.

order of the pheonix was 9/10.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2009, 08:40   #2544
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince 4/10

Nothing really actually happened in it. I nearly fell asleep half way through which I regret now as I wished I had fallen asleep.
Old 16-07-2009, 09:59   #2545
xpod
Inactive

Services: TV,Phone & BB
xpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appeal
xpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appeal

Public Enemies. 7/10

Not quite as good as the hype would have you believe,imho of course.
xpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2009, 11:12   #2546
Aragorn
Inactive

Aragorn has a nice shiny star
Aragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny star

Saw the Half-Blood Prince last night. Prob 7.5/10
It's not an action film and it does deviate from the book but it was still a good film, imo.
I think Ginny & Hermione stood out in the film, although Draco and young Tom were pretty convincing.
Spoiler: 

yes - a bit shocking about the burrow - are they going to have rebuilt it for Deathly Hallows?
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2009, 12:54   #2547
KungFuKitty
Inactive

Services: VM XL BB (20meg)
KungFuKitty has a spectacular aura about themKungFuKitty has a spectacular aura about themKungFuKitty has a spectacular aura about themKungFuKitty has a spectacular aura about them
Send a message via MSN to KungFuKitty

Harry Potter ~ Half blood prince.
Not my thing for starters, went to see it with my girlfriend first night it came out... though i wasn't expecting much i have watched the others with her and the FX were pretty good but not on this latest one, bit of a let down even for me.
Girlfriend rated the movie 6 - 7/10 (Huge HP Fan lol)
- Kfk.
KungFuKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 15:31   #2548
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Just watched Push 8.5/10 Pretty good film and the ending leaves it open for another. Very X-men'esque, its a shame that some people have slated it on reviews elsewhere as its a great Saturday afternoon\evening film. The acting is quite good and Dakota Fanning plays here part superbly.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 17:07   #2549
KungFuKitty
Inactive

Services: VM XL BB (20meg)
KungFuKitty has a spectacular aura about themKungFuKitty has a spectacular aura about themKungFuKitty has a spectacular aura about themKungFuKitty has a spectacular aura about them
Send a message via MSN to KungFuKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
Just watched Push 8.5/10 Pretty good film and the ending leaves it open for another. Very X-men'esque, its a shame that some people have slated it on reviews elsewhere as its a great Saturday afternoon\evening film. The acting is quite good and Dakota Fanning plays here part superbly.
Yeah i watched that the other week, i'd give it about a 7.5/10 pretty good movie
KungFuKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 22:17   #2550
admars
cf.mega poster

Cloverfield 7/10
Hadn't seen it before, missus and I enjoyed it. I hated the first 15 mins, was like a crappy teen drama, but then things started blowing up and it picked up