Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Just got a new cat

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Just got a new cat

Old 09-06-2014, 16:50   #16
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Re: Just got a new cat

Mmm...cats react in different ways to catnip. I once got a catnip mouse for my beloved Tigger when she was a few months old...afterwards I hid the thing and never brought it out again. She was always a daft kitten and later a dafter cat, but she went even more doolally than usual. After savaging the mouse, she went running at breakneck speed all over the flat and up and down the stairs for nearly an hour, and every time I tried to get near her she went for me - eep!

I couldn't have got the sort of cat that just gets totally chilled-out on catnip, could I? Naw, it was business as usual.
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2014, 17:50   #17
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

A friend has a cat that just ignores Catnip and Valerian but let it get a whiff of dried Honeysuckle leaves and it goes absolutely batty. It literally squeals with excitement and runs around in circles chasing its tail before lying on its back, fast asleep asleep and snoring very, very loudly.

Just a tip. If you do buy any of the above in lose leaf form make sure that you store it somewhere cat proof. I came downstairs one morning to find an 8oz bag torn to shreds and one very self satisfied, laid back cat sat in the middle of the carpet covered from head to tail in catnip. Not to bad except he had come in through a cat flap out of the rain and the dang stuff was stuck to his fur, the carpet, a rug, the 3 piece suite and my best suede shoes. I now keep any I buy double wrapped in the freezer.
Old 11-06-2014, 18:51   #18
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

Is he neutered? If not, I strongly recommend it.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 23:00   #19
progers
Pete

Services: Broadband Up to 100Mb ~ TV Mix & TiVo 1Tb ~ Phone: Talk More Anytime
progers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central View Post
After the loss of my dog also best friend Misi last March. I have now decided to get a cat. No a replacement though.
You haven't decided to get a cat, the cat has decided to live with you and, so far, allowed you to stay too!
progers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 00:19   #20
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

Hehe, dogs have owners, cats have staff. Never a truer word spoken.
My two slappers rule the roost.
Moggies of infinite entertainment,
One-sided affection ('hug me when I want to be hugged or bugger off')
'Feed me now or I shall launch into a Shakespeare-like monologue of epic proportions'
'Yes I know you've provided a handsome scratching post but the armchair feels sooo much better under the claw'
'But playtime is lots more fun after you've gone to bed and we can thunder around the
house like a herd of elephants, even though there are only two of us, and we are girly cats and Very Dainty'
'Yes we know it's your favourite fleece and shows up Every Single Hair, but it's very comfortable to recline upon and good for our constitution, and we are trying to bond with you'
'I do not snore, I merely breathe heavily on occasion'

Ad nauseum......
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 19:04   #21
Central

Services: Sky + HD family pack 50mb XXL Phone M Sutton Coldfield TX
Central is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of society

An update on Tommy.

He is still with us. He did get cat flu but that's been treated with some tablets. He has settled in quite well. Very territorial. Hates other cats coming near the back door.

Got a few videos of him

Tommy hates technology.
http://youtu.be/Hne04uR6bHU?

And he found a box
http://youtu.be/s5GW1_mxu-M
Central is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 19:14   #22
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

He seems to bring you great joy Central and quite a character. Glad he has settled in well.
Old 31-08-2014, 19:37   #23
joglynne
Born again teenager.

joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

I know Tommy can never replace Misi Central but he seems to have become an interesting new member of the family.
Old 31-08-2014, 20:28   #24
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Lol, teasing him with the DVD tray, brightened up my evening
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 16:16   #25
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Cats, you gotta love 'em

I know I do.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 23:04   #26
Central

Central is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of society

Yes. We have really taken to him.
Old 06-09-2014, 13:44   #27
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal

That gallery (Why Cats Are Great, in an earlier post) is brilliant! I've never seen a cat do a roll like that before!
Old 14-09-2018, 00:47   #28
Central

Within the last hour we have had to have our cat put down.

It was so sudden. 4 hours ago he was fine. He jumped in the window for him food. After he finished eating we saw he couldn't close his mouth.

We took him vets and they diagnosed he had a dislocated jaw. The vet listened to his chest and said it sounds not good. He was panting.

He was kept in and at 2230nwe had a call to say nothing was broken so hadn't been hit by a car now was there any injuries apart from his jaw.

At 2330 we had another call to say his breathing had gotten worse and he most likely would be put to sleep.

We got the call at 2350 and we have just got back from seeing him.

I already miss him so much.

Rip tommy.
Old 14-09-2018, 01:24   #29
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central View Post
Within the last hour we have had to have our cat put down.

It was so sudden. 4 hours ago he was fine. He jumped in the window for him food. After he finished eating we saw he couldn't close his mouth.

We took him vets and they diagnosed he had a dislocated jaw. The vet listened to his chest and said it sounds not good. He was panting.

He was kept in and at 2230nwe had a call to say nothing was broken so hadn't been hit by a car now was there any injuries apart from his jaw.

At 2330 we had another call to say his breathing had gotten worse and he most likely would be put to sleep.

We got the call at 2350 and we have just got back from seeing him.

I already miss him so much.

Rip tommy.

Never easy losing a pet Central and I know only too well how your feeling, sorry for your loss

RIP Tommy
Old 14-09-2018, 08:44   #30
joglynne
Born again teenager.

So sorry to hear your news Central. Happening so suddenly is heartbreaking. Hugs to you and the family. RIP Tommy.