Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Old Yesterday, 20:17   #856
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Rumours: Is Virgin Media UK set to sign new deal with Sky?

Rumours are coming in at Media Boy HQ that Sky Atlantic may grace our screens this summer.

As part of the new deal, we may also get Sky's UHD programming as part of any deal.

ęcopyright 2019 Media Boy 2006 - 2019. An ''Keep it real and free'' Production.

Media Boy HQ has put this post down as "Rumour" until we see reports of any new Sky branded channel testing on Virgin Media UK.
It'll be interesting to see how Comcast and VM get on.

For those who like trivia, Comcast incorporates what was John Malone's cable co, TCI, which he originally sold to AT&T before Comcast took it on. Comcast and Malone have a good working relationship up to now, so lets see if that continues!

---------- Post added at 20:17 ---------- Previous post was at 20:11 ----------

Quote:
Media Boy VIEWS:

But we feel Virgin Media UK may drop all Sky SD channels (if they also have an HD Channel).

We also feel UKTV and Discovery channels will be moving to new channels numbers this summer.

We also think Disney will axe FOX brand in UK and rebrand FOX as ABC.
As I'm sure you're aware, the breakup of UKTV is imminent now (weeks, rather than months) so Discovery gets control of Home, Really and Good Food while the Beeb gets the rest, so I agree that changes with those channels seem likely.

I agree about your view on FOX and to add one of my own, I think we'll get all the major US networks soon. They'll already here, just under different names at the moment:

Sky One -> NBC
Ch5 -> CBS
FOX -> ABC

Last edited by Horizon; Yesterday at 20:25.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old Yesterday, 20:32   #857
mot12
cf.addict

Services: V.I.P
mot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enough

Skysports on screen logo no longer says HD on the HD versions. Maybe Skysports SD channels are off soon.
mot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:32   #858
ScottishSteve
cf.member

ScottishSteve is on a distinguished roadScottishSteve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot12 View Post
Skysports on screen logo no longer says HD on the HD versions. Maybe Skysports SD channels are off soon.
This happened a few weeks back on all Sky HD Channels there is now no reference to HD on the onscreen graphics
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:39   #859
mot12
cf.addict

Services: V.I.P
mot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
This happened a few weeks back on all Sky HD Channels there is now no reference to HD on the onscreen graphics
Oh.

I just didn't notice it then. lol Only noticed it just recently.
mot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:48   #860
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

So, how do we reckon the EPG will look over the coming months once the changes have all happened?

It looks like all the SD channels will get dropped if there is a HD equivalent with a +1 channel right next to the main HD channel and the 200s section is being reorganised back into a proper lifestyle and factual section again, or is it? VM placing their ultra HD ch on 205 seems to mess things up somewhat.
Old Yesterday, 23:24   #861
Media Boy
GOT NEWS? PM us

Media Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
So, how do we reckon the EPG will look over the coming months once the changes have all happened?

It looks like all the SD channels will get dropped if there is a HD equivalent with a +1 channel right next to the main HD channel and the 200s section is being reorganised back into a proper lifestyle and factual section again, or is it? VM placing their ultra HD ch on 205 seems to mess things up somewhat.
We feel with Virgin Media Ultra HD being added to Channel 205 under a Entertainment section.

Virgin Media may start to broadcast Ultra HD other things like Movies and Live Sports on Channel 999.

I have be given tonight an DNP order.
Media Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 23:38   #862
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
We feel with Virgin Media Ultra HD being added to Channel 205 under a Entertainment section.

Virgin Media may start to broadcast Ultra HD other things like Movies and Live Sports on Channel 999.

I have be given tonight an DNP order.
Can I ask will this be something customers will really benefit from
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote