Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | STV Player has launched

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

STV Player has launched

Old 06-12-2018, 20:39   #1
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
STV Player has launched

Just saw STV Player mentioned on the V6 information banner. I went up to it, fully expecting it would be info about a launch date, but no, it said Press OK to launch.

It load quickly and looks very like the All4 app. I don't see the Eleven Sports stuff but they do have Hipster children's show section in addition to a separate Children's section. 30 day catch-up and box sets. Impressed and I don't really watch STV.

After I exited app I checked and it is also showing up in App & Games section. I'm in Scotland so I can't speak as to wider availability on VM.

In addition I have now checked and it is showing in Channels section of Catch-up, after iPlayer but before ITV.

Last edited by cheekyangus; 06-12-2018 at 20:56. Reason: More info.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2018, 20:49   #2
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: STV Player has launched

It’s only in Scotland currently. Don’t know if it will go country wide. Why would it? It’s an agreement between STV and Virgin Media. I don’t think STV can broadcast elsewhere in the UK.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 20:51   #3
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
It’s only in Scotland currently. Don’t know if it will go country wide. Why would it? It’s an agreement between STV and Virgin Media. I don’t think STV can broadcast elsewhere in the UK.
Maybe they are worried about the targeting of advertisements. Is the ITV Hub available on Virgin Media in Scotland?
We have BBC Alba programmes in the south through the i-Player.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 23:59   #4
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

I used to use the STV player instead of the godawful ITV version as it didn't ram adverts down your throat like the ITV one does. Just need to know a postcode north of the border to register. No idea what it's like now, but always worth a try.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 04:27   #5
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Apparently, you don't need a Scottish postcode to register anymore.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 20:32   #6
djs9750
cf.member

djs9750 is an unknown quantity at this point

Eleven Sports only appears when there is one of the Live games on. Looks like you cannot watch any other programmes on the channels.
djs9750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 14:01   #7
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

This may be useful for you football fans with STV Player:

http://links.links.stvgroup.co.uk/se...OAS2&mt=1&rt=0
Old 08-12-2018, 21:44   #8
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Am I right in thinking these games aren’t available on VM?
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 23:49   #9
JohnWB
Inactive

Services: Two V6 boxes, 200meg BB
JohnWB is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you know if this is available in the Tyne Tees Area (Middlesbrough) as I cannot see it anywhere, not even in the Apps section
JohnWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 00:10   #10
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

As per post #2, the app has only been loaded in Scotland.