Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 18-07-2010, 07:04   #3016
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
re: Rate the last movie you saw

Dirty Harry 9/10 Classic Clint Eastwood movie.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-07-2010, 21:43   #3017
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Star Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace

7/10

Good: Darth Maul, Lightsaber duels, space battles, Palpatine's rise.

Bad: Jar Jar, Midichlorians, Anakin.

Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

8/10

Definite improvement on TPM. Less Jar Jar; even more lightsabre duels; clone troopers; more of Palpatine's scheming; Mace Windu (I can so imagine SLJ saying "Jedi Lightsabre. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every <badperson> in the room, accept no substitutes."); Christopher Lee;... and of course Yoda being a bad-ass.

Bit too much "Padme, I love you, wah wah wah", but I suppose it was necessary though.

Tomorrow: Episodes III and IV.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2010, 22:15   #3018
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Magnum Force 9/10 Another Classic Clint Eastwood movie.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2010, 23:43   #3019
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
Dirty Harry 9/10 Classic Clint Eastwood movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry
I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?
Classic.
Old 19-07-2010, 08:28   #3020
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Daybreakers - 5/10.

Starts off with a neat concept (most humans are now vampires, and shows the changes that society has to implement due to not being able to go out during daylight), and then went a bit meh.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2010, 14:44   #3021
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one

I watched Twilight yesterday and sorry, I found it very boring, too slow and absolutely no plot. The story could have been told in a half hour children's show.

I will give it 4/10 though, because I enjoyed the cinematography.
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2010, 22:56   #3022
zing_deleted

The Ghost Writer ( known as The Ghost in the UK) well this is a tough one to score. Its a drama there is very little action there is next to no bare skin ( besides Ewan McGregor who bares his backside for the girls I add no interest to me ) but its a very good story film. It holds your interest and it has some good twists and turns I have to give it a 7

if you want action and thrills you wont like this film. If you want an intelligent movie then you may well
Old 19-07-2010, 23:45   #3023
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Hmm. 8.5/10. I'd forgotten how much I actually enjoy this one.

Great battle scenes, great lightsabre duels, Yoda kicking ass, rise of Palpatine & Vader, fall of the Republic...The best of the prequels IMO.

And, of course, it gave us...

Didn't manage to watch Ep. IV as well in the end, so my aim for Tuesday is to watch the entire Original Star Wars Trilogy all in one day [Hah, isn't my use of my annual leave productive ]
Old 19-07-2010, 23:49   #3024
zing_deleted

Back in the 80s I went to the Coventry Odeon and watched all 3 in one sitting. They did give you a break in between lol

Did the same at the old ABC with Superman 1 2 and 3 lol
Old 19-07-2010, 23:59   #3025
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

I've watched all three in one day before, but not since my school days (what better way to spend GCSE or A Level revision time ).

I'm off all of this week... After finishing the SW saga, I plan to watch all three LOTR movies...
Old 20-07-2010, 00:02   #3026
zing_deleted

extended editions I hope ? lol
Old 20-07-2010, 00:07   #3027
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

But of course

I've only ever seen the theatrical cuts at the cinema.

Extended = Definitive.

(which is why I still have the DVDs & haven't moved to the BDs yet)
Old 20-07-2010, 01:28   #3028
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

I've not seen all of the LOTR movies, I've seen the first 2, and about an hour of the third one. I once watched all of the Star Wars movies over a day or 2, that was fun. I watched the originals first.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2010, 01:47   #3029
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Sherlock Holmes (Robert Downey Jnr version) I really enjoyed it 7/10
Jimmy-J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2010, 08:47   #3030
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Toy Story 3 - 9/10.

Excellent fun, and quite emotional at points.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote