Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 15-05-2010, 23:24   #2986
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age
re: Rate the last movie you saw

Four Lions - 9/10

left the cinema 20 minutes ago, sides literally still hurt from laughing so much! It's extremely funny

Saw it at my local Picture House where we saw Iron Man 2 last week. Interestingly that was in small screen last week, and tonight Robin Hood is in small screen while Four Lions continues in large screen! Four Lions was popular than Iron man 2 last week as well.
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-05-2010, 20:37   #2987
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Four Lions

8/10. Very funny.

Sleepy Hollow

9/10. My all-time favourite Tim Burton movie.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2010, 00:20   #2988
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

"War Of The Worlds" was on TV tonight.

To start with it looked like it was set in the 1970's until they showed a TV and a mobile phone, and then I just thought it was average.

4/10

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2010, 02:30   #2989
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Robin Hood (2010) - 3/10

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2010, 18:08   #2990
Bluffdemon
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Phone and 50Mb BB , Tivo \m/
Bluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the rough

the book of eli 9/10 good movie
Bluffdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 00:25   #2991
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
"War Of The Worlds" was on TV tonight.

To start with it looked like it was set in the 1970's until they showed a TV and a mobile phone, and then I just thought it was average.

4/10
I watched it too, but I disagree with your assessment. I give it 8/10. It was very well shot, although it didn't keep to the storyline, the script was sympathetic to Wells's vision. It would have been very difficult to relate to everything that Wells had written, to compare it the modern world.

The strongest aspect to the movie's power, was that it concentrated more on the experiences and relationships of Ray Ferrier and his family and less on the aliens who were invading their lives. The fact that little was seen of the invaders and their machines, added to the tension, as much that the viewer was more concerned with what happened to the Ferrier family, than the world they lived in.
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 00:36   #2992
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Is that the one with Tom Cruise?

I couldn't stand it. I thought Cruise's character was utterly unsympathetic, & I couldn't stand his irritating children. I actually found myself routing for the aliens...
Old 24-05-2010, 02:07   #2993
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

44 Inch Chest 7/10. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2010, 21:58   #2994
CycoSymz
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview HD
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal

Paranormal Activity - 5/10

I thought it was rather slow going. Didn't think much of the ending (all 3 of them).

I've got 2 GCSE's. 1 in Biology and 1 in Metalwork...If you want your cat welding then I'm your man.
CycoSymz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2010, 22:54   #2995
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

A Fistfull of Dollars

For a Few Dollars More

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

(All on BD)

Classics
Old 21-06-2010, 21:19   #2996
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

Knowing

nice concept, effects were good, shame Nicholas Cage was in it - he's sooooo crap.

6.5/10
Old 21-06-2010, 21:39   #2997
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

the mask 10/10 was on tv the orther day and i not seen it in ages does any 1 know if they ever brought out the mask 2
wwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2010, 21:50   #2998
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by idi banashapan View Post
Knowing

nice concept, effects were good, shame Nicholas Cage was in it - he's sooooo crap.

6.5/10

I thought it wasn't that bad... until the ending rendered the rest of the movie pointless.
Old 29-06-2010, 00:33   #2999
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Solomon Kane

7.5/10

James Purefoy kicks demon-ass.
Old 29-06-2010, 11:06   #3000
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

First Blood 8/10 Sly at his best before the sequels became really silly.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote