Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 05-03-2010, 21:51   #2911
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star
re: Rate the last movie you saw

From Paris with Love 9.5/10 Travolta at his best
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2010, 22:40   #2912
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

The Invention of Lying - 7/10.

Not too predictable, but a bit too much blatant product placement for my liking (Bud, Sharpies, Pizza Hut, K-Swiss).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:28   #2913
Dukefever
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV, XL BB, M Phone, 1GB Tivo + V HD box (Premiere)
Dukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about them

District 9 - 8/10 Had been meaning to watch this for a while. Loved the documentary style directing.

Duke
Dukefever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 16:07   #2914
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Alice in Wonderland 3D - 8/10

I thought it was excellent. Johnny Depp was excellent as Hatter. It would of been awesome to have seen Chester and the Tweedles more, cause they didn't seem to be in it much and if they were then the chances are they had no lines.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 16:15   #2915
zing_deleted

I went to see that also and would agree with your score
Old 06-03-2010, 16:58   #2916
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Deja Vu - 7/10
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 18:31   #2917
Niles Crane
Inactive

Niles Crane has reached the bronze age
Niles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze age

District 9 - 9/10.
Niles Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 18:37   #2918
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one

Hot Chicks.

Don't know if we can give a negative score, but it has to be -10/10.

Truly the worst movie I have ever seen and I've seen some bad ones.
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 20:54   #2919
zing_deleted

Percy Jackson and the Olympians ,The lightning thief . Those who read the book do not like it but I aint read the book and I liked it
Old 06-03-2010, 21:07   #2920
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Abit like Harry Potter then?
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 21:16   #2921
zing_deleted

yes
Old 06-03-2010, 22:50   #2922
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Be Kind Rewind 8/10 last time I saw it was at the cinema, really enjoyed watching it again, had forgotten how it is.
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 23:29   #2923
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post
Be Kind Rewind 8/10 last time I saw it was at the cinema, really enjoyed watching it again, had forgotten how it is.
I think the film would have been a lot better if they just re-recorded films all the way through, rather than turning it into a "isn't community great?' film
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 17:53   #2924
Spectato
Inactive

Services: || (XL) Broadband || (XL) Nuisance Call Hotline ||
Spectato is a splendid one to beholdSpectato is a splendid one to beholdSpectato is a splendid one to beholdSpectato is a splendid one to beholdSpectato is a splendid one to beholdSpectato is a splendid one to beholdSpectato is a splendid one to beholdSpectato is a splendid one to beholdSpectato is a splendid one to behold

Ghost Town (2008)

Felt like I was watching 'The Invention Of Lying' again.
Everything I see with Gervais in makes me like him a bit less.....

5 out of 10
Spectato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 22:02   #2925
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Legion: 5/10. Quite an enjoyable film, with some good acting. Particularly from Paul Bettany (who is wonderfully creepy as the Angel Micheal) and Lucas Black (who was excellent as the boy, Caleb, in American Gothic and is proving to be a good actor given good material).

Spoiler: 
In fact the main thing that bothers me is that they tell us God wants to kill the unborn child of a pregnant character without explaining either why he wants to do this or why he doesn't simply induce a miscarriage.

---------- Post added at 22:02 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectato View Post
Ghost Town (2008)

Felt like I was watching 'The Invention Of Lying' again.
Everything I see with Gervais in makes me like him a bit less.....

5 out of 10
I got the same experience with John Grisham books a few years back. I loved them until I read three together (one after the other), and realised they are all basically about the heroic lawyer who takes on either the authorities or corporate america on behalf of the little guy and wins.

I am not saying Ricky Gervais does that, but I suspect that if you watch too much of his stuff, it will feel a little samey.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote