Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky Services Chat

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Sky Services Chat

Old 01-03-2012, 22:03   #61
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Sky Services Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexDiamond View Post
I now have Anytime+ showing in MySky so have to wait for it to show up on my stb.
How have you got your STB connected ? Wireless , Homeplug or Ethernet.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2012, 22:16   #62
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
How have you got your STB connected ? Wireless , Homeplug or Ethernet.
I'm using a Netgear wifi adapter.
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 22:24   #63
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I now have Anytime+ showing in MySky so have to wait for it to show up on my stb.
Quote:
I'm using a Netgear wifi adapter.
Have you checked everything is ok by going to Settings - Network
Old 01-03-2012, 22:54   #64
LexDiamond
Inactive

LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Have you checked everything is ok by going to Settings - Network
My local and service connection are on, I have an IP address and DHCP is o so I think all is fine with the adapter and connection.

Edit: Its on. Wasn't expecting S1of Boatdwalk Empire and Borgias to be on there
Old 01-03-2012, 23:12   #65
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
My local and service connection are on, I have an IP address and DHCP is o so I think all is fine with the adapter and connection.

Yep some decent shows this month
http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/anytime-plus/whats-on/
Old 01-03-2012, 23:17   #66
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:

They'd better still be there when Sky open it up for other ISPs. Are they available in HD?
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 23:24   #67
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
They'd better still be there when Sky open it up for other ISPs. Are they available in HD?
Very little entertainment content on Anytime+ is in HD , on the Sky help forum they reckon it will start to get added , Sky One stuff being first.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:42   #68
LexDiamond
Inactive

That's for your help with set up MM

Downloaded S1 of Boardwalk Empire over night and the Netgear wifi adapter seems to work a treat.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:05   #69
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
That's for your help with set up MM

Downloaded S1 of Boardwalk Empire over night and the Netgear wifi adapter seems to work a treat.
No probs glad your up and running , strange thing with Boardwalk Empire , if you press Red and go into Anytime hit your left arrow and highlight channels , then select Sky Atlantic it lists Boardwalk Empire in HD also , although certain episodes appear to be missing.
Old 02-03-2012, 20:46   #70
LexDiamond
Inactive

Quote:
No probs glad your up and running , strange thing with Boardwalk Empire , if you press Red and go into Anytime hit your left arrow and highlight channels , then select Sky Atlantic it lists Boardwalk Empire in HD also , although certain episodes appear to be missing.
I saw that too and was surprised because on the Sky forum they said there would be little HD outside of movies and even when it did arrive it would be Sky 1 shows mostly.
Old 04-03-2012, 22:54   #71
LexDiamond
Inactive

Just checked and the HD file for Boardwalk Empire has all episodes included.
Old 07-03-2012, 18:56   #72
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Just checked and the HD file for Boardwalk Empire has all episodes included.
Yep same here now
Old 07-03-2012, 19:58   #73
LexDiamond
Inactive

I'm not 100% sure as I have not had Anytime+ too long, but general browsing seems to show a lot more HD content in tv shows than when I first joined.
Old 07-03-2012, 20:03   #74
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I'm not 100% sure as I have not had Anytime+ too long, but general browsing seems to show a lot more HD content in tv shows than when I first joined.
Yes there is more , how long did yours take to come on from connecting the box up ?
Old 07-03-2012, 20:16   #75
LexDiamond
Inactive

It was approximately two hours between connecting the stb and then receiving the message that it is connected to the internet to seeing Anytime+ on my stb.