Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New Pick 'n' Mix option TV bundles

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

New Pick 'n' Mix option TV bundles

Old 03-06-2019, 23:29   #121
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: New Pick 'n' Mix option TV bundles

So in future if I want 200mb broadband maxit tv I HAVE to take a mobile 2gig sim also?

Why isn't 350mb BB on the list has it been discontinued?

Talk about bloody confusing.
Old 03-06-2019, 23:55   #122
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
2GB isnt enough for many people, cant they get a better SIM?
Yes
Attached Images
File Type: png oomph.PNG (183.8 KB, 44 views)
Old 04-06-2019, 14:09   #123
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
So in future if I want 200mb broadband maxit tv I HAVE to take a mobile 2gig sim also?
To be fair, I'd guess where a bundle includes a mobile SIM, there won't be an option for CS to not send one. But what you do with it...

I can only presume VM want to get their mobile-base up which you can't blame them for. But I can't be the only one for whom V-Mobile isn't a viable option - I'd guess putting the SIM into a drawer and leaving it, would be the obvious solution.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 14:25   #124
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Indeed, there seems to be a lot of packages that force a SIM on to you.

I would consider a SIM deal but my VM deal runs out in 3 months and my mobile contract runs out next July. It just doesn't work for me.

I'll need to see which new package is closest to the old VIP, I'm yet to find it out of that list
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 15:40   #125
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
I'll need to see which new package is closest to the old VIP, I'm yet to find it out of that list
The only one is the Ultimate Oomph bundle.

The VIP bundles have always been designed to be the top of everything available. So that now includes a mobile SIM.
Old 04-06-2019, 19:18   #126
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

I'm currently on Full House with 200mb internet, talk weekends and one extra TiVo V6 which I'm currently charged £81.50 (not including discounts). For the same package on the new Bigger Bundle works out at £95.50 on the website (including the extra £5 for the kids channels as I have young kids and I wnat an easier life )

An extra £14 per month for the new version of the same package seems a bit steep to me or is there something wrong with the pricing when personalising a bundle?
djmagnifique is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 20:20   #127
batchain
cf.addict

batchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
No. You can upgrade your broadband without taking a SIM.
Quote:
Why isn't 350mb BB on the list has it been discontinued?
You can add that too, again without taking a SIM

---------- Post added at 19:20 ---------- Previous post was at 19:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Indeed, there seems to be a lot of packages that force a SIM on to you.
Only one - Ultimate Oomph (formerly V.VIP). All the other bundles are SIM Free unless you opt for a BB boost + SIM.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles
batchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 09:57   #128
PtolemyIV
cf.member

PtolemyIV is an unknown quantity at this point

I have two VM contracts both expiring end of this month - one VIP (with extra V6 boxes) and one standard bundle. Interestingly they refused to offer me any deal on the standard bundle - said I had to wait till contract had ended.
For the VIP one I switched to the ultimate oomph plus an extra V6 box, and they offered that package for 101.50. Not too bad considering it includes 3 V6 boxes.
Awful naming changes aside, good to see new customers not getting preferential treatment for once.
PtolemyIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2019, 11:03   #129
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

I was browsing the Virgin Media website and I can't really see any clear mention of the Genre Bundle add-ons now. Ending up confused and frustrated is quite a feat when I'm a long time customer who is very familiar with their services.

It's not, in theory, a difficult thing to simply lay out all they offer, but they have somehow managed it.

VM need to urgently completely redo their website. It's not even clear what services options they offer these days. A complete mess of non-information. Continually feel like I'm going round in circles trying to get clear, simple answers.

Given the latter used to be point of Virgin-branded services entering their respective markets, I'm amazed it got this bad.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2019, 11:15   #130
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Personal Picks available on top of Mixit TV are all listed here

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bun...ndle-and-picks

And they are then listed again in the basket.
Old 23-07-2019, 11:27   #131
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Personal Picks available on top of Mixit TV are all listed here

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bun...ndle-and-picks

And they are then listed again in the basket.
Thanks BenMcr.

That I couldn't get to that page shows how badly the website is designed these days though.
Old 23-07-2019, 11:37   #132
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future

There is also a link at the bottom of the Channel Guide that leads to this page https://www.virginmedia.com/content/...Picks_2019.pdf
newapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2019, 12:06   #133
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by newapollo View Post
There is also a link at the bottom of the Channel Guide that leads to this page https://www.virginmedia.com/content/...Picks_2019.pdf
Thanks.

The problem with both the Channel Guide and the Personal Picks PDF are that they aren't in the Sales part of the website, they are in the Virgin TV Edit section, for existing customers.

New customers and existing customers who don't know about the Virgin TV Edit area of the website are going to end up going elsewhere, or ordering services they didn't intend to.
Old 23-07-2019, 12:32   #134
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future

There is also a personal Pick link as a new customer when selecting build your own bundle https://store.virginmedia.com/configure-your-bundle
newapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2019, 13:02   #135
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by newapollo View Post
There is also a personal Pick link as a new customer when selecting build your own bundle https://store.virginmedia.com/configure-your-bundle
I appreciate the help. VM should have all the information in plain sight though.