Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Movie news, trivia and other snippets

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Movie news, trivia and other snippets

Old 20-01-2019, 18:01   #1
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Movie news, trivia and other snippets

I have been wanting to start this thread for a while because everyone now and come I come across little snippets of information I want to share with people and it can be hard to find an appropriate thread to squeeze it into and it isn't worth starting a new one.

Last week Aquaman hit $1bn at the cinema which is an achievement in itself let alone for the DC movie universe. I am pleased it has done well because I thought it was good but I didn't think it was a $1bn movie. To put things into context my favourite film last year was Ready Player One and it only made $579m and very annoyingly Venom which I thought was cack did $850m. I wish I could switch them around and give Ready Player One $1bn, Aquaman $850m and knock Venom right down to something like $300m. We know at $850m they are going to bang out another two and make a trilogy. At least I'll know not to watch them next time.

Last edited by General Maximus; 20-01-2019 at 19:38.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-01-2019, 19:03   #2
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Movie news, trivia and other snippets

People’s tastes differ- that’s what makes life (and films) interesting.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2019, 19:27   #3
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I know but sometimes I think things would be better if we were all borg, I was the Borg King and everyone had to like what I liked.

If anyone is interested here are the top 20 for last year. I am glad to see Antman, Deadpool 2 and Mission Impossible doing well. The only other film I really enjoyed and isn't up there is The Darkest Hour but I suppose that is more of a Brit thing. It only did $150m of which $32m was in the UK which is impressive.

Last edited by General Maximus; 20-01-2019 at 19:37.
Old 20-01-2019, 21:54   #4
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I know but sometimes I think things would be better if we were all borg, I was the Borg King and everyone had to like what I liked.

If anyone is interested here are the top 20 for last year. I am glad to see Antman, Deadpool 2 and Mission Impossible doing well. The only other film I really enjoyed and isn't up there is The Darkest Hour but I suppose that is more of a Brit thing. It only did $150m of which $32m was in the UK which is impressive.

Some very good films there general but there are some excellent films which don't achieve much at the box office yet that does not make them a poor film as with films its all in the eye of the beholder as tastes can differ considerably.
Old 21-01-2019, 04:01   #5
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I saw all of the top 5 last year.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2019, 11:34   #6
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

I’ve seen the top 12, just not got round to Aquaman yet, as I’ve had conflicting reports from family about it.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2019, 10:36   #7
General Maximus
Ran Away

me too apart from Fantastic Beasts, I am not interested.

Aquaman is defo worth a watch if you watch any of the DC stuff. I think it is just as good as Wonder Woman minus the babe.
Old 25-01-2019, 19:40   #8
General Maximus
Ran Away

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/t...prequel-movie/

A Soprano's prequel movie is in the works and James Gandolfino's real life will be playing the younger version of him in the film.
Old 25-01-2019, 22:04   #9
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/t...prequel-movie/

A Soprano's prequel movie is in the works and James Gandolfino's real life will be playing the younger version of him in the film.
Lets hope it turns out as good as the series.
Old 25-01-2019, 22:15   #10
General Maximus
Ran Away

Never seen it
Old 25-01-2019, 22:22   #11
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Never seen it
A superb series which you must see in time.
Old 26-01-2019, 15:10   #12
General Maximus
Ran Away

it is weird, I can remember it being in its prime when I was at uni and I didn't have the time to watch it at the time because I was already in to Alias, SG1, Smallville and whatever else. Over the years when I have thought about it and wanted to give it a go something else has always come along which has put it on the back burner. Atm for example I am up to date with my tv viewing but watching season 2 of The Punisher last week has put me back a week and I am conscious of the fact that there are only 78 days till season 8 of GoT airs and Endgame is out soon too. I want to watch all the Marvel movies again in the run up to Endgame and I have booked the week off work in the run up to 14th April so I can have a GoT marathon and hopefully watch one season a day in time for the season 8 premiere. Ideally I would like to hold on till season 8 finishes so I can watch the whole lot in one go but I get way too excited and I know my patience wouldn't hold out.
Old 01-02-2019, 19:53   #13
General Maximus
Ran Away

This is very good if you have seen Aquaman and the other DC movies (and keep up with the HISHE narrative)

Old 06-02-2019, 14:27   #14
General Maximus
Ran Away

A new Marvel MCU movie is in the works and introduces a new Asian superhero called Shang-chi. I got the info from SFX here is another article if you are interested. It will be good to have another kick ass hero on screen (similar to the Punisher) while we wait for the Black Widow film to come out.
Old 22-02-2019, 22:27   #15
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Next James Bond film's working title revealed?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47333723

Quote:
It says shooting on the latest instalment of the spy saga will start at Pinewood Studios on 6 April.