Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Child grooming gang found guilty

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Child grooming gang found guilty

Old 22-06-2012, 16:25   #211
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Re: Child grooming gang found guilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Do you not accept there was not at least an element of race in this considering none of the gang members were white?
The original feelings and arguments was that this had to be a race crime because all the victims were white. I'm simply pointing out that it has now been proven that not all the victims were white. My argument all along has been that these scumbags preyed on vunerable girls.

Yes all the gang members were asian (from similar if not the same community background) but I do not think they were racially motivated in their choice of targets. I would say that they probably white girls (or non asian girls) were seen as an easier target because they could be exploited with drink, drugs, or because they came from worse backgrounds. Rochdale has a big asian population that is mainly muslim so maybe they were less vunerable to be exploited by alcohol and drugs. This is slightly different from picking girls simply because they were white.

I also do not think that this asian victim is the only asian girl they raped. I think others will not come out due to the cultural pressures that they might feel they will be under.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-06-2012, 16:28   #212
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo View Post
Interestingly enough no one has pointed out that the last victim of this gang to come forward (ii.e. the 17 year old that Khan systematically raped) and who's evidence was instrumental in sentencing him, is in fact Asian. Kind of blows the argument that this Pakistani gang only preyed on white girls and were racially motivated slightly out of the water does it not?

As I said before - gangs like this prey on vunerable people. I expect there will have been other girls who have not come forward - who will not just be from white backgrounds.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...onviction.html

---------- Post added at 15:12 ---------- Previous post was at 15:09 ----------
The reason it was a separate trial was that the victim was not connected to the grooming gang activity, it was all down to him alone. Your argument is therefore, of course, false. The grooming victims still don't appear to include any Asians. The Asian victim wasn't raped by the others, but by just this one person.
Quote:
Yesterday the court in the new case heard he repeatedly raped and sexually abused a young Asian girl for more than a decade, treating her as a 'possession' to use for his own sexual gratification.

nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2012, 16:33   #213
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
The original feelings and arguments was that this had to be a race crime because all the victims were white. I'm simply pointing out that it has now been proven that not all the victims were white. My argument all along has been that these scumbags preyed on vunerable girls.

Yes all the gang members were asian (from similar if not the same community background) but I do not think they were racially motivated in their choice of targets. I would say that they probably white girls (or non asian girls) were seen as an easier target because they could be exploited with drink, drugs, or because they came from worse backgrounds. Rochdale has a big asian population that is mainly muslim so maybe they were less vunerable to be exploited by alcohol and drugs. This is slightly different from picking girls simply because they were white.

I also do not think that this asian victim is the only asian girl they raped. I think others will not come out due to the cultural pressures that they might feel they will be under.
I come from the angle of it was clearly a race-related crime as all the men were Asian. Actually I could be wrong, I think perhaps one or two were Iraqi/Saudi or something? Either way none of the men were white.

Now obviously I'm not stupid enough to suggest that white-British men do not commit these types of crimes.

But in this case, it cannot be denied that the police have not charged any white-British men with anything. There must be a reason why they kept it within their own races. On this basis I say race played a massive part in the case.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2012, 16:35   #214
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
The reason it was a separate trial was that the victim was not connected to the grooming gang activity, it was all down to him alone. Your argument is therefore, of course, false. The grooming victims still don't appear to include any Asians. The Asian victim wasn't raped by the others, but by just this one person.
I'd argue that the reason it was a separate trial is because as far as I am aware, the victim came forward after the grooming trial. Similarly if a girl came forward now in relation to the grooming case it would be a spearate trial.

Are you saying that no more victims of the original grooming trial exist? And if they come forward they wont be treated as new trials?

Raaping someone for almost 15 years has quite a strong indication of grooming does it not? He also let other people have sex with her/forced her to have sex with other people.
Old 22-06-2012, 16:36   #215
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

That's what I was going to point out nomad

and why weren't there any white men in their gang?
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2012, 16:42   #216
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Quote:
I come from the angle of it was clearly a race-related crime as all the men were Asian. Actually I could be wrong, I think perhaps one or two were Iraqi/Saudi or something? Either way none of the men were white.

Now obviously I'm not stupid enough to suggest that white-British men do not commit these types of crimes.

But in this case, it cannot be denied that the police have no charged any white-British men with anything. There must be a reason why they kept it within their own races. On this basis I say race played a massive part in the case.
If all of the victims were white, then you could have an argument. The facts are we don't know if all of the victims were white as there could be a lot that haven't come forward. My understanding of a racially motivate crime is that the victim is off a different race. In this case we know that the ring lleader has raped/groomed girls both white and asian - so I can't see him purely motivated by race.

I think there will be asian girls who have been raped by these guys, as there will be many other white girls who have still not come forward. What I think needs to be done is the stigma associated with rape needs to be addressed in asian communities. It happens - rape is not only carried out on english white girls, and the sooner and their respective communities accept this then we will be seeing more asians behind bars for rape.
Old 22-06-2012, 16:46   #217
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
If all of the victims were white, then you could have an argument. The facts are we don't know if all of the victims were white as there could be a lot that haven't come forward. My understanding of a racially motivate crime is that the victim is off a different race. In this case we know that the ring lleader has raped/groomed girls both white and asian - so I can't see him purely motivated by race.
You're missing my point. I'm not calling this a 'racially motivated crime'. I'm suggesting there must be a racial element involved if all the members are Asian. There surely must be a reason why no white men were part of that gang. I say it's based on race - mainly because nobody else seems able to offer an alternative.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 22-06-2012, 16:47   #218
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
I'd argue that the reason it was a separate trial is because as far as I am aware, the victim came forward after the grooming trial. Similarly if a girl came forward now in relation to the grooming case it would be a spearate trial.

Are you saying that no more victims of the original grooming trial exist? And if they come forward they wont be treated as new trials?

Raaping someone for almost 15 years has quite a strong indication of grooming does it not? He also let other people have sex with her/forced her to have sex with other people.
Where does it say that? He was the only one charged with raping her. She told the police after the grooming investigation started, not after the trial started.
Quote:
"We already knew Ahmed was an integral part of the Rochdale grooming case - now we can also say his horrific campaign of abuse began many years ago with the systematic rape of this one victim," she said.
How would things like alcohol feature in a girl that young.
Quote:
She said she couldn't remember how old she was the first time Ahmed raped her, but she knew she was so young she still had to stand on a chair to reach the sink.
Quote:
He told the jury that fellow Pakistanis would regard him as having “infested” their community by sleeping with a white girl. “It’s not just them who are racist. We are racist too”.
Quote:
Ahmed blamed the white community for allowing teenage girls to go around unsupervised, so that at a young age they were “trained” in both sex and drinking.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2012, 16:55   #219
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

I wonder what the wider Asian community would've concluded had an entirely white gang been convicted of grooming and raping an exclusively Asian group of young girls.

I don't think this was an entirely racially motivated crime any more than I think all Pakistani men (or men of any other nationality for that matter) are abusers and/or paedophiles but for me there's no doubt that rthe acial element in this crime was overhwleming. That of course doesn't exclude the possibility that some of these men were also involved in other cases of abuse for other reasons and involving their own communities.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2012, 17:11   #220
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Interestingly enough a lot of the girls that were raped were 'supplied' by one of the victims who was now getting paid a finders fee for each girl she bought back to the gang.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-unfolded.html

Meanwhile Honey Monster was busily at work finding a steady supply of other girls for the gang to rape, in return for a finder's fee of up to £200 per girl.
One of the abusers, Abdul Rauf, 43, once told her not to take a "little" girl because she was too young, but Honey Monster ignored him, saying another girl had moved away and "the men wanted new girls".
She would later escape prosecution because she, too, had been abused and was seen as a victim who had lost all sense of right and wrong.

This could also be seen as a reason to why the victims were white - she would have probably been going to her own commuinty first and foremost, talking to girls she new and assocaited wth.

My argument is that everything should be taken into account before saying that this case is all about race. It's not - it's about the exploitation of vunerable girls/women. The fact that all the ones that have come forward are white does not mean that these guys did not rape asian girls either. It's more than likely that they have got away with that because of the stigmas and cultural pressures I spoke of earlier.
Old 22-06-2012, 18:00   #221
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
My argument is that everything should be taken into account before saying that this case is all about race. It's not - it's about the exploitation of vunerable girls/women. The fact that all the ones that have come forward are white does not mean that these guys did not rape asian girls either. It's more than likely that they have got away with that because of the stigmas and cultural pressures I spoke of earlier.
Does that include the fact that all the men were Asian?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 22-06-2012, 18:09   #222
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
You're missing my point. I'm not calling this a 'racially motivated crime'. I'm suggesting there must be a racial element involved if all the members are Asian. There surely must be a reason why no white men were part of that gang. I say it's based on race - mainly because nobody else seems able to offer an alternative.
But sometimes all the people in a case are white, doesn't mean there is a racial element. It's just that these people clearly kept within their circle and there circle came from the same community.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2012, 18:10   #223
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
The original feelings and arguments was that this had to be a race crime because all the victims were white.
ERM no ,the reason it is widely reported as a race crime is because the defendants said it was motivated by race both to the police upon arrest and the judge during the trial.The judge may think different but i tend to believe the defendants when they say it was racially motivated .
Old 22-06-2012, 18:14   #224
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
But sometimes all the people in a case are white, doesn't mean there is a racial element. It's just that these people clearly kept within their circle and there circle came from the same community.
However in this case all the men were Asian. If they chose to keep it within their own community then a) they created the racial element by doing so and b) questions need to be asked as to why others in that community did not take action sooner.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 22-06-2012, 18:14   #225
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
ERM no ,the reason it is widely reported as a race crime is because the defendants said it was motivated by race both to the police upon arrest and the judge during the trial.The judge may think different but i tend to believe the defendants when they say it was racially motivated .
It was reported as a racial crime because it seemed to be an entirely Asian gang focusing on white girls. There is now evidence that partly explains that, one of the victims was finding other girls, and a victim came forward that was Asian.

I am not saying there were no issues within the respective communities but that's different to race.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote