Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New offer from Virgin

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

New offer from Virgin

Old 30-05-2019, 18:58   #1
007stuart
cf.addict

Services: TIVO V6 Meg Service TV XL Virgin Phone Home & Mobile My wife says I have too many SONOS units
007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute
New offer from Virgin

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2019...-home-service/

For those who get an invite there will be a range of options available, including a three-pod Plume package for £6 per month.
007stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-05-2019, 20:39   #2
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: New offer from Virgin

So they are saying that the shub3 has hopeless coverage indoors, so we have to pay to improve it?
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2019, 20:46   #3
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
So they are saying that the shub3 has hopeless coverage indoors, so we have to pay to improve it?
To be fair i would expect that is fact for all home ISP equipment.
Old 02-06-2019, 03:43   #4
copernob
cf.addict

copernob is an unknown quantity at this point

So like a few other tecky stuff they found a way to Spy on you. I'll stick to my power plugs.
copernob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:32   #5
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernob View Post
So like a few other tecky stuff they found a way to Spy on you. I'll stick to my power plugs.
Not sure how you came to the spying conclusion from this thread.
Old 02-06-2019, 12:29   #6
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Not an option for us folk on modem-only mode. No problem, because most folk with their own routers have found their own WiFi coverage solutions.

However, optimum WiFi coverage around the home is a big selling point atm, with BT insisting that their product is the best! Maybe so, but no stand-alone WiFi hub is going to cover the average-sized or larger home. Some boosting arrangement is required be it Asus Aimesh, Asus Lyra, power plugs etc

It makes sense, therefore, that Virgin bring out their own arrangement that may out-gun anything any other ISP can offer. In the long run they need to sell it as standard, at no extra cost, in all their packages, otherwise, as Taf has suggested, we are paying extra for a service we should already have.
roughbeast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 03:15   #7
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

I got the V. Vip package last week with 500mb and spent 90 minutes with tech guys as I can only reach 360mb also the free sim I was going to use as I just ended my contract with virgin mobile I was told I can't swap my number over ( which I was told I can when swapping over package) so don't know what to do i even got a spare v6 box which I'll never use as only have 1 TV in the house anyone else having problems?
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 22:52   #8
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob King View Post
I got the V. Vip package last week with 500mb and spent 90 minutes with tech guys as I can only reach 360mb also the free sim I was going to use as I just ended my contract with virgin mobile I was told I can't swap my number over ( which I was told I can when swapping over package) so don't know what to do i even got a spare v6 box which I'll never use as only have 1 TV in the house anyone else having problems?
No problems. I'm getting 550+ Mb downstream consistently 24/7 and 36Mb upstream. My SIM retained the existing number by request.

Everything was set up by an on-shore call centre where each operative is trained to deal with all aspects of your bundle + mobile, activation etc. I got the cheapest deal of £99 for one year even though I am an existing customer.

BTW Are you connected by ethernet when you do your speed test?
Old 04-06-2019, 23:25   #9
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
No problems. I'm getting 550+ Mb downstream consistently 24/7 and 36Mb upstream. My SIM retained the existing number by request.

Everything was set up by an on-shore call centre where each operative is trained to deal with all aspects of your bundle + mobile, activation etc. I got the cheapest deal of £99 for one year even though I am an existing customer.

BTW Are you connected by ethernet when you do your speed test?
I am using my wired laptop to the modem, spoke with virgin media Monday and I asked them to send a new modem out even thou they say there's nothing wrong with it will get it Wednesday so will update then the guy said its possible to change my current sim to the unlimited package as I'm out of contract with virgin mobile now
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:24   #10
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Plumes wifi specs:

AC2100 Gigabit Wi-Fi (300 + 1733 Mbps)

Same as the BT discs
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 19:52   #11
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob King View Post
I am using my wired laptop to the modem, spoke with virgin media Monday and I asked them to send a new modem out even thou they say there's nothing wrong with it will get it Wednesday so will update then the guy said its possible to change my current sim to the unlimited package as I'm out of contract with virgin mobile now
Other possibilities for low speed test results are that your laptop processor is struggling with the test itself. Does your speed reading fluctuate markedly during the test? That could be a sign of a struggling processor.

Have you tried a file download speed test? Try this one.

https://speed.hetzner.de/

I download 1Gb in 16 seconds. Which is about what I would expect with a 500Mb connection.

Last edited by roughbeast; 05-06-2019 at 19:55.