Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 29-05-2020, 08:48   #9721
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
I only wondered because I thought the Premier league had said ALL games would be free to air?

---------- Post added at 22:33 ---------- Previous post was at 22:31 ----------

Virgin channel 165 I believe for Pick channel

No - it said all matches would be televised, some of them would be free to air.

BBC have 4 live matches, Sky are showing 25 matches free to air on Pick TV.

Thanks for the info re Pick - not sure how I missed that when flicking through the channels.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-05-2020, 11:12   #9722
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I don't see why BT should make games available free to air. They bid, in good faith, on the EPL delivering a product. A product they now propose to dilute by putting further games to other broadcasters - both subscription and free to air.
I agree that BT,Sky and Amazon shouldn't have to offer any games free to all but as a good will gesture it would be nice of them. It's not like they will lose any money over it as I doubt very much people will be rushing to subscribe now the seasons are nearly over. Free to air gives a possible bigger audiance and possibly increase in advertising revenue. Another thing worth taking in mind is the lack of atmosphere due to no fans. Games often take on the look and feel of a friendly. My personal feeling is Bt,Sky and Amazon should take it on the chin and put all games out for free. Just my opinion guys.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2020, 11:39   #9723
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I don't see why BT should make games available free to air. They bid, in good faith, on the EPL delivering a product. A product they now propose to dilute by putting further games to other broadcasters - both subscription and free to air.
I think the government has leaned on them - country's morale, keep people at home instead of all congregating at a friend's who has a subscription.
In return, I believe they get to show more matches don't they?
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2020, 12:15   #9724
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I think the government has leaned on them - country's morale, keep people at home instead of all congregating at a friend's who has a subscription.
In return, I believe they get to show more matches don't they?

I think all games being televised is because there will be no crowd.

The free to air option agreed by Sky is reasonable, not sure if BT are doing similar with their extra games (and if not why not?).

Not at all sure why Amazon are getting 4 extra games unless they will be freely available as they are not due any more games this season.

The BBC getting 4 games is obviously so anyone without access to sky/BT platforms can see some football.
Old 29-05-2020, 12:23   #9725
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

BT don't have a Free-To-Air channel anymore. Sky own Pick TV and it's been used for sports freebies in the past.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2020, 15:29   #9726
telegramsam
telegramsam

telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

I've always thought it odd that BT haven't got a channel on Freeview anymore. Sky use their Pick channel well as a barker channel and I'm sure BT could do likewise if managed right.
Old 29-05-2020, 15:49   #9727
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
BT don't have a Free-To-Air channel anymore. Sky own Pick TV and it's been used for sports freebies in the past.
BT might just pop the odd game on their YouTube channel like they do with the Champions League and Europa League finals
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2020, 17:44   #9728
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
BT might just pop the odd game on their YouTube channel like they do with the Champions League and Europa League finals
I'd forgotten about YouTube!
Old 30-05-2020, 00:10   #9729
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

i thought amazon prime didnt have anymore games to broadcast this year other? They had a round on boxing day and new years day? So they're getting bonus games even though they havent "missed out" on any of their games? Seems odd. Would have been better to give more to the bbc.

I see premier sports is free for sky customers? Has it been mentioned it it will be for virgin media?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2020, 09:06   #9730
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
i thought amazon prime didnt have anymore games to broadcast this year other? They had a round on boxing day and new years day? So they're getting bonus games even though they havent "missed out" on any of their games? Seems odd. Would have been better to give more to the bbc.

I see premier sports is free for sky customers? Has it been mentioned it it will be for virgin media?

Agreed, as I stated elsewhere - unless BBC only wanted 4.

Not heard about Freesports being free on sky or VM. I will check my sky box later.
Old 30-05-2020, 11:53   #9731
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:

From what I can gather it's LaLiga TV that is free for a month on Sky. You have to sign up to get the offer so I don't think the channel is being made available to everyone across the board. Essentially it's a months free trial.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2020, 13:16   #9732
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Agreed, as I stated elsewhere - unless BBC only wanted 4.

Not heard about Freesports being free on sky or VM. I will check my sky box later.
Freesports is always free, hence the name. I'd imagine you meant their parent Premier Sports.
Old 30-05-2020, 13:48   #9733
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:

There might be some kind of clause in their contract that awards Amazon more games if BT and Sky are awarded more.
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2020, 14:13   #9734
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
There might be some kind of clause in their contract that awards Amazon more games if BT and Sky are awarded more.
Anyone know what games Amazon will get?
Old 30-05-2020, 14:15   #9735
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Anyone know what games Amazon will get?
Not currently.