Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Election 2019 - Week 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Election 2019 - Week 4
View Poll Results: Your voting intention at this stage of the campaign
Labour 11 25.58%
Conservative 19 44.19%
Liberal Democrat 3 6.98%
UKIP 0 0%
Brexit 3 6.98%
Green 0 0%
Change UK 0 0%
Plaid Cymru 0 0%
SNP 1 2.33%
Irish Nationalist 1 2.33%
Irish unionist 0 0%
Other 1 2.33%
Abstaining 2 4.65%
Ineligible 0 0%
Undecided 2 4.65%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 29-11-2019, 14:11   #31
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Election 2019 - Week 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
The Jewish ex-Labour MPs would disagree with you. The Chief Rabbi disagrees with you. Corbyn wouldn't apologise and Corbyn has openly supported terrorist organisations, particularly those that want to destroy Israel.
The chief rabbi considers himself a close personal friend of Johnson, so I’m not giving that much credibility.

I can go on Twitter and find Jews supporting Labour. So I don’t think it’s as clear cut as you suggest.

Thinking the state of Israel shouldn’t exist is a legitimate political stance. Given the number of civilians they kill on a regular basis arguable peace in the Middle East would be better served without Israel.
Advertisement
Old 29-11-2019, 14:24   #32
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Week 4 and I'm still undecided.

Who should I vote for and why?
Simple: -

if you want Brexit and negotiations dragging on then vote Tory.

If you want Brexit gone, vote Lib Dem.

If you want to have a referendum over soft Brexit or Remain, vote Labour.

Be mindful of the consequences of either an outright Tory or Labour win. Hung parliament may well prevent the worse excess of either.
Old 29-11-2019, 14:27   #33
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post

Thinking the state of Israel shouldn’t exist is a legitimate political stance. Given the number of civilians they kill on a regular basis arguable peace in the Middle East would be better served without Israel.
No, it is not.

It is the kind of extremism that causes major wars. There is nothing remotely legitimate, or political, about it.

Thinking the state of Israel should not have been created is an acceptable judgment of history. I hope that’s what you were driving at. Nevertheless that view can only endure as an assessment of historical events and it absolutely cannot be used to advance the idea that a modern, democratic nation state, that participates in normal international bodies and conventions, would be better off extinct. What you consider to be virtue-signalling words on an Internet forum, others take as legitimising their desire to commit genocide.
Old 29-11-2019, 14:29   #34
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
The chief rabbi considers himself a close personal friend of Johnson, so I’m not giving that much credibility.

I can go on Twitter and find Jews supporting Labour. So I don’t think it’s as clear cut as you suggest.

And the likes of Hamas and Hezbollah don't attack anybody? The Israelis leave people alone until Israel is attacked. Perhaps Hamas should stop launching attacks and the people of Gaza should stop supporting them.
Old 29-11-2019, 14:31   #35
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Oh dear. Given that those in the region who agree with you have demonstrated that by starting at least 4 full scale wars with Israel, murdered israelis and people all over the world through terrorist activities, your esteem is lowered.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 29-11-2019, 14:35   #36
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

An apartheid state occupying Palestine and committing war crimes on a regular basis isn’t my view of a modern democratic nation state. I think it’s important to make a distinction between Jewish people and the Israeli state though, because all too often they cloud the two to stop criticism of Israel by labelling it anti Semitic. We are moving off topic so I’ll leave it there.
Old 29-11-2019, 14:37   #37
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
The Jewish ex-Labour MPs would disagree with you. The Chief Rabbi disagrees with you. Corbyn wouldn't apologise and Corbyn has openly supported terrorist organisations, particularly those that want to destroy Israel.
Strange how we are asked to forget what BJ said/did in the 80s/90s/00s as he may have matured/grown up/changed, but cannot apply the same thing to JC.

(I couldn't support JC, but it does seem to be one rule for one, and one for another - this also counts for the Islamaphobia in the Tory Party).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 29-11-2019, 14:37   #38
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
And the likes of Hamas and Hezbollah don't attack anybody? The Israelis leave people alone until Israel is attacked. Perhaps Hamas should stop launching attacks and the people of Gaza should stop supporting them.
The circle of violence continues forever without dialogue.
Old 29-11-2019, 14:38   #39
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

Source, please?

Him sending a congratulations letter to BJ on his taking up the PM post is the same thing that Macron and Tusk did, and they ain't no friends of BJ...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 30-11-2019 at 16:28.
Old 29-11-2019, 14:41   #40
nomadking
cf.mega poster

nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
The circle of violence continues forever without dialogue.
If Hamas were remotely interested in peace, they could stop the cycle easily. Israel not responding, would just produce yet more attacks from Hamas.
Old 29-11-2019, 14:45   #41
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
If Hamas were remotely interested in peace, they could stop the cycle easily. Israel not responding, would just produce yet more attacks from Hamas.
Would it?

Killing civilians only angers more families and radicalises further generations.
Old 29-11-2019, 18:16   #42
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Would it?

Killing civilians only angers more families and radicalises further generations.
Israel would have nothing they need to respond to.
Old 30-11-2019, 09:05   #43
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

In a totally boring debate on BBC last night, the Conservative has by far the better of it. Labour were lying through their teeth about the NHS.

The Tory didn’t bumble like Boris does and was totally coherent in his message.

Old 30-11-2019, 09:07   #44
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
In a totally boring debate on BBC last night, the Conservative has by far the better of it. Labour were lying through their teeth about the NHS.

The Tory didn’t bumble like Boris does and was totally coherent in his message.

He must have been.memorable, you can't even remember his name ! Better than Boris isn't setting the bar high.
Old 30-11-2019, 09:33   #45
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
He must have been.memorable, you can't even remember his name ! Better than Boris isn't setting the bar high.
Why did I need to know his name? This is Conservatives vs Labour.

Btw, it would be good to see those on this thread who have said they’ll vote Labour to identify themselves and give a valid excuse for backing an anti Semitic party. In all conscience, there should be no support for Momentum thugs and the consequences of their hatred of Jews, nor formCorbyn’s affinity with IRA and Arab terrorists.

Closed Thread