Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin moving to Vodafone in 2021

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Virgin moving to Vodafone in 2021

Old 06-11-2019, 21:33   #16
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin moving to Vodafone in 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
wifi calling?
Doesn't Virgin have WiFi calling as EE do?
Old 06-11-2019, 21:49   #17
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
No. They had the facility to make use of your inclusive landline calls via WiFi (it was called Smartcall), but they dropped it a couple of years ago.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 21:59   #18
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I wish
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 23:18   #19
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Vodafone. Reasonable coverage but crap website.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:40   #20
JMcB
cf.geek

Services: 2x 306Tivo Full TV with Movies & Sport 1000Mb BB Land Line Mobile Phone x2 (Sim Only)
JMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to JMcB

Do we have a way of comparing the 2 network services
JMcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:00   #21
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcB View Post
Do we have a way of comparing the 2 network services
You can check coverage here:-
https://store.virginmedia.com/virgin...e-checker.html
https://maps.vodafone.co.uk/coverage...ration=partner

EE (i.e. Virgin) wins over Vodafone for me.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:11   #22
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post

And me too, i only get 2 bars for outdoors only with Vodaphone, so it's bollocks.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:29   #23
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post

The VM one isn't working for some reason, but the Vodafone one says full (4 bars) for 2, 3 and 4G. Which surprised me.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:56   #24
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Working for me i get full coverage with EE.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:13   #25
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Almost certainly strategic, it removes one big obstacle to Liberty & Vodafone getting closer.

It's surprising how many people probably think that Virgin Mobile is an actual network operator, their marketing is rather good at hiding the virtual bit. Then being somewhere between surprised and upset when they get told that feature xyz isn't available.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 10:46   #26
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

I think Virgin Mobile was the first Virtual network operator in the World, they certainly were in the UK, and it's been so long since they launched most people just assume it's a proper one.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 16:17   #27
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I think Virgin Mobile was the first Virtual network operator in the World, they certainly were in the UK, and it's been so long since they launched most people just assume it's a proper one.
Indeed, and with Virgin being (rightly) reluctant to correct such things.. it just goes to show that the worst thing you can do in telecoms is to assume!!
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2019, 21:47   #28
Derekb108
Wont Give into $ky!

Services: Virgin Media TV XL, 300mb Broadband.
Derekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enough

I've got a feeling that the Vodafone deal is only the beginning, I mean why haven't we progressed to the new "Horizon" pvr yet and Christmas is coming up opon quick....
Derekb108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2019, 22:30   #29
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I guess it could pay the way for Vodafone to get tv services using VM.

Vodafone were supposed to launch a tv services 3 years ago. But it was cancelled right before launch. They had spent a lot on it and had cloud storage facilities for recordings. VM could perhaps use that.
Old 14-11-2019, 12:08   #30
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I guess it could pay the way for Vodafone to get tv services using VM.

Vodafone were supposed to launch a tv services 3 years ago. But it was cancelled right before launch. They had spent a lot on it and had cloud storage facilities for recordings. VM could perhaps use that.
Which would nicely tie in with the V6 starting to record to the cloud as has been speculated for some time. Inside the V6 it is essentially two boxes, one designed for recording to the cloud and the other bit currently used for recording.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote