Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation
Closed Thread

Old 19-04-2018, 07:01   #961
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
You claim these Congressman are being political, well you and Hugh are doing the exact same thing, Trump must be investigated but never Hillary, she is not above the law and needs to be held to account and properly investigated, not investigated in a shoddy way like prior investigations clearly have been.
Me and Hugh don’t get to decide who gets investigated in another country. My point was that politicians shouldn’t be connected to who gets investigated. I have said many times now that there should be an investigation if there is evidence to start it off. The only person who said there should not be an investigation isnyou when calling for the Russian investigation to be shut down.

Just like saying Hugh doesn’t criticise Corbyn you’re accusing me of things I never said. I don’t see the point in me continuing this thread if you’re not going to be honest.
Advertisement
Old 19-04-2018, 07:35   #962
RizzyKing

There are a lot of questions that should have been asked and answered and weren't regarding Benghazi and hillary clinton has some of those but given the cheating she was a part of during the last presidential election I don't understand how an investigation into Trump is ongoing but not one into her conduct. Both the department of justice and the F.B.I need a thorough examination and if need be restructuring to prevent the level of bias there has been in the past happening again.

Old 19-04-2018, 09:00   #963
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Me and Hugh don’t get to decide who gets investigated in another country. My point was that politicians shouldn’t be connected to who gets investigated. I have said many times now that there should be an investigation if there is evidence to start it off. The only person who said there should not be an investigation isnyou when calling for the Russian investigation to be shut down.

Just like saying Hugh doesn’t criticise Corbyn you’re accusing me of things I never said. I don’t see the point in me continuing this thread if you’re not going to be honest.
I have been as honest as can be. I do not recall accusing you of something you never said....

I have never said there should not be an investigation of Trump, I have said the investigation that has been ongoing for a long time has turned up nothing and now needs to be shut down, there is that difference. Robert Mueller clearly has nothing on Trump, he revealed two weeks ago Trump was not under any criminal investigation. He is now on a fishing expedition, going after Cohen, to squeeze him, to flip him.

---------- Post added at 09:00 ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
There are a lot of questions that should have been asked and answered and weren't regarding Benghazi and hillary clinton has some of those but given the cheating she was a part of during the last presidential election I don't understand how an investigation into Trump is ongoing but not one into her conduct. Both the department of justice and the F.B.I need a thorough examination and if need be restructuring to prevent the level of bias there has been in the past happening again.
Spot on.
Old 19-04-2018, 09:41   #964
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Have you ever been to the US Mick ?
Old 19-04-2018, 10:17   #965
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Have you ever been to the US Mick ?
Yes.
Old 19-04-2018, 17:39   #966
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.22919fe89f05
Quote:
Lawyers for President Trump’s longtime attorney Michael Cohen have withdrawn defamation lawsuits against BuzzFeed and the political research firm Fusion GPS related to a dossier that included claims Cohen helped organize Russian interference into the 2016 presidential election.

The lawsuits, withdrawn late Wednesday, would have required Cohen to submit to an evidence discovery process, forcing him to produce documentation and sworn testimony about his activities before the closely contested election.

Among other things, the dossier alleged that Cohen had traveled to Prague and met with Russian operatives. Cohen has repeatedly denied the allegation, including in a text message Thursday morning.
I wonder if this has anything to do with the speculation that the current Cohen criminal investigation provides supporting evidence that he did, in fact, visit Prague?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 19-04-2018, 18:16   #967
RizzyKing

I think the last few years have shown that there are deep disturbing aspects to the U.S political system and it doesn't matter whose running for president those aspects come into play as a matter of course. The same could be said about many western political systems there is a completely hidden layer that has far too much influence on something it shouldn't. Democracy is a wonderful ideal but more and more i wonder if it truly exists anymore as so many forces work to alter the perception of voters and seem to dictate to our elected representatives what they will do.

Old 19-04-2018, 20:16   #968
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
I think the last few years have shown that there are deep disturbing aspects to the U.S political system and it doesn't matter whose running for president those aspects come into play as a matter of course. The same could be said about many western political systems there is a completely hidden layer that has far too much influence on something it shouldn't. Democracy is a wonderful ideal but more and more i wonder if it truly exists anymore as so many forces work to alter the perception of voters and seem to dictate to our elected representatives what they will do.
Imperfect yes but superior to alternative systems like those in Venezuela, Saudi Arabia, Russia and China. The increasing interference in the US judiciary is of genuine concern, it sets a bad example to other countries.

---------- Post added at 19:25 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.22919fe89f05 I wonder if this has anything to do with the speculation that the current Cohen criminal investigation provides supporting evidence that he did, in fact, visit Prague?
Sounds like Fusion's dossier is more accurate than Trump's friends and followers care to admit.

---------- Post added at 20:16 ---------- Previous post was at 19:25 ----------

Quote:
It's best that the judiciary is kept as independent as possible and is not allowed to turn into a branch of Fox News, as alluring as that prospect might be to Trump and his followers.
Old 19-04-2018, 21:00   #969
Mick
Cable Forum Team

BREAKING: Justice Dept. watchdog sends Former Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe findings to federal prosecutors for possible charges

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/04/19/p...ral0155PMStory
Old 19-04-2018, 21:04   #970
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post

[/COLOR]
It's best that the judiciary is kept as independent as possible and is not allowed to turn into a branch of Fox News, as alluring as that prospect might be to Trump and his followers.
Rizzy hasn't mentioned the judiciary.
Old 19-04-2018, 21:07   #971
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Sounds like Fusion's dossier is more accurate than Trump's friends and followers care to admit.
It's not accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1
Well, if Hillary had have won, it would deffo have turned in to a CNN or WaPo or NYT branch for sure, it's half that already given the leaks they keep managing to obtain from "some" FBI/Obama holdovers and bent officials, illegally leaking stuff to the press.
Old 19-04-2018, 21:15   #972
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
It's not accurate.
Either something's up in the litigation-obsessed USA when people are allowed to get away with an inaccurate document or the document's more accurate than Trump and pals care to acknowledge.
Old 19-04-2018, 22:02   #973
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Either something's up in the litigation-obsessed USA when people are allowed to get away with an inaccurate document or the document's more accurate than Trump and pals care to acknowledge.
This business of Michael Cohen being in Prague came up before Trump was inaugurated. President-Elect Trump did that infamous Press conference where he attacked CNN for being Fake news (Jan 11, 2017), but it is what he said before that, saying the Michael Cohen they were on about being in Prague, was a different Michael Cohen, for reference he's a clip of that press conference...

---------- Post added at 22:02 ---------- Previous post was at 21:43 ----------

Latest and developing Story: Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein has apparently told President Trump he is not a target in Mueller Probe...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ntent=politics

https://www.axios.com/rod-rosenstein...91ec546c1.html
Old 19-04-2018, 22:29   #974
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
This business of Michael Cohen being in Prague came up before Trump was inaugurated. President-Elect Trump did that infamous Press conference where he attacked CNN for being Fake news (Jan 11, 2017), but it is what he said before that, saying the Michael Cohen they were on about being in Prague, was a different Michael Cohen, for reference he's a clip of that press conference...
I've talked in quite general terms about the document being more accurate than Trump and pals would care to admit as they don't have a credible reason for ceasing their legal challenges. I don't know the ins and outs of every allegation in the document but presumably, it's about more than just a visit to Prague.

In terms of the investigation into Russian links, I've always been under the impression that it was Jared Kushner who was under the most suspicion.
Old 20-04-2018, 03:40   #975
Mick
Cable Forum Team

BREAKING: U.S Department of Justice have released the former FBI Director James Comey Memos of alleged conversations that he said he had with President Trump to Congress.

Classified Stuff is redacted.

https://www.scribd.com/document/3768...een&from_embed

Shortly after releasing the Memos Devin Nunes, Trey Gowdy and Bob Goodlatte from various congressional oversight committees release the following statement:

Quote:
Washington, D.C. – Today House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Ca.), House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.), and House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) issued the following statement:

"We have long argued former Director Comey's self-styled memos should be in the public domain, subject to any classification redactions. These memos are significant for both what is in them and what is not.

Former Director Comey's memos show the President made clear he wanted allegations of collusion, coordination, and conspiracy between his campaign and Russia fully investigated. The memos also made clear the ‘cloud’ President Trump wanted lifted was not the Russian interference in the 2016 election cloud, rather it was the salacious, unsubstantiated allegations related to personal conduct leveled in the dossier.

The memos also show former Director Comey never wrote that he felt obstructed or threatened. While former Director Comey went to great lengths to set dining room scenes, discuss height requirements, describe the multiple times he felt complimented, and myriad other extraneous facts, he never once mentioned the most relevant fact of all, which was whether he felt obstructed in his investigation.

The memos also make certain what has become increasingly clear of late: former Director Comey has at least two different standards in his interactions with others. He chose not to memorialize conversations with President Obama, Attorney General Lynch, Secretary Clinton, Andrew McCabe or others, but he immediately began to memorialize conversations with President Trump. It is significant former Director Comey made no effort to memorialize conversations with former Attorney General Lynch despite concerns apparently significant enough to warrant his unprecedented appropriation of the charging decision away from her and the Department of Justice in July of 2016.

These memos also lay bare the notion that former Director Comey is not motivated by animus. He was willing to work for someone he deemed morally unsuited for office, capable of lying, requiring of personal loyalty, worthy of impeachment, and sharing the traits of a mob boss. Former Director Comey was willing to overlook all of the aforementioned characteristics in order to keep his job. In his eyes, the real crime was his own firing.

The memos show Comey was blind to biases within the FBI and had terrible judgment with respect to his deputy Andrew McCabe. On multiple occasions he, in his own words, defended the character of McCabe after President Trump questioned McCabe.

Finally, former Director Comey leaked at least one of these memos for the stated purpose of spurring the appointment of Special Counsel, yet he took no steps to spur the appointment of Special Counsel when he had significant concerns about the objectivity of the Department of Justice under Attorney General Loretta Lynch.

As we have consistently said, rather than making a criminal case for obstruction or interference with an ongoing investigation, these memos would be Defense Exhibit A should such a charge be made."
Closed Thread