Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

Old 02-10-2013, 13:54   #2311
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Re: General Sky TV Discussion

Its a great feature. So much betetr than the old one. I havnt had chance to read the article but i will say it needs to be connected to the internet for the new improved search to work. I agree MM the other cool feature is also great
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2013, 14:42   #2312
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Its a great feature in it's original format but any and all improvements are always welcome.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 16:04   #2313
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
The software will be rolled out in stages , its certainly a breath of fresh air when compared to its previous incarnation. The press releases don't seem to mention another nice feature what's included in the update.
I'll need to see if I've been updated. From 9:30pm onwards last night I couldn't access on demand at all. In fact the option to access on demand was completely removed from my SKY+ box. I forgot to check this morning to see if everything was back in order.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 16:41   #2314
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

The suggestions by current trends will be a nice time saver as well as getting the curious to check out new shows.

I wanna know what the other new feature is now...should it not be public knowledge anyway?
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 16:54   #2315
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
The suggestions by current trends will be a nice time saver as well as getting the curious to check out new shows.

I wanna know what the other new feature is now...should it not be public knowledge anyway?
The other new feature requires an update to your mobile device.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fisher View Post
Its a great feature in it's original format but any and all improvements are always welcome.
More info here
http://www.sky.com/mysky/latestnews/box-updates/
http://www.sky.com/mysky/latestnews/...ll-new-search/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I'll need to see if I've been updated. From 9:30pm onwards last night I couldn't access on demand at all. In fact the option to access on demand was completely removed from my SKY+ box. I forgot to check this morning to see if everything was back in order.
It was working ok here last night , there's been a lot of changes behind the scenes with On Demand , if your still having trouble tonight let me know and I'll try and suggest some things to try.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:05   #2316
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

I liked the blacklist. Looking forward to seeing more. Undecided about Graceland.

And the tunnel looks interesting
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 13:00   #2317
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
And the tunnel looks interesting
So Fox deny us the US remake version of the Bridge because Sky Atlantic are making their own remake, which will be available to a much smaller potential audience because of the channel it's on! Pathetic!

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/07/acqu...elix-ironside/

(second paragraph)
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 13:37   #2318
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
So Fox deny us the US remake version of the Bridge because Sky Atlantic are making their own remake, which will be available to a much smaller potential audience because of the channel it's on! Pathetic!

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/07/acqu...elix-ironside/

(second paragraph)
It seems more an issue of Shine America co producing 'The Bridge' and Kudos Film part of The Shine Group producing 'The Tunnel' in the UK possibly contractual , of course Shine Group is now owned by 21st Century Fox and the founder and current CEO of Shine Group is Rupert Murdoch's daughter Elisabeth Murdoch.
Old 06-10-2013, 18:33   #2319
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Sky Living logo is now blue and not pink
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 18:35   #2320
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Old 10-10-2013, 13:28   #2321
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Sky Living logo is now blue and not pink
Shows how observant I am because I never noticed!
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 11:13   #2322
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
SKY have finally launched their new and improved search facility on SKY+ HD boxes.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...ed-search.html
With the availability of the new connected search , iPad companion app , catch up , Sky Store and TV Box sets it would appear the number connecting there box is rising quickly. Sky have today reported that by the end of September 13 it had over 3.3 million people with connected STB's with 642,000 connecting during the last quarter , it also saw a fourfold increase in On Demand useage.
Old 17-10-2013, 11:16   #2323
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

But Higher Premier League costs have hit Sky profits thus eating into its bottom line.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/f...062597.article
Old 17-10-2013, 11:31   #2324
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
But Higher Premier League costs have hit Sky profits thus eating into its bottom line.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/f...062597.article
That was always going to happen ,most analysts expected it , I wouldn't be surprised to see hotly contested bidding for the champions league also. BT Sport was meant to impact Sky on its BB additions however they were up like most of its other metrics.
Old 17-10-2013, 11:39   #2325
Mr Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
That was always going to happen ,most analysts expected it , I wouldn't be surprised to see hotly contested bidding for the champions league also. BT Sport was meant to impact Sky on its BB additions however they were up like most of its other metrics.
There is also still a huge amount of opportunity too -

Triple-play subscribers, meaning people who take three products from BSkyB, now account for 36 percent of the firm's total customer base, according to the company.