Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | A month on, and no phone line still

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

A month on, and no phone line still

Old 11-04-2018, 12:14   #1
Mr_love_monkey
Anyone can play guitar

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via Yahoo to Mr_love_monkey
A month on, and no phone line still

Having a complete nightmare at the moment.
We moved house recently - in our old house we had Residential BB & phone line, and a business line.

There were various issues around getting the business line moved - namely around not being able to keep the phone number, as was documented elsewhere... anyway, eventually after several weeks we got the agreement that the line could be moved, and we'd switch over the business BB as well, meaning we would only have a residential phone line.

We book in the business install (14th of March), and then the residential install a few days later (19th).

Day of the business install, they do the BB no problem - but says he can't do the business line as there's no capacity in the cabinet - says he needs to get the networks team to increase capacity - because he's business he has no insight into whether all the existing lines are being used as they're residential and has no access to that database. I say we have a residential install happening in the next few days, and will he have the same problem? - he says hopefully not, as he'll be able to tell whether any of the lines are free.. in the meantime he will request for more capacity.

Residential guy turns up, says he can't do anything, doesn't know why he was sent out, since the business guy knows more than he does, and if he's put in a request for more capacity there's no point in him having come out...tells me someone will be in touch in a few days...

After nearly a month of no contact I call them (that said, my wife has been chasing up the business people in the meantime, but has had no luck at all just gets passed around being told someone will call back, but they never do - and this is made even harder given that Virgin Mobile signal here is awful, so we have to stand in the porch to make a call - in the process of moving from Virgin mobile, but these things take time...) - essentially no one can give me an update, or an idea of when the install might be done - the department that is dealing with it can't be contacted, don't provide updates, and can't give any kind of timelines.

So I don't know if I have to wait 6 days, 6 weeks, or 6 months - and now I'm wondering if I shouldn't just go and get a BT line - and cancel the business services and go for BT with that.
Supposedly we're in a contract with virgin for the business stuff, but given they're not providing the services they are contracted for, I don't see how that could be enforceable

Thoughts/comments/suggestion?
To my compulsion and my shame
Mr_love_monkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2018, 15:36   #2
joglynne
cf.mega poster

Services: Full House (XL), Vivid 200, Phone Talk Anytime
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: A month on, and no phone line still

Contact the CEO's office?
Old 12-04-2018, 09:11   #3
Mr_love_monkey
Anyone can play guitar

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via Yahoo to Mr_love_monkey
Re: A month on, and no phone line still

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Contact the CEO's office?
Yeah, that's our next step - it's just ridiculous that we have to.
To my compulsion and my shame
Mr_love_monkey is online now   Reply With Quote