Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Price rise

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Price rise

Old 13-08-2019, 00:20   #1
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Price rise

I took out a new deal about 2 months ago and was told that any price increases would not apply, I have just received an email saying
Quote:
From 1st October your price will be going up by £4.50 a month.
So who am I supposed to believe?
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-08-2019, 04:28   #2
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Price rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I took out a new deal about 2 months ago and was told that any price increases would not apply, I have just received an email saying
I would not believe anything VM told me.

Of course, if your one of the 100,000 lucky ones, your price will be frozen anyway

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 08:43   #3
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

I think if you are on Ompph the prices are frozen
Old 13-08-2019, 11:15   #4
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I too received a similar email. When I rang VM to sort it out, I was told that my price wasn't going up!

---------- Post added at 10:15 ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
I would not believe anything VM told me.

Of course, if your one of the 100,000 lucky ones, your price will be frozen anyway
Neither would I, so I got the woman who told me that my price wasn't going up to put what she had told me on the notes on my account in case i'm told different further down the line.

She said that these emails had been sent out to all customers en masse regardless of whether their price was going up or not, but I don't think this can be true as they all appear to be personalised to each customers individual services.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 11:52   #5
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

She said that these emails had been sent out to all customers en masse regardless of whether their price was going up or not, but I don't think this can be true as they all appear to be personalised to each customers individual services.
Just a thought, but could it be that the emails are personalised to every combination of service, bundle & price that VM can account for - rather than individual customers?

I don't know, just saying it's possible.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 15:05   #6
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by japitts View Post
Just a thought, but could it be that the emails are personalised to every combination of service, bundle & price that VM can account for - rather than individual customers?

Like a mail merge?

Nah, I think they manually write up all 4.5 million letters and seal them by hand.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 17:03   #7
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by japitts View Post

You may well be right.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote