Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rio Ferdinand

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

Rio Ferdinand

Old 19-12-2003, 22:29   #16
Graham F
Inactive

Graham F has reached the bronze age
Graham F has reached the bronze ageGraham F has reached the bronze ageGraham F has reached the bronze age
Re: Rio Ferdinand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor
Like Skiiing where they ban someone for taking a decongestant ?

Fact is, in this case Ferdinand made himself available to take the test 2 HOURS after his appointment and they said no because they are beaurocratic fools. If you can't see that as a failure in their system I can only assume you have an ulterior motive.
I think Rio is the fool to be honest by forgetting to turn up or do you think everyone should wait until Rio decides to turn up FFS if he can't be responceable enough to turn up on time he dervers what he gets.

Lemarsh i agree the punishments should be consistent throughout but this just yet again shows how poorly the national game of this country is run
Graham F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-12-2003, 22:32   #17
Nor
Inactive

Nor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to behold

No I agree hes a fool, I even went further in a previous post
Nor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2003, 22:38   #18
lemarsh
cf.geek

lemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby
I think Rio is the fool to be honest by forgetting to turn up or do you think everyone should wait until Rio decides to turn up FFS if he can't be responceable enough to turn up on time he dervers what he gets.

Lemarsh i agree the punishments should be consistent throughout but this just yet again shows how poorly the national game of this country is run
Agreed - Rio is a fool (and probably thought he was more important than the testers) - deserves a major talking to (and money fines are wasted on their salaries) & a ban to show who is boss, and that others can expect similar treatment.

But must agree with the state of the National Game. The FA have lost the impetus, and are trying to correct it in one go. They need to go back to basics, get everyone on side, and ensure that any disiplinary actions are dealt with within 2 weeks. Joe Cole is another example, where Chelsea are being punished for a crime he committed last season for West Ham. Not fair on Chelsea (and that from a Fulham supporter!!)
lemarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2003, 00:17   #19
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Edgar Davids - Fails drug test. Tests positve for nandrolone = 4 month ban

Jaap Stam - Fails drug test. Tests positve for nandrolone = 5 month ban

Rio Ferdinand - Misses drugs test, tests clean 2 days later = 8 Month ban
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2003, 02:00   #20
carlingman
Inactive

carlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appeal
carlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appeal

Pity they never took a step further -

Take away all his medals and deducted United Points for some games he played and while we are at it why strip some of his England Caps and points from their qualifying games.

Back to reality the FA is as much as a laughing stock as the Justice system in this country.
carlingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2003, 02:14   #21
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze

i think the penalty was too harsh they should have fined him yes he forgot but he offered to take the test at a later date

he has not been found positive for anything those who have done worse have got these types of sentences

Eric Cantona
Nine months and community service for kicking a fan

Mark Bosnich
Nine months after failing a drugs test for cocaine

Vinnie Jones
Six months (suspended for three years) and £20,000 fine for commentary in a video glorifying football violence and dirty tricks

Roy Keane
Five weeks, and £150,00 0 fine for comments made about Alfie Haaland in his autobiography

Rio Ferdinand
Eight months and £50,000 fine for failing to take a drugs test

see something wrong here ?
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2003, 02:34   #22
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I have not really paid much attention to this story (not being a MUFC fan) - what was his actual reason for not taking the test ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2003, 14:02   #23
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pem
I have not really paid much attention to this story (not being a MUFC fan) - what was his actual reason for not taking the test ?
His reason was that he simply forgot becuase he was moving house.

A pretty crap excuse I know, but about the same level as "I was picking my mother up from the airport"
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2003, 16:31   #24
Steve H
Inactive

Services: Freeview, 512k Pipex.
Steve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of Quads
Send a message via ICQ to Steve H Send a message via MSN to Steve H Send a message via Yahoo to Steve H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby
Do ya mean consistant throughout the game of football? Or consistant throughout all sports?

Wonder what'd of happened if he was a Arsenal Player
Steve H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2003, 17:02   #25
lemarsh
cf.geek

lemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve H
Do ya mean consistant throughout the game of football? Or consistant throughout all sports?

Wonder what'd of happened if he was a Arsenal Player
If it was an Arsenal Player, the ban would have been imposed after the last game of the season, and finnishes before the first game of the new season!!!

lemarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2003, 04:31   #26
kronas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemarsh
If it was an Arsenal Player, the ban would have been imposed after the last game of the season, and finnishes before the first game of the new season!!!

kronas is offline   Reply With Quote