Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Mobile Voicemail Numbering Plan

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Virgin Mobile Voicemail Numbering Plan

Old 06-08-2009, 18:22   #1
pl1969
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL
pl1969 is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin Mobile Voicemail Numbering Plan

Hi all,

I was wondering if any one can tell me the numbering plan for voicemail boxes on Virgin PAYG. It would seem a particular 'hilarious' friend of mine has reprogrammed the mailbox numbers on a few of our phones with other numbers e.g. when you try to collect a voicemail, you end up calling one of your friends phones...yeah, I know, what a card!!

Now the ever 'helpful' Virgin CS have told me *#67# would display the voicemail number....and surprisingly, it didn't work (such a shock!!), and despite another phonecall (same answer and a pointless one-sided argument), I did what everyone else that has had dealings with Virgin CS does...I went online and tried to find the answer myself...and hence, here I am...

...any help would be gratefully accepted..thanks...
pl1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2009, 22:26   #2
dave_dph
Inactive

dave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Virgin Mobile Voicemail Numbering Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl1969 View Post
Now the ever 'helpful' Virgin CS have told me *#67# would display the voicemail number....and surprisingly, it didn't work (such a shock!!), and despite another phonecall (same answer and a pointless one-sided argument), I did what everyone else that has had dealings with Virgin CS does...I went online and tried to find the answer myself...and hence, here I am...

...any help would be gratefully accepted..thanks...
First of all dial 222 from the handset and listen to the recorded instruction, during which you will receive a text message.

At the end of the instruction, end the call of read the text message. Attempt to delete text (it may or may not let you) and then turn phone off and on again.

Press and holding 1 will now take you to your voicemail service.

Depending on the make of handset you may be able to view your voicemail number through the message settings menu. If not dial *#67# and call. The information that displays on the screen will include your voicemail number. If you pay by direct debit the number will resemble a standard mobile number; if you pay via top up the number will be something like +44065 followed by the last 10 digits of your mobile number.

Hope that makes sense.
dave_dph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 23:18   #3
pl1969
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL
pl1969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks...

The 222 option appears to only be for voice mailbox creation, and as this was already done, it didn't send the automated 'settings' text (and Virgin CS couldn't seem to initiate that manually...)

..and the *#67# wasn't working due to 'irregularities' in their (T-Mobile's ?) system (again, according to Virgin CS....so maybe, maybe not..who knows...!)

...however, after searching online and ringing around various people 'in the know', I cracked it! For my PAYG SIM it was:
+44066[..last 10 digits of the number]

I was thinking it might be worth combining all the generated info and sending it to Virgin CS...because let's be honest, they should know...

However, again, many many thanks...everything working now...
pl1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 00:17   #4
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

*#67# works fine on my PAYG Virgin phone
Old 07-08-2009, 23:59   #5
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

If you don't receive many Voicemail messages you can lose your Voicemail number. My parents mainly use their phone for outgoing calls, and once went more than 6 months without a Voicemail being left. They consequently lost their Voicemail number and Virgin had to apply to T-Mobile for another one. It took over a week and was a real pain.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:15   #6
dave_dph
Inactive

dave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
If you don't receive many Voicemail messages you can lose your Voicemail number. My parents mainly use their phone for outgoing calls, and once went more than 6 months without a Voicemail being left. They consequently lost their Voicemail number and Virgin had to apply to T-Mobile for another one. It took over a week and was a real pain.
When that happens it's normally just a case of dialling 222 to reset / activate the voicemail service.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:05   #7
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

You should always have the same voicemail number as it is just your mobile number with a certain prefix
Old 08-08-2009, 10:59   #8
dave_dph
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
You should always have the same voicemail number as it is just your mobile number with a certain prefix
Unless you pay by direct debit, in wich case the voicemail number resembles a standard mobile number, mine starts +447945xxxxxx
Old 08-08-2009, 17:48   #9
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_dph View Post
When that happens it's normally just a case of dialling 222 to reset / activate the voicemail service.
Did that but kept getting "number not recognised" message. Got issued a new number prefixed +44065 instead of +44052.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote