Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Man Utd V Arsenal

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

Man Utd V Arsenal

Old 22-09-2003, 03:53   #1
sniper
(Invalid eMail, Account Suspended)

sniper is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to sniper
Man Utd V Arsenal

anyone see the game? i think arsene wenger needs to teach his men not to be as aggressive, what they did to van was damn right out of order.
sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-09-2003, 10:07   #2
TigaSefi
Inactive

TigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation era
Send a message via MSN to TigaSefi
well... Ruud was cheating.
TigaSefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2003, 10:09   #3
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
Quote:
Originally posted by sniper
anyone see the game? i think arsene wenger needs to teach his men not to be as aggressive, what they did to van was damn right out of order.
I don't thing Arsene Wenger will be doing that. After all he has basically said that you can't expect his players to shake hands after the game. And hes blamed Rudd for it all.

Here is a nice picture of Arsenal expressing their dismay at one of their players getting sent off, which Arsene seems to think is perfectly fine.

Anyway if Arsenal do get punished, it will just be that nasty FA picking on poor old Arsenal again.

Quote:
The ref got it wrong because of the reaction of van Nistelrooy
Arsenal midfielder Patrick Vieira
Patrick, Patrick. Maybe you should go on a refresher course on the rules of Football. There only has to be intent, you don't have the make contact to be sent off. You raised your foot, you were wrong, deal with it.

Yes I'll admit, RVN's was a bad tackle on Viera, and he could have even gone for it. But for everyone to call Rudd a cheat is ridiculous. Yes Rudd reacted, maybe he reacted on purpose, maybe it was instintive, we don't know. The fact is that if Vieira hadn't raised his foot then there would have been nothing for Rudd to react to. Rudd would have got his yellow card, Arsenal a free kick and Vieira would still be on the pitch.
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2003, 10:52   #4
timewarrior2001

Services: Evilness
in my oppinion it was 6 of one half a dozen of the other.

Man utd cheat, they hack they dive to wind the other team up, remember Ruud laughing as Vieria was sent off?

I honestly thought it was justice when he failed to put the penalty away.

Arsenal over reacted, they should get into trouble, but also Man Utd should face a grilling and possible fine for the antics of some of their players.
Old 22-09-2003, 11:12   #5
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
Quote:
Originally posted by timewarrior2001
in my oppinion it was 6 of one half a dozen of the other.

Man utd cheat, they hack they dive to wind the other team up, remember Ruud laughing as Vieria was sent off?

I honestly thought it was justice when he failed to put the penalty away.

Arsenal over reacted, they should get into trouble, but also Man Utd should face a grilling and possible fine for the antics of some of their players.
Was he laughing because Vieira was sent off? Or was he laughing because he thought he had been sent off and then realised it was actually Vieira? Or was he laughing with relief that he escaped being assulted by Vieira who was charging around the pitch after him? Or was he laughing because he couldn't believe that another Arsenal player had reacted again?

And please tell me, what the Utd players did that makes you think they should be fined?
Old 22-09-2003, 11:17   #6
timewarrior2001

Quote:
Originally posted by gazzae
Was he laughing because Vieira was sent off? Or was he laughing because he thought he had been sent off and then realised it was actually Vieira? Or was he laughing with relief that he escaped being assulted by Vieira who was charging around the pitch after him? Or was he laughing because he couldn't believe that another Arsenal player had reacted again?

And please tell me, what the Utd players did that makes you think they should be fined?
Ruud nicely putting his boot into Vieira's back seconds before he was sent off for kicking out. As much as Vieira got his just deserts to me jumping into someone like ruud did was violent conduct too.
Old 22-09-2003, 11:19   #7
gazzae
Inactive

Quote:
Originally posted by timewarrior2001
Ruud nicely putting his boot into Vieira's back seconds before he was sent off for kicking out. As much as Vieira got his just deserts to me jumping into someone like ruud did was violent conduct too.
Yes it was a bad tackle by Rudd, for which he got a yellow card.
Old 22-09-2003, 11:44   #8
smicer07
Inactive

smicer07 has reached the bronze age
smicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via AIM to smicer07 Send a message via MSN to smicer07 Send a message via Yahoo to smicer07
I thought it was hilarious, I've been waiting for the Horse to get his comeuppance for ages.
smicer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2003, 12:14   #9
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
Sensible article here from a man with a strong Arsenal connection.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mai...2/sfnsmi22.xml

Quote,
"United on the other hand, did nothing wrong at all, Van Nistelrooy, in particular , refused to bite back"
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2003, 12:20   #10
imback
Inactive

imback will become famous soon enoughimback will become famous soon enoughimback will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by gazzae
<snip>
Notice you haven't put up a pic of Fortune (I think it was) shoving the gunners keeper to get the ball off him, it looked just as bad as the pic you have posted

Man U fans need to accept their players were as much to blame too, come on guys grown up and accept some blame.

As I pointed out in the other thread, the gunners will have players banned for a few games, now don't tell me this don't work, cos that is effectivly how they lost the league last year, so the punishments fits
imback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2003, 12:21   #11
timewarrior2001

Quote:
Originally posted by iadom
Sensible article here from a man with a strong Arsenal connection.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mai...2/sfnsmi22.xml

Quote,
"United on the other hand, did nothing wrong at all, Van Nistelrooy, in particular , refused to bight back"
But thats hios oppinion. It can be fairly argued that knowing vieira had just lost his cool ina previous inceident, Van Nistlerooy intended to have a dig at him and escalate the situation.

As I said before I dont htink either side were without any kind of blame, but Arsenal certainly did go too far after the final whistle.

Neither team need worry the FA are far to scared of them both to bring about any charges, yet they hammer smaller teams such as Middlesbrough.
Old 22-09-2003, 12:31   #12
gazzae
Inactive

Quote:
Originally posted by imback
Notice you haven't put up a pic of Fortune (I think it was) shoving the gunners keeper to get the ball off him, it looked just as bad as the pic you have posted
I didn't see that pic. Feel free to post it.

Quote:
Originally posted by imback
As I pointed out in the other thread, the gunners will have players banned for a few games, now don't tell me this don't work, cos that is effectivly how they lost the league last year, so the punishments fits
Arsenal didn't loose the league. Man Utd won it.
Old 22-09-2003, 12:40   #13
The Diplomat
Inactive

The Diplomat is an unknown quantity at this point
IMO both teams ( yet again ) were a disgrace.

The FA need to come down hard on them and impose a substantial points deduction as a suitable penalty. As previously stated tho' they seem scared to punish either side as they would any other prem side.
The Diplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2003, 13:12   #14
TigaSefi
Inactive

TigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation era
Send a message via MSN to TigaSefi
Man Utd should be relegated asap as punishment if you ask me :p
TigaSefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2003, 13:24   #15
gazzae
Inactive

Quote:
Originally posted by TigaSefi
Man Utd should be relegated asap as punishment if you ask me :p
ROFL

Actually, this season 30 years ago we were relegated. Beaten by City at OT, a Denis Law backheel.