Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | World Cup 2006

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

World Cup 2006

Old 05-12-2003, 17:56   #1
TigaSefi
Inactive

TigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation era
Send a message via MSN to TigaSefi
World Cup 2006

Looks like England drawn with Wales and Northern Ireland ???

BBC site such a shambels, I dunno if that final or continuing ?
TigaSefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2003, 17:57   #2
ic14
Permanently Banned

ic14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to ic14
Re: World Cup 2006

Its final.

I couldnt help but laugh at that result!
EDIT here we go: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ls/3257716.stm
ic14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 17:59   #3
TigaSefi
Inactive

TigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation era
Send a message via MSN to TigaSefi

yeah, cos wales gonna get walloped! again with a different kind of ball :p ........
TigaSefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 19:36   #4
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze

i expect the rivalry to be red hot for the irish and welsh games quite an easy group really

but this is the world cup lets hope england can live up to the expectations......

not as a team with alot of potential but never fulfilling it
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 20:47   #5
Iago
Inactive

Iago is an unknown quantity at this point

"team with a lot of potential"

We highly overrate our football team, They are not as good as we like to make out. Sure, in this group we are more than capable but on the world stage we cannot count our-selfs as one of the best teams
Iago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 21:07   #6
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigaSefi
yeah, cos wales gonna get walloped! again with a different kind of ball :p ........

Yeah....right!

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 21:21   #7
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

England should be able to beat these teams heres our group.

Group 6
ENGLAND
Poland
Austria
WALES
NORTHERN IRELAND
Azerbaijan
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 21:43   #8
kronas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iago

We highly overrate our football team, They are not as good as we like to make out. Sure, in this group we are more than capable but on the world stage we cannot count our-selfs as one of the best teams

i know we do over rate players but as individuals they show themselves on many levels of football as excellently skilled players doing it on the world stage is a completly diffarent thing all together however............
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 10:08   #9
Iago
Inactive

Iago is an unknown quantity at this point

we are still rubbish compared to the other teams
Iago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 10:25   #10
Tricky
Inactive

Services: $KY+HD - BT Infinity
Tricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigaSefi
Last few times I've seen Wales play I think they'd beat England. I don't reckon England will win the group. They'll probably get through but that'll be it.
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 10:51   #11
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Ah the Home internationals are back!

Northern Ireland - the last winners of the Home Internationals (and therefore holders for eternity!)
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 12:17   #12
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iago

OMG!!!! FINALLY!!! (I hope you are talking about England here) An English person who has seen the light!!! I have more family in Holland than I do in England, so support Holland and for a while I've been saying that the English over-rate the team far too much. And, they can't let go of the past either - Maradonna for instance. LET IT GO!!!!!!

At least I can say that on paper, Holland have one of the most talented and expensive squads in the world, but they just do not seem to gel together. Kluivert is the dutch Heskey!!!! De Boer is getting on a bit too. At least I can see the weaknesses in Holland and if they are beaten, it's probably down to the fact they played badly, not because 'someone cheated on the other team and the freekick we did score from was the best in the world ever since the last one we scored from coz there's only one person in the team that can take free kicks'!!!!!!

I am calm............
Old 07-12-2003, 12:25   #13
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

The thing with the England team is that they have some fantastic players (Beckham, Rooney, Owen etc) who can truly be called world class, but put them together and they just don't gel as well as they could and should.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote