Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Mobile Pay As You Go plan change

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Virgin Mobile Pay As You Go plan change

Old 16-08-2019, 13:03   #1
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Virgin Mobile Pay As You Go plan change

Looks like Virgin Mobile (UK) are consolidating their legacy (no longer sold) Pay As You Go plans/tariffs.

It seems they are all being moved to the Simply 8p plan. This is an existing Virgin Media Customer-only plan, however there are some differences to it now for the few that were already on it, e.g. texts are getting cheaper and voicemail is becoming free (it was one of the strange legacy plans that introduced paid voicemail).

Anyway Virgin Mobile PAYG customers are being texted about it. I can't say for sure it's all Legacy plans. I just know that the text has been received by people I know are on different PAYG plans/tariffs.

The move is happening on the 17th September.

More information can be found here.
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/payg-change
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-08-2019, 21:17   #2
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Virgin Mobile Pay As You Go plan change

We all got the texts announcing this today.

It won't affect me much as I still have £8.20 left of a £10 top-up I made in late 2017....
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 20:56   #3
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

The change was meant to happen yesterday.

Well it's not happening to all legacy PAYG tariff users. One phone never had the text before hand and the website currently still has them on the Original tariff. Two other phones on newer, but still legacy tariffs, got the texts and are on the Simply 8p tariff.

And it's not like the phone that's not been switched isn't used. Are Virgin Media doing it in stages? What was their criteria for switching users over?
Old 26-09-2019, 20:35   #4
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

I will be switching to Tesco mobile for a new phone and a better deal... Goodbye VM.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2019, 20:43   #5
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard s View Post
I will be switching to Tesco mobile for a new phone and a better deal... Goodbye VM.
Tesco Mobile have some good deals Richard.
Old 26-09-2019, 20:53   #6
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard s View Post

i've been with Tesco Mobile for many years.
Their customer service (UK based) is generally quite good. I do find their data prices a bit steep compared to most but luckily i'm only a relatively light user.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2019, 20:44   #7
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
From 18 November, some PAYG customers will be paying £2 for one to 200 text messages, £2 for the first 200 minutes every day and £2 for the first 200MB of data used each day.

Phone calls will then be charged at 1p a minute, texts at 1p each, while data will cost £2 for each 200MB used throughout the day.
Quote:
According to Virgin, however, not all customers are being transferred to the Daily Plan tariff, but it didn't say how it has decided which customers will or won't be.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/bi...oar-6-day.html
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2019, 22:00   #8
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

That must only be for heavy PAYG customers, minimums like those for calls and text would be extreme for the others. And given they have only just recently moved many to Simply 8p it clearly isn't for everyone.

The £2 for 200MB has been their (ridiculous) PAYG data charge for a while.

---------- Post added at 20:41 ---------- Previous post was at 20:35 ----------

I know someone who isn't a particularly heavy user that wasn't moved to Simply 8p in September so I expect there might be a 3rd tier, a middle tier between the one on this new article and Simply 8p that they may be moving the remaining customers onto.

---------- Post added at 21:00 ---------- Previous post was at 20:41 ----------

I found the link on the Virgin Mobile forums.
https://virginmedia.com/paygnov

They are clearly sending different changes to different customers, and clearly they sent it to the wrong people in some instances and hence the newspaper article.

Hopefully they will fix it.