Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | internet charges on pay as you go

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

internet charges on pay as you go

Old 24-07-2009, 19:33   #1
boz
Inactive

boz is an unknown quantity at this point
internet charges on pay as you go

Quick question regarding internet charges on pay as you go...

Firstly when it says unlimited if you top up £20 a month. dose that mean you have to top up £20 every month regularly? I.e. if you top up then your free internet lasts for one month even if you don't spend any of your £20 top up then at the end of the month it charges you as normal?

Also what is the standard charge of internet use? the only thing i can find is 30p a day, but that says when you top up £10 a month, so is that like the above deal? Or is 30p standard even if you don't top up at all?

And finally even though it says it's unlimited there is a max amount right? I read 25mb per day, to me that doesn’t seem a lot (couple of youtube videos and thats about it!) So what happens if you go over that amount does it charge you another 30p?

Bit of a mix of questions there but would appreciate some friendly advice thanks
boz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-07-2009, 17:54   #2
caph
cf.geek

caph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to all
Re: internet charges on pay as you go

Not sure about the free internet with top up but as far as I know everyone is now charged at 30p for 25mb per day, you then start getting charged at £2 per Meg! Ouch. Given that rich content web pages can easily be around 1Mb per page, that's not a lot of surfing.
caph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009, 18:08   #3
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: internet charges on pay as you go

If you do the £20 top up its 1Gb over the month - it isn't limited to per day