Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BB 9300 Curve Gold Pin Missing

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BB 9300 Curve Gold Pin Missing

Old 15-07-2011, 19:58   #1
mjkellett
Inactive

mjkellett is an unknown quantity at this point
BB 9300 Curve Gold Pin Missing

Hi, I am absolutely raging. Virgin Media have lost, as soon as I am able, a very loyal customer who has been with them for many years, both with home tv/broadband/phone, and with mobile too. All because of their failure to act reasonably and responsibly in fixing my mobile, which is not working through no fault of my own. I hope that satisfies them, cos I'm certainly not satisfied.

My BB 9300 Curve will no longer pick up my sim card. I've taken out the sim card, and where the sim goes, there are 6 tiny gold pins (3 above the silver bar, and 3 below). Well, there SHOULD be 6. Mine somehow now only has 5.

I've spent ages on the phone to Virgin (with whom I got the phone from in September 2010). I'm raging because it turns out that they won't cover that under warranty because it's classed as damaged. My phone is in excellent condition, and has in no way been mistreated. I was told that BB design the pins not to fall/break off, end of, so that fault is not covered. I was told that we could send the phone in for repair, but we would have to pay for it. The repair team will see that I've done nothing whatsoever to damage the phone, but that would make no difference. As far as I'm concerned, the phone has to be fit for purpose, and I would not call this fit for purpose. If anything else I bought didn't work within the year, so long as I hadn't mistreated it, I would expect it to be fixed under warranty. The repair man said he'd worked for virgin for 5 years and never seen it before. My point was 'so what?'. It's happened to mine, and it's happened to someone else I know, but they'd dropped there's in water at some point, so never bothered to send it off for repair.

Where do I stand legally on this issue? Has anyone else had this particular fault?

I desperately need a mobile with internet as well as calls/texts, as I have mental health issues and it's vital I can keep in close contact with various people. I cannot afford to pay for it to be repaired. Besides, why should I? I would take responsibility if I had done something to damage it, but I know I haven't. I cannot afford to buy a new phone either. So what do I do now?
mjkellett is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-07-2011, 23:20   #2
TheNorm
Inactive

Services: Sky TV, VM TV, 20meg bb, tel, and a lobster (but the lobster died).
TheNorm has a nice shiny star
TheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny star
Re: BB 9300 Curve Gold Pin Missing

Why did you tell them the pin was missing?

Why not just say "my phone has stopped working, it is under warranty - fix it!"
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2011, 23:31   #3
mjkellett
Inactive

They would have sent it back anyway, so doesn't make a difference.
Old 15-07-2011, 23:44   #4
TheNorm
Inactive

Services: Sky TV, VM TV, 20meg bb, tel, and a lobster (but the lobster died).
TheNorm has a nice shiny star
TheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkellett View Post
They would have sent it back anyway, so doesn't make a difference.
Are you saying they examined the phone without knowing exactly what was wrong with it?

I find it hard to believe the repair man would have counted the number of pins touching the sim card. In my experience, these guys look for one or two obvious signs (e.g. water in the phone) and don't waste time delving any deeper.
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2011, 23:51   #5
mjkellett
Inactive

I think the whole point is that, regardless of what the fault is and whether they dig any deeper or not, it is under warranty, it has not been mistreated, and I am entitled to have it repaired, free of charge. I have nothing to hide.