Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Old 15-01-2020, 15:27   #121
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Official confirmation that La Liga TV is coming to Virgin Media on the 16th.
https://www.virginmedia.com/corporat...n-virgin-media

---------- Post added at 12:55 ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 ----------

I keep laughing at the “no extra charge” tag line. Previously you watched la liga on premier sports at a cost per month. Now they’re moving the matches to a different channel ... you’re still paying a tenner mind
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-01-2020, 21:33   #122
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Well 2020 is when we are rumoured to be getting UHD content from sky, anybody know when .
I would put money on it launching at the start of the new 2020/21 Premier League season in August

Looking forward to watching Forest in 4K/UHD next season ;-)
Old 15-01-2020, 21:44   #123
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
I would put money on it launching at the start of the new 2020/21 Premier League season in August

Looking forward to watching Forest in 4K/UHD next season ;-)
Hope you go get promoted i'm fed up of some of the games in the EPL this year. Most sundays i just look at the fixture list and think "no....."

Any good suggestions on 4K tvs. Had my same HD tv for ten years now
Old 15-01-2020, 21:58   #124
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Hope you go get promoted i'm fed up of some of the games in the EPL this year. Most sundays i just look at the fixture list and think "no....."

Any good suggestions on 4K tvs. Had my same HD tv for ten years now
Depends how much you want to spend ? Trusted reviews are a good source for information.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2020, 22:00   #125
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Depends how much you want to spend ? Trusted reviews are a good source for information.
no idea what the going rate is these days! a couple of hundred...?
Old 15-01-2020, 22:02   #126
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
no idea what the going rate is these days! a couple of hundred...?
What size screen you looking for?
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 23:21   #127
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
What size screen you looking for?
Not sure to be honest. think my current one is 28 inches and its a samsung. had it for ten years. very reliable. i get a very good HD picture. I just want to be next generation ready for 4k to be honest around the same size and a reliable company.
Old 16-01-2020, 23:45   #128
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Not sure to be honest. think my current one is 28 inches and its a samsung. had it for ten years. very reliable. i get a very good HD picture. I just want to be next generation ready for 4k to be honest around the same size and a reliable company.

I don't think UHD TVs come in less than 40" screens - however if your old one is that old it is likely to have a large border compared to modern ones, so the overall size won't be much bigger just the viewable part of the screen.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2020, 10:48   #129
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
At time of posting our TiVo EPG has got listings for Universal Channel for upto January 29th.

Look like Sky Comedy will launch about February 4th but Universal Channel is set to close on BT Vision from January 27th.
Last night we found that Universal Channel EPG on TiVo has been update to say at 6am (Universal Channel +1 to close at 7am) on January 27th that Universal Channel is "No Longer Available".

With no listings being shown for the Sky Comedy channels.

So keep an eye on JJ20X over on Forum Box for news on tests appearing for

Sky Comedy
Sky Comedy HD
Sky Comedy +1

Base on other tests they will appear sometime by Thursday we say early next week (Monday or Tuesday).
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 17-01-2020 at 11:20.
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2020, 11:49   #130
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Last night we found that Universal Channel EPG on TiVo has been update to say at 6am (Universal Channel +1 to close at 7am) on January 27th that Universal Channel is "No Longer Available".

With no listings being shown for the Sky Comedy channels.

So keep an eye on JJ20X over on Forum Box for news on tests appearing for

Sky Comedy
Sky Comedy HD
Sky Comedy +1

Base on other tests they will appear sometime by Thursday we say early next week (Monday or Tuesday).
I would think that although the listings state ‘no longer available’ on the day it would just be a simple name change/rebrand and the schedule going forward being updated on the day as well as all config will be the same as well as the source feed.

I would doubt that they would do any testing in advance
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2020, 12:02   #131
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
I would think that although the listings state ‘no longer available’ on the day it would just be a simple name change/rebrand and the schedule going forward being updated on the day as well as all config will be the same as well as the source feed.

Since the start of 2020 Virgin Media UK has started to test channels in the new way.

MTV Classic was testing when VH1 was broadcasting with VH1 listing saying "no longer available" after January 7th. But we now know that MTV Classic appeared on the same channel number on that date.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2020, 12:03   #132
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:

I'd imagine many thought it would work like the 5Spike/Paramount change , in that 5Spike shows/schedule started showing in the schedule for Paramount if you scrolled to (and past) the change date.

Given it's not showing, the next guess would be it wasn't using the same space on the network, hence the test bit.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2020, 12:08   #133
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Since the start of 2020 Virgin Media UK has started to test channels in the new way.

MTV Classic was testing when VH1 was broadcasting with VH1 listing saying "no longer available" after January 7th. But we now know that MTV Classic appeared on the same channel number on that date.
Good point, I stand corrected, although MTV Classic was an existing channel beforehand whereas Sky Comedy doesn't exist as the moment and it will be taking over everything from Universal Channel on any network that it is on.
Old 17-01-2020, 12:16   #134
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Good point, I stand corrected, although MTV Classic was an existing channel beforehand whereas Sky Comedy doesn't exist as the moment and it will be taking over everything from Universal Channel on any network that it is on.
I wasn't trying to "correct" anything, just guessing the reasoning/thought process.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2020, 12:18   #135
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I wasn't trying to "correct" anything, just guessing the reasoning/thought process.
I hadn't seen your post cheekyangus sorry, I was replying to MB

I am sure we will see how it unravels soon enough